movies/tv Worst Movie(s) You Have Ever Seen?

Miss Light Diamond

Ok, im not including movies that are so bad, they're funny like birdemic or the room. At least I laughed more in those than most comedies ive seen. My pick for the worst movie I've ever seen is...... A TOSS UP! I honestly couldn't decide, but it's between these two:

Romeo + Juliet (the modernized one starring Leonardo DiCaprio)

This is my sword! *holds up a gun with "sword" engraved on it*

I honestly can't like this movie. I actually like shakespeare and this film just does so much wrong! While I can watch the "men in tights" version and laugh along with the reduced shakespeare company's production, I just can't like anything about this version. I don't like to sound snobby, but I feel this film spits on a great timeless love story.

The Great Gatsby

I didn't like the book, so this is already going down hill. The acting is horrifyingly bad, the characters are devoid of anything representing a personality and there is a total lack of action or movement in the plot until the end where someone gets killed off screen. Symbolism is also constantly pounding you in the face. The director literally focuses on the symbolic item for 5+ seconds so the audience to go "Oh, is this important?"

I know this was made in the 70's, but what made anyone think this book deserves a movie? Sure, it's a literary classic (why, I don't know), but it's not the sort of thing that would make a great movie. Make a movie out of some classic short stories instead, I know a few great ones that would be awesome to see on the big screen.

Also, yes. I know they are making a great gatsby movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby. I still can't freaking believe how uncanny this is with my top 2 worst movie pics...

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

That looked pretty hillarious, I was laughing watching that clip you put.

Is that movie suppose to be sereous? because it looks like a comedy

No, it was completely serious, no matter how much I wish otherwise. The director spent his life savings of $10,000 just to make that movie

Oh what can I say?

The Hunger Games

Will you marry me? TT____TT I adore you right now, I thought I was the only one who despised that abortion of a franchise.

OneundredFTW WTF

• Brohoof 1

Oh what can I say?

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

The Last Airbender

The Lighting Theif

The Hunger Games

Hobo With a Shotgun

Romeo and Juliet (the one with Leonardo DeCaprio)

You didn't like the Hunger Games? I wasn't nuts for it either. It was well-made in terms of props, sets, acting, and things like that, but I couldn't care less for the storyline.

Will you marry me? TT____TT I adore you right now, I thought I was the only one who despised that abortion of a franchise.

OneundredFTW WTF

I don't care about the Hunger Games at all, personally. I'm just not for one about kids killing each other living in a screwed up nation. I don't think it's terrible, but I don't think it's that great, either.

You didn't like the Hunger Games? I wasn't nuts for it either. It was well-made in terms of props, sets, acting, and things like that, but I couldn't care less for the storyline.

I don't care about the Hunger Games at all, personally. I'm just not for one about kids killing each other living in a screwed up nation. I don't think it's terrible, but I don't think it's that great, either.

Me too! I personally hate all type of dystopian fiction. I can read it, but I am an extremely emotional person. Though I refuse to read about kids being chosen to kill each other for the amusement of rich pricks. I also hate unwind as a book, but that's unimportant to this topic.

Let me think... Typically bad movies just fade from my memory.

Greenberg was pretty bad. Like it had no direction whatsoever, and on the label it said it was a hilarious comedy but it wasn't funny at all, nor did it seem like it was even trying to be. In addition, it had some sex scenes in it that became really awkward because I was watching it with my parents.

I actually had others in mind, but I can't remember them... Like just a couple of days ago I was thinking about the bad movies I had seen, but now I don't remember them. Only Greenberg sticks out for some reason.

The Dog Father. I was in this movie... and It was so bad I laughed.

You were in it?

My mom rented it just because it had a bulldog on it. And yeah, it wasn't good, at all. I don't remember much about it, just the part where the kids fended off a mafia by shooting them with toy guns. I couldn't take it anymore at that point... lol.

I enjoy lots of things for kids, but that was just soooo geared toward kids that it was flat out dumb. lol The dog was cute, though.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

Avatar the Last Airbender, I just died in my arms tonight, it must of been that god awful movie.

Technically it's called only "The Last Airbender" because they were worried people were stupid and would get it confused with James Cameron's movie. But anyway, I agree, I recently started watching the Nickelodeon series on Netflix and when I finished the first season I figured I might as well watch the movie...ugh.

Why does everyone mispronounce the names? Why can't firebenders create fire? Why is Zuko so much hotter in the original? Why does Zhang look like a wuss? Why is Iroh so baaaaad?

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

There's no thread of this already? Very well, which movie in your opinion is the worst one ever made?

Mine is Troll 2. I don't even have to say why, just look at it! It's suppose to be scary!

Edited by Soundgarden
  • Brohoof 6

MANOS! HANDS OF FATE!

I rewatch that mst3k all the time. hilarious.

If we are talking bad and not campy awesome to watch bad.

Dragonball evolution, I watched recently thinking it'd be campy bad, but oh my god, I feel dumber after having watched it.

Edited by Barbossa
  • Brohoof 2

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Spider-Man 3, and Star Wars: Attack of the Clones were pretty bad. Now granted, they're not close to the worst, but they weren't good. As for Revenge of the Sith, for some reason I enjoyed that more than A New Hope (flame shield ready).

However, the worst film I've viewed by far was Batman and Robin.

P.S I'm not bashing this film at all, I loved it, but did anyone else feel like Iron Man went by too quickly?

EDIT: Forgot about the Twilight movies. Didn't watch them, though.

Edited by New Moon

There was this horrible movie, and it was based on an extremely overrated and cheesy book. It's title escapes me at the moment....

AH...here it is!

B8677Vn.jpg

Gah! My eyes! They buuuurrrn! Get that monstrosity out of my sight! *Grabs movie and burn it and then proceeds to burn the ashes*

• Brohoof 6

Mine is Troll 2. I don't even have to say why, just look at it! It's suppose to be scary!

NO. Troll 2 was amazing and God-like. :VVVVV

I'd say Twilight. Really. Bad. *deep breathe* The characters are bland, all of them are just stupid, none of the actors can act, the premise is tired and stupid, Bella is the biggest dumbass in distress of all time, and IT DID WELL.

• Brohoof 1

We already have a thread like this, and worst movies of all time is an opinion not fact, so here are my least favorite movies I consider to be the worst I have ever seen:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Ghost Ship

4 Christmases

Left Behind

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

All of the Resident Evil movies

The Last Airbender

All of the Twilight movies

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Edited by ~Another Chaotic Username~

Ugh, I'd have to say Troll 2. It's one of those movies that's literally so bad it's good in a sense. It's hilariously bad. The actors know it's bad, too. It so bad the actors have said they don't even put it down as a movie they've been in when they try out for new parts.

If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend it. It is worth the laughs.

There was this horrible movie, and it was based on an extremely overrated and cheesy book. It's title escapes me at the moment....

AH...here it is!

B8677Vn.jpg

I didn't see the first Twilight movie (or any others that may have preceded the latest one that I don't know about), but a friend of mine loved it and dragged me along for both parts of Breaking Dawn.

Kristen Stewart's line delivery was like some weird and lousy combination of Bill Shatner and the voice cast from the first Resident Evil game. There were more moments of Bella and Edward staring vacantly at each other and telling each other how beautiful they were than anything else. The action scenes in which the vampires demonstrated impressive feats of speed and strength used special effects more suitable for a "Sci-Fi Original movie" circa the mid 90s. As Morpheus might say: no one can be told how terrible it is, you have to see it for yourself.

Whether or not the books are any better, I can't say. I haven't read them. Based on what I've heard from people who have both read the books and seen the movies, they follow each other closely enough.

@@Soundgarden, Another bad movie to add to that is Hobgoblins.

If Gremlins and Critters/Munchies had babies they would look like the creatures in this movie.

I am shocked they didn't MST3K Troll 2! Who thinks they should've made one of that movie?

It would've so funny if they had done that. Anyone else agree?

Edited by Mandy-Chan
  • Brohoof 2

I think this video properly sums up my opinion on "meet the spartans". A true disaster movie that I'm glad my friend wasted his money on renting and not mine. The only reason we continued watching it was because we enjoyed making MST3K style commentary mocking the stupidity of what we were seeing.

I can only think of one recently: Smiley.

I wanted to watch this movie because I was starting to miss slasher films like the Scream series or the Nightmare on Elm Street series. Turns out the movie's basic premise is how internet trolling screws with people in real life. With that, the ending is very cliche and a post-credits scene shows promise of a sequel.  :angry:

It had bad acting, and even worse writing. Probably the only redeeming quality of this film was that the villain was scary. That's about it.

Every Paranormal Activity movie

The Room

Dragon Ball Evolution 

Every parody of bigger films like Meet the Spartans or A Superhero movie.

Every Transformers movie directed by Michael Bay

BTW, at the risk of sounding like a hipster, I'll say I don't hate the Twilight books or movies, cause I feel is a trend to hate them. Like hating Justin Bieber, I feel some people just do it cause most people do. Yeah, the books and the movies may be bad but I don't think they're the worst I've ever seen.

• Brohoof 1