Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Derpy Episode? Fact or Myth

Jay

I really don't see it happening.

Too much controversy. Just in the fandom alone.

I liked the Derpy name. I liked her eyes. I personally didn't like her original voice.

But I would've loved an episode with Derpy as the main character, I think she had a lot of potential since at her core, she's just aclumsy pony. I would've watched an episode about a pony who can't do anything right, but I don't see it happening now unfortunately.

I think it's false. I hope it's false.

The reason why I think it's false is simply because I haven't seen any proof.

I really don't think they're gonna have a full episode about Derpy, especially after The Last Roundup incident. But hey, what do I know? I mean, Rarity IS supposed to have a duet with Octavia.

highly doubtful, but there can be....exceptions...in a way.

I saw some MLP short animatons on youtube that look almost identical to the art style of FIM. the fighting is magic voice actors sound pretty good as well. So, if derpy is supposed to be the bronies mascot, then why not make the episode ourselves? we have what we need. we just need the encouragement to do so.

• Brohoof 1

You can't trust everything you here online. Especially not when it's just a Youtube comment and not from a reliable source. In other words I wouldn't trust the Youtube comment. For all you know it was just some pony messin with you. I just don't see an all Derpy episode happening. Too much conflict behind it. I would love to see a Scootaloo episode though. Oh, and I hope no Music enthusiasts get offended when/if Octavia and Vinyl Scratch get their episodes. ;)

I want to believe it, but I can't. My fellow brony told me that it was definitely a myth because even though it is mostly us watching this, that is not promotional material for little children. Hasbro already went out on a limb with the derpy eyed doll. And if they can't even legally say derpy's name, they will not make a whole episode for her

Derpy is one overrated pony. Seriously. If Hasbro didn't overlook one animation mistake, no one would have noticed her. She's overrated for the most idiotic of reasons. That being said, I highly doubt there will be a Derpy episode after the Last Roundup controversy. Just my opinion. Don't kill me!

Hasbro COULD bring Derpy back, but they aren't looking at the ways they could.

I know the perfect way they'd put her back without getting busted again, but I doubt they would ever think about it. Even if it's perfect.

I hope they never add an un-derped episode. If I am gonna listen to the new, terrible voice, not even gonna have sound on.

Edited by Suskel
  • Brohoof 1

well i hope it s a myth and that it never happer to derpy or any of the background characters because if it doe it mean only one thing

MLP is now being catered to bronie's and if this happens it will all go down hill because it will lose all of its charm and when we look back and wonder when it all went wrong we can go "oh yeah... f :( king bronies "

I don't think Derpy will have an episode. Hub don't want the bullshit storm again.

I really don't get what's.wrong with her voice. It looks normal to me. Actually, it is perfect for her.

Which voice? Old or new?

I think the new voice was absolutely terrible. It sounds like a.... well, I just felt it killed her as a character.

• Brohoof 1

Which voice? Old or new?

I think the new voice was absolutely terrible. It sounds like a.... well, I just felt it killed her as a character.

The old one, of course. The new one is awful. Each character have a characteristic voice, and the old one is just perfect for her.
  • Brohoof 1

13 episodes. 6 main characters + CMC + Celestia & Luna.

To be honest, I can't see where they would put in a WHOLE episode about a BG-character that basically no one in the targeted audience knows about. Sure, fanservice is cool and all, but a whole episode? There is simply not enough room.

well i hope it s a myth and that it never happer to derpy or any of the background characters because if it doe it mean only one thing

MLP is now being catered to bronie's and if this happens it will all go down hill because it will lose all of its charm and when we look back and wonder when it all went wrong we can go "oh yeah... f :( king bronies "

I havent seen a single "catering to bronies" ever. Im sorry I just havent seen it. There have been the occasional nods toward adult references, and a few things that a younger audience wouldn't pick up on, such as the copy of the star wars ending, but this is not catering. This is recognizing demographic. It is something that is going to continue to happen and it most likely will not change the show style (have you seen the Season 2 finale? :lol:)

I havent seen a single "catering to bronies" ever. Im sorry I just havent seen it. There have been the occasional nods toward adult references, and a few things that a younger audience wouldn't pick up on, such as the copy of the star wars ending, but this is not catering. This is recognizing demographic. It is something that is going to continue to happen and it most likely will not change the show style (have you seen the Season 2 finale? :lol:)

yes at the moment they have a good mix still remaining a kids show while tipping the hat off to older fans, but if they were to make an episode for Ditzy do or any of the other background ponies that are not well know to the younger audience because there bronie ponies also i dont what Ditzy Do to be canon because Derpy will be gone

.... im gone ignore you last part >_>

• Brohoof 1

yes at the moment they have a good mix still remaining a kids show while tipping the hat off to older fans, but if they were to make an episode for Ditzy do or any of the other background ponies that are not well known to the younger audience because there brony ponies. also i dont what Ditzy Do to be canon because Derpy will be gone

.... im gone ignore you last part >_>

See now I understand your stance a bit better. I too would feel a certain level of disappointment if they Said they'd make a Derpy Episode and we got Ditzy Do.

As for the last part, go ahead and ignore my poking fun

See now I understand your stance a bit better. I too would feel a certain level of disappointment if they Said they'd make a Derpy Episode and we got Ditzy Do.

As for the last part, go ahead and ignore my poking fun

well my stance is that if they did an episode for any of the background ponies it would be bad for two reasons.

1. that would be catering the episode to bronies rather then the main audience when rely bronies should matter that much to make a move like that.

2. if they were to do that it would be there interpretation of the character which could be the oposite of what bronie thing the character should be like and then we will rage at the MLP team when you only have yourselves to blame

now im gona use Suited for sucess as reference if the MLP was to take our ideas into consideration over there own it would suck plain and simple, the product we all ready have is good they shouldn't have to listen to us and placate our needs.

also we don't need them to make the episode because there are Bonies who are good animators who could do a better job

• Brohoof 1

I'd love an episode with derpy, shes popular among the fans so I'm sure it would be good.

But after the incident they had with the last roundup episode, I really doubt they'd give her an episode, and if they did it wouldn't be the same.

I think she may stay a background charactor from now on. Rumors aren't the most reliable anyways even if I've heard alot of them. guess we gotta wait and see.

I'd love one and its possible I suppose, I just see it kinda being unlikely.

Derpy won't return, at least from what I think.

When they did her episode in season 2, they did it for the fans. Plus, she's already been given a new name (Ditsy Do) and a new voice, so I highly doubt she be returning.