NavelColt

65 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

One of the best episodes of season 1, a lot of people complain about how stupid were the CMC, but i don't see it that way, i mean, it's not that they don't know what their telents are, of course they do, the problem is that they don't wanna accept them as their real purposes in life, they just want different things and that's why they try a lot of random stuff they're not good at, it's kinda funny how they want their cutie marks so badly, but just 6 episodes ago they practically said that getting their cutie marks would close a lot of opportunities, they're afriad of accepting their destiny too soon. This episode is very important to define their characters as the CMC.

Shouldn't Scootaloo already have a Cutie Mark, I mean her special talent is extreme scooter riding. *Sigh* I still don't understand how your Mark is chosen? Maybe scooter stunts isn't what she's suppose to do for the rest of her life?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hated the Crusaders song :eww:, this might be one of my least favorite moments of the show.

But the first part was good, and I really liked this BGM:

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I did not like this episode.  The main reason for that is because I see this episode as a huge missed opportunity.  If they hadn't ignored their true talents and done what they were actually good at, then Sweetie Belle would have been the lead singer, Scootaloo would have done the choreography and Apple Bloom would have designed the sets.  Instead they traded each others roles and the end result was a near unwatchable mess of a performance.  If they had done what they should have been doing, they could already have their cutie marks by now.  In fact I found this cover of the CMC theme on YouTube that's pretty close to what it would it would have sounded like if Sweetie Belle had done the singing as she should have done.  And, in my opinion, it actually sounds really bucking good.  there's just so much wasted potential.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Like some know, Im not a fan of the CMC when they're togheter. I like them as individual characters, When they're toghter they have a tendency to make things very cheesy...

I didn't like this episode all that much.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't really like it, I don't even remember it well and I remember pretty much every episode well. That tells me something  >_>

This is one of those episodes that I had just forgotten about

Do we often think the same or what  :huh:?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bad, just bad. This is the worst episode of Season 1 and maybe the worst CMC episode overall.

The CMC throughout the whole episode are so oblivious that it hurts. I heard that people say that they are just kids, but even kids are not that oblivious to know, that what they are doing is just not good. Especially Sweetie should know that she is better in singing.

The song at the Talent show is also bad. i was feeling like AJ in the crowd. i was slowly going backwards and search for the way outside.

And in the end, they really learn nothing at all. They pretty much say to Twilight, that they will just keep on going as before. WTF?

Bad episode is bad. Big Thumbs down.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I did not like this episode.  The main reason for that is because I see this episode as a huge missed opportunity.  If they hadn't ignored their true talents and done what they were actually good at, then Sweetie Belle would have been the lead singer, Scootaloo would have done the choreography and Apple Bloom would have designed the sets.  Instead they traded each others roles and the end result was a near unwatchable mess of a performance.  If they had done what they should have been doing, they could already have their cutie marks by now.  In fact I found this cover of the CMC theme on YouTube that's pretty close to what it would it would have sounded like if Sweetie Belle had done the singing as she should have done.  And, in my opinion, it actually sounds really bucking good.  there's just so much wasted potential.

I agree with the wasted potential part. I still liked the song for its humor, nonetheless. 

Edited by ChB

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Meh, didn't like this episode that much, just didn't find it interesting, it was kind of funny and that was it really. One of my least favorites in S1. 

• 1 month later...

Less than 37% of the votes on this one are positive. Feels about right; this was back before the CMC were tolerable. 

"The Show Stoppers" is perhaps the show's first episode to be sunk by its overuse of cringe comedy, but unfortunately it's not the last. The CMC are not fun to watch here, and the show knows that they're setting themselves up for embarrassment but spares them no sympathy. They may irritate me, but they don't deserve that humiliation, even if they're way too thick-headed to see their obvious talents. 

• 3 months later...
(edited)

I hate it! Im watching the whole show againbut i really couldnt finish this one. i watched half episode and then i watched it at x3 speed xD HORRIBLE. so annoying  :angry: the first episode that i vote that i hate. and im sure its the worst imo and most hated  (for me) of this season.

I liked their glam rock looks tho 

also i think if they didnt work so hard on getting their cutie marks trought the seasons and looking diferent talents, they had gotten the cutie marks hinted at this episode instead. basically like the ones they have now but without the shield.

thats a headcanon but i think that cutie marks are a bit modificable if you work hard enough to try to get another one diferent from that was meant for you. can escape your destiny xD but its hard for kids to do that anyways xD

also a headcanon, actually I think their current cutie marks are so special because they show TWO talents instead one. for sweetie bell singing+ helping about the cutie mark. 

And in the end, they really learn nothing at all. They pretty much say to Twilight, that they will just keep on going as before. WTF?

lmao what a mess  xDDDD

Edited by Tropico

• 4 weeks later...

2 out of 5...

What can say.

I still don't like CMC at this point.

Also I liked there band better, when it was called KISS.

Moral: I don't know.

How to Improved: Needs more Alicorn Princesses.....

Should have listened to Star-Child Alicorn Princess Twlight Sparkle. ~Raises hoof~ "ALL HAIL PRINCESS TWILIGHT MAY BE RAINE BE ETERNAL!"

Actually.  Umm...

2 hours Moon Golag for not listening to Princess Twilight... (They are just Phillies)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know, I just don't care about three kids being totally ignorant of their strengths and spending fifteen minutes preparing to embarrass themselves. I find the CMC kinda annoying at this point in the show, so I just can't have much fun with this, and the musical number itself is pure cringe comedy, which I have no taste for. The moral doesn't even stick! This episode is pointless. And "best comedy act?" I'd find that kinda insulting. 

Score:

Entertainment: 2/10

Characters: 4/10

Themes: 5/10

Story: 2/10

Overall: 33/100

• 1 month later...

i missed seeing the mane six while watching this episode, but it was really sweet of applejack to give the cmc her old treehouse. i'm really curious to see what their cutie marks turn out to be! the performance was so entertaining though lol