Has Being a Brony Changed Your Life? How?

jacibobsthebrony

203 users have voted

1. 1. Has becoming a Brony changed your life?

• Yes
    • No

Ponies have made me more mellow and fap more.

There's a huge difference, I feel just... happier. Seriously. My phone background is Spitfire, everytime I see it, it makes me so happy c:

... Is this bad? xD

• Brohoof 5

Well, sometimes I work my favorite catchphrases into conversation: Eeyup, 20%. etc. Also I have a new favorite color. Wait, is rainbow a color? And ever since I discovered them, everything in my life just seems, brighter and happier.

• Brohoof 1

Things just got 20% cooler.

I suppose it really reinforced my opinion about not judging things by their first appearance. I understood that before, but I was seriously caught off guard by how good the show actually was. The show itself didn't really affect me, but I do notice that it did lower my pessimism levels by quite a bit.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 3

They helped me convince myself that I should change my major from Materials Engineering to Graphic Design. My dream has always been to be a cartoonist.

Edited by Circadian Rhythms
  • Brohoof 3

Laxnggg.gif

The show made me a more optimistic person, gave me something I enjoyed, but at the same time is causing my friends to look at me differently. I'm working on showing them the show, any advice?

It is hard to try to get someone to like something. Sometime it takes time. But I think if it is meant to be then it is. The best thing I could say to do is to try and ease them into it slowly. I have changed a couple people into bronies but that is because they wanted to accept it.
  • Brohoof 1

i just like all the plot devices in the show

lol jk

it's made me much more optimistic about being who i want to be and making changes in my life

Edited by slickster083

Yes...

Yes it has.

Well, really this fandom has changed me. And since the show created this fandom you can say ponies has changed me. And changed me for the better at that.

Thanks to this fandom i have experienced many awesome things, met many awesome people, seen many awesome things, and well, had an awesome time. :)

This whole experience has changed me for the good. I have learned a lot ever since joining this fandom. Discovered many things. Mainly about myself. All the things I've experienced definatly changed me. I certainly aint the same guy i was over a year ago. And i aint gonna list anythin', its late and thats just gonna take up time. Theres just so much. So i'm just gonna say this:

If it wern't for this show and this fandom, i wouldn't have had such oustanding experiences that i am grateful for and be the man i am today.

• Brohoof 2

IT CHANGED EVERYTHING!!! NOW IM MORE HAPPIER THEN EVER! SMILE!!! I would say more but dont have time to more to it. Now I will say more random stuff. Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey!! Ok Since it also Had Doctor whooves background pony I got into it more. It got me closer to my friends too. It has that change of life everytime I watch each episode. So yeah keep on watching.

• Brohoof 3

Doctorwhosig.jpg

Sometimes there are things that get me down. They can be hard to deal with, but I try not to worry too much about the thing I cannot change. So I just accept them.....Hehe Well I Figure if I can't beat them I'll laugh it off.

PSN: VChronosV23 Tumblr: http://viewtifulchronos.tumblr.com/

Steam name: Doctor D. Whoof

Discovering the show has changed SOO much about me. :o

It taught me to 'love and tolerate', and not to mention changing my perspective on how I should view thing.

Me getting into the show also makes me more happy than I was before being a brony.

So the point is i'm glad i became a brony. It changed my life for the good. :)

• Brohoof 2

Add Me on Steam if you want. [NLR] Octavia™

cmxKh.gif

It has definately given me more of an open mind, and I'm more willing to try new things. It also prooved to me that I can't judge a book by its cover.

• Brohoof 2

My OC

Stay pony my friends

"And ALWAYS remember...to never forget." - Someone who I'm sure has said this before I did

My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic has taught me that I should always appreciate who cares for me. They have taught me to hold on to that little bit of innocnce I still have in my heart. They have taught me to be silly and have fun with life, but also, when things get rough, to never give up. :) I always strive to be the best me I can be, and the ponies sort of help push me along. HOORAY! *brohoof*

• Brohoof 3

I love love love Pinkie Pie! But every pony rules! :)

I have been bullied since I can remember, on the weekends, or when I come home from school, I log onto my computer and open YouTube, and search My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I usually just click on the episode I watched after the one I watched last and it takes away that sadness for that short half an hour.

• Brohoof 1

img-2242958-1-CvYBYrX.png

Credit to Lunia :)

I have been bullied since I can remember, on the weekends, or when I come home from school, I log onto my computer and open YouTube, and search My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I usually just click on the episode I watched after the one I watched last and it takes away that sadness for that short half an hour.

Have you told anypony? also are they bullying you about the show, if you have any brony friends you should stick together. But please don't hide this away from others, help comes for those who ask.

Edited by featherheart

featherv.png

Have you told anypony? also are they bullying you about the show, if you have any brony friends you should stick together. But please don't hide this away from others, help comes for those who ask.

No, it's just bullying in general, I've just never really fitted in to be honest, I've just never known how to make friends, and when I try, I feel awkward because I just don't know where to begin, and where I have made friends, they didn't treat me like they would treat everyone else in that circle.
  • Brohoof 1

No, it's just bullying in general, I've just never really fitted in to be honest, I've just never known how to make friends, and when I try, I feel awkward because I just don't know where to begin, and where I have made friends, they didn't treat me like they would treat everyone else in that circle.

I can relate to that... but I never really care too much, I'm untouched by bullies. its just sometimes you might have to lose friends to make better ones. you have a whole community here who are willing to support you, even me. I never had to stick my neck out and say something, maybe that's where you should start, be more bold and outgoing. oh...um... I mean... if that's ok... with you.

featherv.png

I can relate to that... but I never really care too much, I'm untouched by bullies. its just sometimes you might have to lose friends to make better ones. you have a whole community here who are willing to support you, even me. I never had to stick my neck out and say something, maybe that's where you should start, be more bold and outgoing. oh...um... I mean... if that's ok... with you.

Thanks, I have tried that in the past, It hasn't been as bad as other years this year, mainly because everyone is settling down and they don't care about drama and popularity so much. Which has been a pretty nice change.

Thanks, I have tried that in the past, It hasn't been as bad as other years this year, mainly because everyone is settling down and they don't care about drama and popularity so much. Which has been a pretty nice change.

your just trying to find the real you right now, right?

we all go through that, it's just one of the stages of life. you will get a little emotional though. just keep your chin up and never look back.

featherv.png

your just trying to find the real you right now, right?

we all go through that, it's just one of the stages of life. you will get a little emotional though. just keep your chin up and never look back.

Yeah, I'm just awkwardly there right now, after roughly three and a half years of secondary school, I'm finally starting to know who my friends are. I was in a massive drama last year and because of that, I've told myself to not get too dragged into drama, to not take sides or anything of the sort. And it's actually working quite well.

Yeah, I'm just awkwardly there right now, after roughly three and a half years of secondary school, I'm finally starting to know who my friends are. I was in a massive drama last year and because of that, I've told myself to not get too dragged into drama, to not take sides or anything of the sort. And it's actually working quite well.

Ah, you like to keep to yourself and know your surroundings. Very smart way of dealing with life, and something that will help you later on. I have a none caring attitude to life, what ever it throws at me is easily brushed off, not saying that I'm not caring at all (I mean look at what I'm doing here) I like to help others but be modest and uncaring when it comes to being given credit for my deeds.

featherv.png

Ah, you like to keep to yourself and know your surroundings. Very smart way of dealing with life, and something that will help you later on. I have a none caring attitude to life, what ever it throws at me is easily brushed off, not saying that I'm not caring at all (I mean look at what I'm doing here) I like to help others but be modest and uncaring when it comes to being given credit for my deeds.

I don't like being in the centre of attention at all, to be honest, I quite like avoiding it, to be quite frank, but when I'm given credit, I do take it.

The show has generally helped me try and stay calmer towards problems in my life, as I get angry easily, and has helped me to try and not worry so much. It's still a work in progress, mostly on my part, but it is helping. It also generally makes me happy to think about the show during the day, or just think of some of the best moments and they usually cheer me right up.

It's also helping me be more tolerant of other people and their opinions. Horrible to say, as I should have been already, but I am trying to respect peoples choices more now, even if I disagree with them.

Edited by Triffidicus
  • Brohoof 1

I don't like being in the centre of attention at all, to be honest, I quite like avoiding it, to be quite frank, but when I'm given credit, I do take it.

I don't like to be quiet, I just have to. When ever I open my mouth it's ether to help someone or make fun of them. (but its all good, my friends know I'm a bit of a joker)

featherv.png