Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Monster in the closet

AppleTreeBrony

What was in your closet when you were Little?  

48 users have voted

1. 1. What was in your closet when you were little?

• The Boogeyman
    • A Ghost
    • Stereotypical Monster
    • The Grimreaper
    • Slenderman
    • A floating face (Spongebob Refrence)

I posted previously in a supernatural thread about a somewhat recent "haunting" experience! *cue rotten tomato throwing*

But anyway, here is one that I had when I was younger.

When I was a kid, I was somewhat afraid of an apparition that I thought to be a ghost. My dad used to have a few guys come over to the house to set up the computer when personal computers were a new thing. I remember watching TV one day and then seeing an elderly fellow wearing an old overcoat and flat cap walk past me. I assumed he was there to fix the computer and he didn't say anything to me, so I continued watching TV. I asked my parents passively about the man around supper time, and you guessed it, nobody had visited that day.

So yeah, I was a bit paranoid about this for a while. Of course, this could be a dream or hallucination of a 6-7 year old, but it did creep me out for a couple of weeks. I always thought he hid out in the closet as it is very spacious and dark. I occasionally had nightmares of the curtain door slowly sliding open which was never fun.

Edited by Celtore

I swear my fucking house is still haunted. I always thought there was a ghost in there considering the doors swing open for no reason sometimes. The light in there turns on randomly and clothes fall of their hangars. If there is a ghost or something in there, it's gotta be friendly because it's not like popping out and scaring me :P

I always thought it was a ghost in my closet. Would be terrified. Oh! Then there were my E.T. nightmares. So, not only was I afraid a ghost was inhabiting my closet, but I had a little alien that would terrorize me. Curse you, E.T!

Honestly i'm not really afraid of anything coming out of my closet. If anything I would freak out if I saw Slenderman in my room. Last night I had a nightmare about slenderman and suddenly woke up at 4am. Tried sleeping again and had another nightmare of slenderman and woke up 20 mins after the first one. Third time was the charm cause that dream wasn't so bad cause I was being chased by a giant donut with sprinkles. Don't know why I was running from that in the first place.

Was never really consistent with me. I had always just taken the last creepy thing I remembered seeing or hearing about, and that would be the celebrity guest for 'Who's in Discord's closet' each night.

My closet was always full to the point of everything falling out if you opened it so I was pretty sure nothing was hiding in there. :P

About my bed, I still can't sleep with my leg hanging from the side of the bed.

when i was about 4-8 years old i used to be afraid of this blonde kid that looked terrified and he had stitches around his mouth and i always thought that he would run into my room at night and cry for help.

i had (and still have) a great imagination.

edit: i didnt think he would hurt me or anything but i was terrified of that this would happen

i also thought that a lady with spinning hands would come in and freeze me forever.

Edited by anonymstol

My closet growing up had no door, so I was never afraid of monsters, however, my monster behind my current closet would be a G3.5 pony.

Holy shit! Dude that is disturbing and terrifying beyond any possible scale we could ever imagine as mere human beings.

I am truly sorry for your sanity.

I was never scared of my closet but I hated the space under my bed, when I stood up to go to the bathroom or something I got off the end of the bed where it is one solid piece of wood so the monster under my bed couldn't grab my feet hahahaha.

But when I thought about whatever was under my bed it would probably be a typical monster, but the kind where its scaly and has sharp claws.

I was never scared of my closet but I hated the space under my bed, when I stood up to go to the bathroom or something I got off the end of the bed where it is one solid piece of wood so the monster under my bed couldn't grab my feet hahahaha.

But when I thought about whatever was under my bed it would probably be a typical monster, but the kind where its scaly and has sharp claws.

I think I may have feared an evil pinching scorpion lived under my bed when I was just a very little kid, but in hindsight, wtf was I thinking?
  • Brohoof 1

The only thing I feared in my closet was a tacky sweater I got for Christmas one year. I never did scare easily, even when I was younger. Although, if there was one thing I imagined something would be hiding in, it'd have to be this weird trunk we kept in our basement. It looked a little too....mystical to be just a trunk.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember when I was young, when I first saw a HUGE spider. So going to bed later that night, I had to make sure nothing was in the covers, under the bed, or in the closet. Then in bed and right before falling asleep, I would always check the ceiling to make sure there was no Spider-monsters watching me from above. Had this problem for a few weeks. Good times. :lol:

Edited by Bobthecableman

My monster was just something that was generally evil.

Never had a closet, so my monsters lived under my bed, I got too many bad nightmares out of it so I just removed the legs from the bed. :ph34r: Never had any nightmares after that.

I've always been critical, I never believed. Some people tried to scare me, so then at night I observed and saw nothing and found nothing, drawing the conclusion there was nothing.

Rather than properly organizing my room and trying to keep everything tidy, everything went into my closet. And I just tossed things in there so that they piled up, and should you open the door you would be awash in a deluge of everything I had ever owned up to that point. There was no room in my closet for any evil creatures as a child.

I actually... Imagined just a normal person in my closet, waiting for my parents to go to sleep and then murder me.

And later on, once I had more nightmares, I would be afraid of the beings from my nightmares hiding within my closet.

Some examples:

-A slightly tall shadowy figure with glowing red eyes and long metal claws

-A demonic clown

-A possessed doll

-A couple of generic monsters

-and things I couldn't even describe... They were just masses of flesh and muscle and... Stuff.

When I was little, I used to think that a ghost was in my closet ever since my dad told me a lady died in our house. Scared me a LOT. I also would have nightmares of the suit shirt that hung in front of my closet door moving on it's own. I would just hide under my covers.

The hard part was when I became seriously hot. I would stick out my feet, but then would be afraid to because I thought the ghost would snatch my feet. So I kept them in. Sometimes I still do that. :P

Edited by Pixiesong

I think I may have feared an evil pinching scorpion lived under my bed when I was just a very little kid, but in hindsight, wtf was I thinking?

I had a baker under my bed (please oh please oh please get the reference)

But seriously, I only get scared of my closet if I've been browsing /r/nosleep. MIRRORS on the other hand... Jesus, I can't look into a mirror without getting the willies.

Also:

Posted Image

I've never been super afraid of ghosts or anything, but the whole "don't talk to strangers" thing had been drilled into my head so hard, that I always thought that someone was likely going to break into my house and take me away. the closest thing to monsters that I had was a remote controlled car with a camera controlled by a guy who was scouting out the house before breaking in. it was same thing with fire safety. I was always freaking out that a fire would start while I was asleep.

I did think there was a friendly ghost living in my house though, and sometimes I thought that my toys came to life when I wasn't looking, but I figured that if I treated them nicely, they would have no reason to want to hurt me.