Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How secretive are you about being a brony/pegasister and why?

Anonymous~

How seacretive are you about you being a brony/pegasister?  

250 users have voted

1. 1. Who knows that you are a brony?

• Everyone that I met atleast once know that I'm a brony. (Everyone, even a five year old girl named Sheril)
    • A lot of people, but only those who I trust. (school/work mates, family, friends.)
    • Only my family members and/or close friends.
    • A small circle of people that include both bronies and non-bronies. ( 8-12 people)
    • A small circle of people that include only bronies. ( 5-12 people)
    • Only few people that I love/trust. ( 2-5 people )
    • I keep it a secret from everyone. (0 people)
    • What's a bronei...broni... how do you even spell this word?
  2. 2. Would you like that more people would know that you're a brony/pegasister?

• Yes, I would love that more people knew.
    • Yes, but only a couple of people.
    • I like it as it is.
    • No, a couple of people shouldn't know about it.
    • No, I would like that few people knew about it.
    • None of the above. I would like both. I would like that some wouldn't know about it and some would know that I'm a brony.

None of my family know and it should hopefully stay that way, they'll probably try to send me into therapy again xD

School on the otherhand? Relatively open about it to the internet savvy. As for the non-internet savvy? Well, they never really ask. I still find myself humming Winter Wrap Up on a regular basis.

Hm... Interesting results we are having here. I was sure atleast 2 or 3 people would vote for "A small circle of people that include only bronies. ( 5-12 people)".

Looks like the fandom is really friendly, considering they don't hate the non-bronies and would just love to share that they are bronies/pegasisters with others.

Only 35 out of 700+ members voted? I'm K with this. :P

I'd like to tell more people, but I'm pretty sure most of my friends wouldn't understand. They're the sort that would find it far more entertaining to rip on me for the rest of my life (lovingly, of course) than actually take it seriously. I know some might even enjoy it, but I think I'd have to be decently drunk before I'd even breach the subject with them. Even the people I thought would be into it have given me mixed results. It's not a problem, though. To each his own, they say.

It's not like I'm ashamed, it's just... it feels like somepony new to ponies would have to experience as much of the show and fandom as we have to understand where I'm coming from, like why Trollestia is hilarious, Pinkamena is terrifying, and Rarity is sexy not a snob.

• Brohoof 1

I am open about liking the show but not about the fanbase. I also don't share the show.

It's kinda selfish but I'm uninterested in hearing somebody's criticism of it in real life. I've had some enjoyments of mine ruined simply because people wouldn't stop talking bad about what I liked. Now I don't share.

My family knows... though I'd prefer them not to. (I don't like my family)

As for friends, in my small town of Milton no body really knows about Bronies aside from me, two friends that troll follow my tumblr and troll me about it, and one friend who saw me defend Bronies on a Facebook post and thought I was awesome for being a Brony.

I had a plan to storm the halls of my school in my Brony T-Shirt for all to see and not give a fuck about their trolling, introducing Love and Tolerance to Milton, but I've got too much shit going on at the moment to even think about making such a move on the public. Plus I'll have to explain my shirt about 100 times each day I wear it!

I'd prefer if more people knew, but only those with an open mind about such topics. I'll bring it up eventually to my small "lunch table" groups here eventually. I'd like to openly wear Brony Swag without a swarm of trolls. Strange though that selfishly I wouldn't want other people to convert on me. I'd like to be THE Brony of the group. An individual that everyone accepts. I would not like to be the local Brony ambassador or a Brony leader of any type! I work better alone!

• Brohoof 1

For me, only a few close friends know, and my brother. I'm certain that there are many bronies in my school, since there was an article on my school magazine about MLP getting popular in highschool. Sadly, I have no idea who are bronies and who aren't. :blush: The opportunity for me to meet other bronies is in my own school, but I'm not outgoing enough to go figure out who watches MLP, and who doesn't. :(

• Brohoof 1

Hmm it seems one of my best friends who was visiting from out of state was spying on me while I was on my laptop today. He saw me post here... HE KNOWS!

He's usually a very understanding guy so I set him straight. He really didn't have a reaction though he may have called it weird...

I'll just chalk that up yet another neutral reaction!

Besides he's going back home which is hours away so it's not like he could tell everybody in my neighborhood to troll me or something! (totally out of his character) So I guess no worries.

I've given up being secretive about it! Honestly, I'm proud to be one! Bronies are almost 20% cooler than most other people, and those that accept them are pretty close to them too! Unfortunately, I've had plenty of negative responses to being a Brony, even from my best friends! I wonder if they're going to give it a try, but right now, they don't have a clue how to react... annoying that I'm the only Brony I know IRL...

• Brohoof 1

I'm not exactly knocking on doors on Saturday morning saying, "My name is Crispy and I'd like to talk to you about Bronyism.", but people know. My computer, phone, Facebook and Tumblr are pretty ponified, and I've shown a lot of people the remixes. Converted some, got weird looks from others. *shrug*

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty secretive about it to my family and a lot of people around me. Similarly to the Lithuania situation there isn't a lot of incentive to bring this up as it would cause too much backlash instead of a healthy "I understand". Especially in my family. While my at home desktop backgrounds are kinda ponyfied, it's not visible to my brother or father at all times. Simply because they can't understand. There is other stuff I am more open about because it's natural to the more geekier subculture. Like playing Magic and watching Doctor Who. Ponies is too difficult I believe.

• Brohoof 1

Still having a bit of my old self with me, I don't hide anything at all about ponies. I constantly wear or bring anything pony-like to school, and in truth, all of my friends do think I'm going insane and offered to pay for me to go to therapy (I don't think it was a joke, either); they are however accepting of it. :)

But on the downside, I do get swarmed by trolls every once in a while, and when I do, I tell them off; if it continues, I warn them one time not to mess with me, and if they relentlessly pester me, I fuck them up pretty badly (not just the ringleader). Love and tolerance is too much to ask for in a school next to 4 ghettos. :angry:

Having the power in an arm or a leg to get someone on the ground within seconds helps in this department. ;)

• Brohoof 1

No. Never. NEVER. NO ONE SHALL KNOW. :ph34r: Exept my best friends who i can trust. Why? 1: Dad'll be a little freaked out, but hell accept it, but my mum on the other hand...whole nother story. *shudders* Shed make my life over if she found out. My little bro, will just taunt me for it...and anyone else will do the same and avoid me... :(

The wierd thing is, the only way i can aquire more brony, is by converting. And trust me, its hard. but i might be able to convert my bro...hold on amma see how he reacts to this...

. i think it might turn him :lol:
  • Brohoof 1

it's a secret of mine. Not because its My Little Pony,its just a general embarrassment of still liking cartoons. :blush:

...Wat. How old are you? I'm 24 and I love me some cartoons.

People ask why I have RDs cutie mark on my Trans am (right behind the fuel cap), I tell them it makes it about 20% cooler. Most just think its a GSA banner >.> but I love it when people get it and talk about the show at the lights

I haven't really told anyone as far as family or friends in real life to avoid ridicule and awkwardness, and have a feeling that the efforts of explaining things wouldn't be worth the results. Overall I don't believe my group of friends would understand the whole situation or be very accepting, since the show kinda contrasts with my personality. I do however mention random MLP quotes or references to the show with them having no idea what I’m talking about (for da lulz) and showed them derpy as a random meme without expressing emphasis on the show :P It would be nice to think that people shouldn’t be judged based upon liking a show that demonstrates the use friendship as a means to become more accepting... Oh the irony. Although it’d be cool to tell my friends IRL about it, the great online fanbase has helped me find a bunch of new people who that share the same interests in MLP.
  • Brohoof 1

freckle it is the same in america people hear you're a brony and they think that it is the same as worshipping the devil or something (as demonstrated by my friend tim this morning at around 7:05 a.m. but only two people know and i am giving my other friends little hints such as telling them about cupcakes and how it was fetured in the youtube series fucked-up fanfics

d i s c r i b i n g i t w i t h d e t a i l

but it just isn't the right time for me to tell them

i will slowly give them more and more hints and this leads to what happened during lunch today around noon i told my best friend that i am a brony if they make fun of me i am going to get them to read cupcakes then they shouldn't mess with me again my first victim will hopefully be his younger brother who is 10 years old still in 2nd grade my best friend is a sophomore his brother is pitiful but because he is bigger than other kids in his grade he is a complete jack-ass (appropriate sense we are talking about ponies) to be continued

• Brohoof 1

I had to pick the small group of people because I usually don't talk to people I don't know well about anything. If someone asks, I'll tell and I have a bumper sticker with ponies on it so I guess that's like telling everyone...

I guess I'm very open about it but only if you start the conversation first. I'm not going to run around and yell about it because that's not in my personality.

People that call others "Ponyfags" will end up being the last ones to join the sensation, but they will. Also, I am VERY open about being a brony now. I started a school club for bronies.

That's an awesome thing to do :) I think it takes some guts but getting to know others like yourself and helping them to find people to connect with would be worth it. Nothing is worth more than good friends... Ooooooh SNAP!!! I think I just freaking learned something from Friendship is Magic!!!!!! Argh!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Edited by StarGazer

sorry about that my browser suckes

so as i was saying

if you just try what i am you will definity at the least get people to shut-up this is working so far for me and i intend to continue this plan for a long time some of my friends i may not tell until we are 21 and they are partially drunk others i am just waiting for the right moment witch could be tomorrow could be 3 years from now but the first step is the hardest at everything this is now exception i am a student at hartland high school witch is really close to detroit bronies have never walked the halls their before the class of 2015 i have always been hated because i am different my autism spectrum disorder specificly ausburgurs a disability that makes me a jack of all trades but makes me mature at a different rate is what sets me aside from everyone else and i have developed a hatred of most people that part of me didn't change but the fact that i am teased for something completely stupid is something i now share with hundreds if not thousands ofyou

• 2 weeks later...

For now it's in the: "Not even if you pay me." Way of not telling. Only people besides the gals and guys in my doll group know is my moderator pals on my Trauma Center RP and they're down with it for one sole reason: "It's cool since I watch Hamtaro."

I was worried about her reaction but she's awesome like that.

The people I'm gonna be afraid of telling are my BFF as she tends to forget some things we scream some we whisper. My mom and dad as they just got semi-converted AKA accepting of my doll collecting (just bought a Pullip my mom said he was adorable and posed my Len with a teddy) so...Not sure of their reactions.

The people whom shall never know: My judgemental extended family who thought I was a freak for going out in public dressed as a anime character.

Until my B-day where I may purchese anything Ponies from Hot Topic I shall follow the Zombieland code of conduct for this. Law low, when it doubt know your way out (AKA have DeviantART or FF.net on another tab) and never talk about it.

Living with Alopecia Areata I got mocked enough because of the fact I was a girl, bald, and short.

I think I'm pretty secretive about it, I have only told my best friend and this other girl I've known for a while and recently started dating, and I only told her because she found my desktop ponies program. I only watch MLP:Fim when no one is home as I still live with my parents. My mom is home right now and at the slightiest noise I tab back to WoW, so she wont find out. I'm also very secretive because people around this area are VERY closed minded, as in, in high school i only had a couple friends because of choice dress style, music and religious beliefs. :(

I'm super secretive about it in real life, I don't wanna have to run into issues with peaple doing stuff to me becuse I like ponies, so I keep this prized intrest of mine a secret.........Whereas online, I make mahself noted as one becomes often the peaple I meet online becomes a friend

About 10 people know I am a brony. A lot more people would know but when I walk around wearing my RD hoodie only people how watch the show know what it is

Almost everyone on the internet knows i am a brony, a simple google search reveals that. My best friend IRL knows i am a brony, he is too (because of me). There is one other person IRL who goes to my school who knows i am a brony (he is kinda a hater). I am pretty sure 99.999% of my school would not approve of bronies.