Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(sensitive discussion) how to deal with divorced/separated parents?

catfusious

I know exactly how you feel. My parents split up when I was 15, so I know what you must be going through. It hurts at first, and I won't lie to you; It will take a long time to adjust. However, you just have to realize that life simply goes on.

You and your sister will be much better off with split parents than with two parents who fight all the time.

And I'm pretty sure your parents will be happier too.

If you want to message me i'll be willing to provide advise, or I could just be an ear for you to vent to. Either way, I know what it's like and I'm here for you.

• Brohoof 1

Well, my parents are divorced, too, so I think I can help you a bit here.

Try to talk to both of them regularly. Often, if the custody's strange, you won't get to see one parent as much. If there's anyway you and your father can talk, well, talk. It'd be awful to become estranged from your parents.

Also, try to remember that it's not you or your sister's fault. You shouldn't beat yourself up about it, because there's probably nothing much you could have done to stop it, anyway. Try to be cheerful with your sister and all. It's not good to be down about something. Don't look at this like it's seperating your parents from you.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know what your home life was like while your parents were together, but divorce may seem hard at first but in the end it is always the best. When my parents split, I knew it was for the best, because they had a toxic relationship together. They were always fighting, and the cops probably frequented my home a couple times a week. One of them was always getting dragged off to jail for the night. You have to realize that it can be very hard to stay together for the kids, and it can end up damaging your sister and you more than any divorce ever could. I know it's hard, but you need to respect your parents decision and realize it will be for the better in the end. My parents came into my room when I was 13 and had said

"We're splitting up."

Before they could even get another word out I had told them

"Fucking good, you two should have never been together in the first place."

They had a everything went better than expected moment and left my bedroom. Now I realize that your situation may not have been like mine, but they have reasons they want to get divorced, and you may not need to know why until you're older. Your parents may have done an amazing job at keeping their issues to themselves, and all the power to them for doing so, but that probably wouldn't have lasted for much longer. Just keep your head up and know it will be better in the end.

• Brohoof 2

take some time for you and your sister to bond and have fun, do your best to forget about your parents for a while.

It will never be normal like the happy picture that others claim to have, but after a while, it will seem normal.

It isn't you or your sister's fault. Adults are idiots. It gets better eventually. Until then ponies

My parents divorced when i was 13 and i dont have any siblings. It helped me to talk to my mom about it. You have to get your feelings out. When you talk about it make sure you express how the divorce really makes you feel. I went through it. My dad i havent seen him for a long time but he never made an effort to come see me. Im grown now and he still wont talk to me. My advice to you is just to talk to your mom and not bottle up any emotions because thats unhealthy.

okay so my mom just kicked my dad out 2 days ago. My little sister and I are having a hard time dealing with it. i need some advice to cope with the pain. please help me. :blush:

I hate to be too blunt, but if they can't be civil together then they need to split. My parents for about 9 months up until they decided to divorce (actual divorce was couple months later) we fighting constantly. I never wanted to be in the house because the stress level was way to high. But after they decided that it was over, everything was ok. Yes it is sad to see them split up, but they were tearing each other a part. My brother and I have coped with it miraculously, and my parents get along swimmingly for the sake of my bro.

Thats the advice I can give you.

I know how you feel. My parents split when I was only seven. But trust me, if your parents were fighting a lot, oh my god it's so much better. I'm sure that soon there will be a thing arranged where you will be able to see your father and everything will be just fine. I'm sure there was a good reason for your mother to do what she did.

It will be a lot better from now on. I hope things go smoothly for you, and don't fret about your parents. Things will get so much better after this blows over.