Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were you a hater/Anti-Brony?

I_wesley125

Were You a Hater?  

162 users have voted

1. 1. Did you used to be a hater?

• Yes, I used to be a hater.
    • No, I wasn't a hater.

I used to have no opinions about it, then my bro told me he was a brony and I thought he was weird. But then I had no will to get off the couch and my cousins were watching MLP then I thought the show was actually pretty good.

• Brohoof 1

No, I wasn't; in fact, the first time I heard about an older bunch that liked MLP I thought: "My Little Pony? Sounds great!". Also, I believe I can take some pride in the fact that I've always been somewhat open minded. =)

Edited by IDoNotSpeakEnglish
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...
  • 9 months later...

It's embarrassing to say now but I actually was very anti-brony for the longest time. :blush: My mate and I in primary school always used to watch YTP and ponies would often be thrown into them, and it used to drive us mad. We bought into that idea that bronies were only fat, middle-aged men, which of course couldn't be further from the truth! :please: I even remember seeing a trailer for the movie in the cinema and not wanting to go and see it, which is now my biggest fan regret. :worry:

Since I became a brony, my friend has found it hilarious that I've now become the very thing we used to be so against and he thinks it's impressive that I've managed to make so many friends on here who are similar ages to me. :ooh:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

No. I never liked MLP back then, nor I really care, but I was never a hater. When I was kid, I used to thought MLP was a franchise made for babies, but once I got into the show, it was a lot more than that.

Edited by JMTV99
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Never had anything against it. I did think it was a bit odd at first, but people enjoy different things and I always understood that.

• Brohoof 3

I wasn't a hater. I was only kind of aware of the show's existence and its adult fans. I remember someone on a forum wondering why adult men liked the show and I responded in agreement. Finally when I started watching the show in late 2015 I began to understand its appeal.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn’t consider myself a hater. However, I did find the fascination with the series from adult men to be bizarre. After watching the show myself, I didn’t see it that way.

• Brohoof 2

My biggest issue was how people wanted to be Bronies for attention, and how many of them hated the older generation that I pretty much liked at the time.

• Brohoof 1