kirbyboi

27 users have voted

1. 1. Anime or manga?

• Anime
    • Manga

So...which do you prefer?

I honestly prefer manga, mainly because I can view my favorite characters in a more private manner without people blabbering 'Oh, what's that?' or have everyone hear what I'm doing. Plus, I enjoy reading, so that's an extra bonus.

I would watch anime, and I sometimes do on my ipod, but that's i. It's more easier to just pick up the book and read in my opinion. What do you guys think?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering as how I never read books at all, I mostly watch anime on Hulu, since most animes on TV aren't the same. I usually watch anime that involves action or sci fi. I know manga is good, but as I said, I rarely read books from manga at all. :(

Edited by Heavyshy

i prefer manga for certain things and its all down to which i see first the anime of something or the manga.

i mean for stuff like Bleach and Naruto the Mange is just better but then there stuff like Hellsingand Ghost in the shell where the anime is much better because it can be more visual and has great voice acting.

i honest prefer Old Anime and newer mangers if that makes any sense

also there the case of my favorite Manga and Anime Berserk which had a anime that only follow a chapter of the manga and it almost fells like you could just watch the show to catch up on the manga (and i mean that in a good way) and now since i'm rambling i shall stop my self and see if there next chaper of berserk is out yet and if the second movie is to.

It kinda depends for me cause I Iike both. I guess anime usually has better fight scenes and stuff like that since it's not just pictures. Manga is usually more accurate than anime though since anime adds filler and changes dialogue sometimes.

Anime. It's quicker to watch a thing than to read it. I really don't have the patience to read through an entire book of manga.

Oh, and this'll prolly grind some gears: I prefer English dubs.

I prefer Anime because if it's well enough made or animated, it can bring out much more of the scene than reading it by text.

Honestly though, I think it's a preference of whether you like to read magazines compared to watcting T.V. , two different things in a bit of areas.

I don't usually read that much, so anime for me, but I definitely understand reading manga, seeing it drawn in detail, it actually is quite appealing, but I prefer to watch!

I prefer anime. I know that manga is more canon, but I just can't get into it as much. I like music, voice acting, and animation. The black/white pages just can't give off the same amount of emotion, and sometimes, especially in action series, they can be quite a bit confusing.

Idealistically, I'd love if anime could just be 100% accurate to the manga.

If I had to pick I have to say that I like both anime and manga. Each just has something better to it.

For anime, I like that I can just sit down, watch it, and just listen to the story. Also it can give us a better idea as to what is going on. Like how fights take place. The down side is some are dubbed and some aren't, Still I like both. Some anime's can go off the story some times and tell a different story. It is sometimes good and sometimes bad.

For manga, it can just be a nice simple thing to do and it is easier to your hands on a volume one of a manga then an anime is. Also manga's can last a lot longer then an anime can.

So both for me.

I usually go for the manga if that option is present. They just go into much more detail than anime and the extra information helps set the mood better for the story. If I have the option thought, I also watch the anime just to supplement the overall experience.

Well, I'm personally not a big fan of either, but I guess In would prefer Anime better, just because you can't tranfer very many feelings through Manga; especially tense moments, seeing a "SWOOOOOOOSH" doesn't help the scene :P

I really, really can't decide, yes Manga is more canon, but anime is in motion, nothing really can beat that. For example:

Iron Man is going to turn into a Anime sometime soon (Correct me if I am wrong), and the graphics I saw where out of this world.

I didn't really see if there was a Manga for that though.

yeah as you can see I've... got enough manga and anime and man is it a drag to carry around. (dun assume I'm rich-I just worked very hard in my youth)

plus manga in total costs much more than anime. You get way more in anime than manga. A single DVD or even a single 13 ep set...

... Has you watching 4 to 8 volumes worth of manga and for a significant fraction of the price.

Plus it has audio, animated visuals and cultural quirks between the english and japanese dubs. The picture is much more refined and cleaned up as opposed to manga too.

canon? many anime these days stay very loyal to the source material and in fact, all you gain from having the manga these days is the novelty of holding the source.

post-8131-0-74385500-1348583625.jpg

post-8131-0-74385500-1348583625.jpg

Edited by ceresbane

I love both, but I prefer manga. I'm a pretty quick reader, so I can get through three or four chapters in the time it would take me to watch one episode. It's also more convenient for me to pick up a book when I've got a spare five minutes than to turn on the TV, boot up the PS3/DVD player, then sit staring at copyright notices and a menu before I can get into the story.

I also don't have any way to watch anime while I'm sitting on the toilet.

Can't we have both?

But If I were to choose, I have to go with anime, because I like seeing things move in front of things. While I like reading Manga, I treat anime like I'm watching a good TV show!!

Just chillaxing!! B)

I'm not too fussed. In general, I'll watch anime over manga (and a good dub over sub).

Currently, the only anime I'm really interested in is One Piece. I watched the dub up until it stopped, watched it subbed until it stopped and I read the manga and watch the newest episodes every week.

As for filler in anime, it's really a case by case basis for me. Some can be good, some are just awful.