Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony or ponies do you think need more character development?

PonyPowaX1000

In my opinion I think Rainbowdash, Applejack and Fluttershy need more backstory.

But I Do like the mane 6 personalties and I can relate to them but for some reason I can't relate to Applejack. :blush:

Pinkie Pie can act bit too crazy to the point where it's unreal and annoying.Anyway Pinkie's still one of my favourites.

I would really like to see more about AJ.

That aside I do like all of the mane 6. :lol::):wub:

What's your opinion?

• Brohoof 2

I think Cadence and Shining Armour need some more developing, I think The Mane 6 have gotten enough Character development for now.

I would really like to see Spike getting more developed as well.

• Brohoof 1

As far as Mane 6 goes, yeah AJ needs some love. For others, I think we need a history of Equestria episode that highlights Celestia and Luna before the the whole Nightmare Moon thing, likely when they took on Discord.

We also need to travel around a bit more than just Ponyville or Canterlot. We saw Appleloosa and Dodge Junction which were cool Western-themed towns. We only got a glimpse of Manehattan, so I wouldn't object to another visit there. Baltimare and Las Pegasus have so far been left unexplored.

• Brohoof 1

Obviously Scootaloo is one of least developed main characters so far (The other CMC's have each had 2 or so episodes focussing on them).

Out of the mane 6 it would be Applejack. She may have had an episode or two with her as the central character, but they didn't really expand her as a character. We just got more of her being the same.

• Brohoof 3

well i think they have all had the same amount of time to be put into there character development even applejack, however i rely wish that they would stop half assing Rainbowdash because they keep doing the same thing over and over, make her arrogant and shallow in attempted to redeem her they did this for 3 episodes and it has made it even worse though out season 2 she went from my second favorite pony to my least favorite of the mane six.

• Brohoof 1

Scootaloo big time, we don't know her backstory, her family, nor did she even get one episode. Now out of the mane 6, I would have to say Applejack, because she just did basically the same thing in all her episodes.

Scootaloo for sure. Also, it would be nice to see Rarity's back story, because really, she's got nothing going on for her but her love for fashion and lack of generosity, so it'd be nice to maybe see her as a filly, possibly to understand her better, and be able to appreciate her a little more than most people do now. She seems to be rather unpopular.

Mane 6: Applejack, and Dash needs more back story, but not much else imo.

Everyone else: Shinging Armor. You cannot suddenly give the main protagonist a brother in the last pair of episodes of the season and not develop him more in the future. He better have a lot more show time and back story/development both with Twi, Cadence, and some of the other main ponies.

Scootaloo, for sure.

The reason why so many people don't like her, is because she has no real personality, nothing that attracts people to her. I really hope they develop her more in Season 3, she has a lot of potential.

• Brohoof 1

Princess Cadence, Princess Celestia, Scootaloo, and Fluttershy.

Princess Cadence, as of now, seems like a Mary Sue to me. She needs another episode where she develops a bit, and I'm sure she'll get one. Princess Celestia is sort of the same way, she doesn't seem to have any flaws, she's just the all-knowing, all-powerful ruler of Equestria. Scootaloo is in dire need of an episode. With Fluttershy, after all of her episodes she just goes right back to square one in terms of development, not knowing how to stand up in herself and believe in herself even though it seemed like she learned how to for a moment.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy-she has come a long way but she seems to be stuck at shy mode even after she supposedly fixes it in various episodes.

Applejack needs more depth. She really has no flaws except too hardworking and stubborn whereas the other mane 6 chracters have several flaws.

Scootaloo NEEDS a backstory. Period.

With season 3 confirmed to have Trixie (possibly a mane antagonist) so she needs more backstory and development.

• Brohoof 1

As it was already said, Applejack and Scootaloo without a doubt.

But I personally think some of the Background characters should get some love as well. I don't know how the creators would consider the thinking, but it would be very nice to see an episode focused on Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, Derpy, Screw Loose and many others. It should come up with a great backstory for the show, and give the Mane 6 a little break for a while.

Applejack, definately, she has virtually no depth whatsoever, and judging by the fact that she has approximately 2 episodes staring her, I assume the writers just don't have much interest in her. Give her more depth and develop her character more. Also, Fluttershy needs to deviate more from the cliche' Shy Girl trope, most of her episodes involve her overcoming a fear or insecurity, which is very predictable. Ya....and Scootaloo, for reasons already said in this thread.

Scootaloo for sure. Also, it would be nice to see Rarity's back story, because really, she's got nothing going on for her but her love for fashion and lack of generosity, so it'd be nice to maybe see her as a filly, possibly to understand her better, and be able to appreciate her a little more than most people do now. She seems to be rather unpopular.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/16162-psychological-analyses-entry-three-rarity/

Edited by Mr. Jaguar

I would like to see more about Pinkie Pie. It explains how she became happy and cheery, but I would like to see the history of her after she got her cutie mark, or after she moved to Ponyville. That would be something I would enjoy watching :D

I don't see why people are complaining that Applejack needs more character development. While she may be the least developed out of the Mane 6, she is one of the most developed characters in the whole series. I'd rather see a little more focus on the minor characters in the series then see Applejack get more character development that she doesn't really need. MLP FiM has tons of minor characters that they can do more things with. I'd like to see tons of focus on the Mane 6 as a group more, and see their friendship evolve. If anything of the Mane 6, the 6 as a group need more development together. Recent episodes have been focusing more on one pony, and while this is great, and these make for some of my favorite episodes, I'd like to see the group develop as a whole more. I hope they can retain giving the ponies solo episodes, but I'd like to see more focus on the group as a whole, and a little more focus on minor characters like Scootaloo.

I'd like to see more Zecora have some more development. I mean, for being one of the most unique characters on the show (being a zebra and all) not much is known about her. Sure, she's had a few appearances, but they've all kinda done the same thing with her: Wise zebra who makes medicine. There's just so much untapped potential there. They could explain where zebras come from, and why Zecora is the only one close to Ponyville. Maybe in season 3. :(

Other than that, I'm going to have to say what others are, and say Scootaloo. While other main characters get their spotlight, Scootaloo's really only had a few moments, never an episode to herself. That should change, though I don't think she needs one of those grimdark parents-are-dead stories.

Yeah, Scootaloo for sure. I also feel she is the least developed of the CMCs. She's cool, she deserves an episode. She can fill us in on how she first got her scooter. OR maybe her family will be introduced, because it makes me kind of sad thinking she might be in Ponyville alone! :(

As much as I love Pinkie, I think she needs a bit more light on her character and personality. The show mainly puts here freaking out or being hyper. And poor Fluttershy....she barely talks or walks. :P

And yes, oh yes....Scootaloo! We need an episode on her! Possibly getting training from Rainbow Dash, or something. And possibly Derpy Hooves too. There's a lot of ponies who need some stardom.

Hopefully in season 3 there will be more of these things being true. Not only will it help out the dhow, but it'll help out the fans too. :3

If we are doing background specifically -- I would have to say Zecora. She is about the only character for whom extra background would be better than more foreground.

As for the mane 6 I would rather see growth opportunities and foreground. I mean twilights magic has definitely been getting stronger. Rainbow dash can now do sonic rainbooms on demand, even in an upward direction. Rarity has learned some important lessons. Fluttershy is actually coming more out of her shell.

That said -- Applejack needs something to really shake her up. A good story would be one that gave her wings even if it was temporary or a sometimes thing. That would be something that would have the ability to massively allow her to grow as a character. As for fluttershy I actually think she has the potential to do more magic than she does. And yes she does -- that eye control thing over animals is the most unicorny thing we have seen a pegasus do. I think her focus is actually her eyes as opposed to a horn and I could see her being able to do something like calm anyone -- or cadences power or something similar.

Rainbow Dash could use some kind of challenge -- I mean presently she can out-do the thunderbolts. This is why I can never really see her joining their ranks -- or if she did she would end up disappointed. What would be funny would be if she made her own team that was far more impressive than them -- the problem would be finding other pegasi who could keep up with her.

At any rate we have been seeing a general power up in the ponies -- we need something that requires them to use it.