Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather have a girl or boy child first?

Zygen

75 users have voted

1. 1. Would you rather a girl or a boy child first?

• Boy
    • Girl

I'm sure it will happen :D! Just don't panic and rush into it :)! Like you said your 16 and have ages yet :D!

I'm sure it will happen eventually :D!

I hope, i haven't had much luck in the love department at all, i've yet to even date anyone, much less marry them or have kids or anything.

I'm not gonna panic and rush into it though, I already have a purity ring and stuff, so i'm not planning on anything till i get married anyways.

I know i've got a while, but this thread has got me slightly excited for it. 

Although, its also made me a bit unsure and nervous, since I don't know anything much about raising children, I've had little to no experience with it thus far, i dunno how much experience parents typically have, but still i feel like i should end up knowing something atleast. 

But i don't know anything really, and theres so much to learn and teach and do in childhood, like teaching your child basic things, and disciplining them, and trying to teach them to be good, without doing it wrong and screwing it up. And i've hardly been around toddlers especially, i've never even done anything basic like feed them, or change them, or anything, and there are many other things to deal with as they grow up.

Kinda makes me nervous, but i guess i'm kinda early for it anyways.

I'm like nervexcited ;p.

Hopefully it will happen sometime, i really want to have kids sometime, I guess its just a matter of eventuelly finding someone who will love me enough to marry me and have kids with me.

I guess i got a while though.

• Brohoof 1

I hope, i haven't had much luck in the love department at all, i've yet to even date anyone, much less marry them or have kids or anything.

I'm not gonna panic and rush into it though, I already have a purity ring and stuff, so i'm not planning on anything till i get married anyways.

I know i've got a while, but this thread has got me slightly excited for it. 

Although, its also made me a bit unsure and nervous, since I don't know anything much about raising children, I've had little to no experience with it thus far, i dunno how much experience parents typically have, but still i feel like i should end up knowing something atleast. 

But i don't know anything really, and theres so much to learn and teach and do in childhood, like teaching your child basic things, and disciplining them, and trying to teach them to be good, without doing it wrong and screwing it up. And i've hardly been around toddlers especially, i've never even done anything basic like feed them, or change them, or anything, and there are many other things to deal with as they grow up.

Kinda makes me nervous, but i guess i'm kinda early for it anyways.

I'm like nervexcited ;p.

Hopefully it will happen sometime, i really want to have kids sometime, I guess its just a matter of eventuelly finding someone who will love me enough to marry me and have kids with me.

I guess i got a while though.

I'm practically 20 and haven't had a real GF yet haha ><!

I'm hoping the raising kids thing comes as basically an instinct :o! I am fortunate to have younger brothers so I kind of know what I would be doing hehe!

I have heard a lot about parenting from some pastors, and I'm hoping that I can be one of those Dad's who is always calm yet stern :)! There are loads of books on parenting to so I guess they will help :D!

• Brohoof 1

Girl.

If I had a boy there's a very good chance he'd just grow up to be Rudy MK II. That would be boring. I'd just watch him bumble awkwardly through his life, failing in all the same ways I did, while I give him useless advice that I never learned how to heed. Yawn.

Having a girl would be far more interesting. The idea of a female inheriting my features and personality traits is fascinating, and her failures would inevitably gain more novelty value as a result. I also have potential names picked out, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Yeah, I'd be a horrible father...

• Brohoof 1

I'm practically 20 and haven't had a real GF yet haha ><!

I'm hoping the raising kids thing comes as basically an instinct :o! I am fortunate to have younger brothers so I kind of know what I would be doing hehe!

I have heard a lot about parenting from some pastors, and I'm hoping that I can be one of those Dad's who is always calm yet stern :)! There are loads of books on parenting to so I guess they will help :D!

Hm, well you've got me beat there i guess.

I hope it does to, but idk, i have a feeling it won't exactly be terribly instinctual. 

I have a younger brother, but hes only 2 years younger, so it wasn't like he was so young that I had to do stuff like feed him, or change his diaper, or.. idk what else you even have to do with babies frankly ;p.

You'd have a better idea then me though, the youngest kids i've really dealt with where like 4, and that was for a computer class my mom taught to a group of 4-5 year olds.

And i didn't really do much in that, just helped guide them when needed, and answer questions, make sure they don't shut destroy the computer hitting all the keys at once, and on occasions I was in charge of taking the boys to the bathroom, but thats really it.

Plus, that was maybe a hour and a half or so class, so yeah ;p. Nothing like taking care of your own children i imagine.

And again, thats the youngest i've been around, i've had to look after my cousins before when their parents are somewhere else, or take them to the bathroom when we're in public, but i mean they where like at the youngest 4-5 and could take care of themselves mostly. So yeah.

It wasn't like i was left hours on end alone with them.

I guess thats one place to get it, but frankly i have a feeling that during the first few months of having my kids i'm either going to be calling, or just have my mom over, or i'll hope my wife has more experience then i do ;p.

I'm hoping i can be calm and stern, but frankly i have some issues with losing my cool sometimes, so i have a feeling i'm gonna have to work on that before that happens, because right now with enough pressure I blow up. 

I suppose thats true to, not to mention i'm sure theres stuff online or on youtube.

I can't be the only one who would feel slightly akward checking out a book on parenting can i? I think thats just me being self conscious ;p.

Besides, i have no need for that for a bit really. I'd forget most of it by the time i needed it even if i learned it now probably.

Parenting will be complicated i'm sure, but hopefully not as bad as I think it might be.

Girl.

If I had a boy there's a very good chance he'd just grow up to be Rudy MK II. That would be boring. I'd just watch him bumble awkwardly through his life, failing in all the same ways I did, while I give him useless advice that I never learned how to heed. Yawn.

Having a girl would be far more interesting. The idea of a female inheriting my features and personality traits is fascinating, and her failures would inevitably gain more novelty value as a result. I also have potential names picked out, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Yeah, I'd be a horrible father...

Well, I don't think you'd be a bad father! You never know really. I'm sure with some experience and reading up on it you could learn to be a good one.

If you don't want to thats different, but I'm sure setting your mind to it you'd turn out way better then you think you will.

• Brohoof 2

I'd have a boy,

They're fun and full of energy, they keep you on your toes, they learn fast and are relatively clean and you love 'em even when they get into trouble.

Oh, did I say a boy? I meant a dog

• Brohoof 1

Always have wanted a girl, and have her be my only child. I just don't get along with males, no matter the age or relation. I can easily see myself playing dress-up and having tea parties, rather than playing Xbox and football. :P

/endsexistgeneralizations 

• Brohoof 1

I'd have a boy,

They're fun and full of energy, they keep you on your toes, they learn fast and are relatively clean and you love 'em even when they get into trouble.

Oh, did I say a boy? I meant a dog

That does kinda make boys and dogs sound similar ;p.

Well, except clean, because i'm pretty sure both dogs and boys are messy. Atleast judging from the dogs i've had and the younger boys i've seen.

Always have wanted a girl, and have her be my only child. I just don't get along with males, no matter the age or relation. I can easily see myself playing dress-up and having tea parties, rather than playing Xbox and football. :P

/endsexistgeneralizations 

I see, well i hang around alot of girls, i still get along with guys, but yeah. I can see where your coming from.

I wouldn't mind playing dress up a little if i had a daughter i guess.

Well, I don't think you'd be a bad father! You never know really. I'm sure with some experience and reading up on it you could learn to be a good one.   If you don't want to thats different, but I'm sure setting your mind to it you'd turn out way better then you think you will.

Quite a lot of my post was meant in jest but I do thank you for the vote of confidence! ^_^

Perhaps I could be a good father, but I don't really think much about it. I have waaaaaay too many other concerns to deal with before that.

Edited by Rudes
  • Brohoof 1

Quite a lot of my post was meant in jest but I do thank you for the vote of confidence! ^_^

Perhaps I could be a good father, but I don't really think much about it. I have other concerns to deal with before that, such as finding a woman who will allow me to impregnate her. So far, no luck.

Oh, well I am still honest with my confidence vote. 

And your welcome :D.

I'm sure you could, you can surprise yourself with how well you can do things, i mean i've done so before, and being someone with low self confidence I have alot of things i don't think i can do, until i actually put my mind to do them. ;p.

I really just recently started thinking about children in the future, its just one of the many things my mind likes to think about randomly ;p.

And besides, its not like you have to become a father, or even right now. Its not something i think you should rush into. It takes alot of commitment i imagine.

I don't personally plan on having kids until i'm probably out of college, even if i get married before hand. To much to deal with responsibility wise probably.

I know it won't help probaly, but i haven't dated anyone myself, even if i'm only 16, which in reality isn't that long. 

I'm sure you'll find someone soon! Don't lose hope :), good things come to those who wait.

I actually just had my baby boy on labor day. I'm very happy that he's a boy and wouldn't change anything about him for the world. My fiance has a daughter from a previous relationship and I've always wanted one of each. It's a nice balance to our family. 

• Brohoof 2

I actually just had my baby boy on labor day. I'm very happy that he's a boy and wouldn't change anything about him for the world. My fiance has a daughter from a previous relationship and I've always wanted one of each. It's a nice balance to our family. 

Awww, thats cute :D. I'm glad to hear! I hear birth ain't easy, but well i'm a guy so yeah ;p. 

Regardless i hope hes happy and healthy!

I guess the fact you brought him into the world makes him pretty special, so in the end it really doesn't matter the gender or anything.

I think the balance from having both is nice though, part of the reason i want both, and also because i just want to experience both.

Hopefully my wife is willing to have a few children, assuming i do get married(hopefully) in the future. 

I want children regardless, even if i don't know anything about raising children at all, and i know its a handful.

Hopefully i can learn or something.

Congratulations again! Best of luck to you and your family aswell as your new baby boy!

• Brohoof 1

Lol I'd like a boy first. Though, my guy and I have been wishing for twins! The boy-girl kind. Then another boy, then another girl. Ohohohor the wonders of having four kids. :'D

I wouldn't hate it if I do get a girl first though. But it'd be wonderful if we get what we've been planning for so long. ;_;

• Brohoof 1

Lol I'd like a boy first. Though, my guy and I have been wishing for twins! The boy-girl kind. Then another boy, then another girl. Ohohohor the wonders of having four kids. :'D

I wouldn't hate it if I do get a girl first though. But it'd be wonderful if we get what we've been planning for so long. ;_;

Oh so you already have it all planned to go huh? Haha :D.

Twins are cool i guess, always interesting i guess. It would be interesting to see if the two of them seem to have any kind of connection like twins apparently do.

Besides, wanting a boy and a girl myself it wouldn't be a half bad way to get what i want ;p.

Although, i imagine for a women its like twice as painful or something. So yeah ;p.

Wonders is true alright, your gonna be pumped up on painkillers, pain, and endorphin's ;p.

Good luck with that anyways haha.

Yeah i don't think i'd hate any of my children because they're not the gender i wanted, I mean its still my very own child and I still am going to care for it to the ends of the earth.

But it would be nice, good luck for you in fulfilling your plans! 

Hopefully when i get married and decide to have children things shall go according to plan.. atleast somewhat ;p.

Oh so you already have it all planned to go huh? Haha biggrin.png.

Twins are cool i guess, always interesting i guess. It would be interesting to see if the two of them seem to have any kind of connection like twins apparently do.

Besides, wanting a boy and a girl myself it wouldn't be a half bad way to get what i want ;p.

Although, i imagine for a women its like twice as painful or something. So yeah ;p.

Wonders is true alright, your gonna be pumped up on painkillers, pain, and endorphin's ;p.

Good luck with that anyways haha.

Yeah i don't think i'd hate any of my children because they're not the gender i wanted, I mean its still my very own child and I still am going to care for it to the ends of the earth.

But it would be nice, good luck for you in fulfilling your plans! 

Hopefully when i get married and decide to have children things shall go according to plan.. atleast somewhat ;p.

I actually wouldn't mind twins either if I were to have kids one day as well; I could possibly have a boy and girl for twins, and I would be able to have both genders first.

• Brohoof 1

I actually wouldn't mind twins either if I were to have kids one day as well; I could possibly have a boy and girl for twins, and I would be able to have both genders first.

I wouldn't mind them either as i've said. Assuming i first get to the point where i have someone crazy enough to marry me and then have kids with me ;p.

I think i'd want girl boy though, or else i'd probaly have another or adopt, because i'd want one of each atleast like i said.

I don't want to put our family on overload though, or my wife ;p.

But it would be nice to have both first, (even if technically both can't come out at the same time, so one will be a few minutes older ;p.) however i think i'm better of not trying my luck in wising for twins of both genders, and just wishing for 1 gender and 1 gender separate births.

Besides, if 1 birth in a row is painful, i imagine 2 in a row is probably really painful.

I can't even imagine something like 3-4-5-or even 6 at a time...

I'm gonna be happy with whatever mostly, even if i really do want 1 of each atleast, somehow somewhere along the line.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

For my reason, I'd like to have a daughter first. I have my reasons for it though.

1.Lack of gamer girls. So I train her to become a real gamer

2. I want something unique too. Like she tends to get fit, she's not very social. Almost like not what girls do but what boys do

3. I want to also see her in beautiful clothes with a gamer attitude. So that boys want to play pvp in CoD, LoL...etc

So yeah, that could be it.

• Brohoof 2

For my reason, I'd like to have a daughter first. I have my reasons for it though.

1.Lack of gamer girls. So I train her to become a real gamer

2. I want something unique too. Like she tends to get fit, she's not very social. Almost like not what girls do but what boys do

3. I want to also see her in beautiful clothes with a gamer attitude. So that boys want to play pvp in CoD, LoL...etc

So yeah, that could be it.

Understandable, I guess wanting to raise a child in your own unique way is a good reason.

Sounds like you'd want to try to raise her to be a tomboy.

Of course, they may decide to go totally against all of that, so who knows.

Maybe there will be more gamer girls in the future, who knows :P.

Interesting reasons regardless :).

• 1 year later...

I only want 1 kid. Maybe 2. Idk.

I want a girl, and if I had 2 I'd want another girl.

I've never had boy names pop into my head, and honestly little boys give me a migraine. I have 2 little brothers, sometimes their boyish ways drive me insane. Plus I've never been fond of the idea of having a son. But I've always wanted a daughter.

Watch life be cruel and hand me a son instead of a daughter. I think I'd cry tears of depression if that happened.

Edited by Cupcakes14

People have been necro-posting lately :comeatus:.

I guess a boy first, then a girl if one was able to choose. I feel like my reasoning behind this would erm....well nevermind :wacko:. I'll just say either or would be fine :P.