Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How loud is your music

Moon Rat

How loud is your music  

173 users have voted

1. 1. on a scale of 1 to earth shattering, how loud is your music?

• Fluttershy's yay
    • louder
    • LOUDER
    • LOOOUUUUDERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Feeling a slight rumble
    • your neighbors need new windows
    • Earth Shattering

I try not to turn my music up too loud. I like respecting others' boundaries.

Besides, it's not like the majority of music I listen to is considered 'loud' to begin with. =P

I try not to turn my music up too loud. I like respecting others' boundaries.

Besides, it's not like the majority of music I listen to is considered 'loud' to begin with. =P

Streetlight Manifesto deserves to be blasted.

Always.

Oh and new Streetlight album in November, it's gonna be sweet. And I'm seeing them in concert in November!

(I figured that you're the only person on the forums who cares :P)

Streetlight Manifesto deserves to be blasted.

Always.

Oh and new Streetlight album in November, it's gonna be sweet. And I'm seeing them in concert in November!

(I figured that you're the only person on the forums who cares :P)

You have a good memory. o.o

Streetlight Manifesto is one of those very few 'loud' bands that I listen to. Blasting music is just outside of my nature. So I don't blast them.

I do know about the new album - I follow SM on Twitter. I have to say I didn't know when to expect a new album. One came out last year, and it kind of suggested that the next album would be more covers. It's nice to see them going for originals. Although I do like their covers, so I don't want to downplay that.

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

My Amplifier goes up to 11 B)

(Anyone who gets where this reference is from is amazing)

But seriously I always have to use full volume and always need more.

Especially when it comes to dubstep and metal

• Brohoof 2

On a scale of Bob Segar to Queen, most of my music is played on an ELO level. It really depends on the genre or even a specific band within that genre as to what volume is appropriate.

Parent's hate music played at the appropriate level.

My parents say that I like my music so ear-shatteringly loud everyone in the town jolts from their beds

My friends say that I prefer my music on the level of a jumbo jet drowning in a sea of piss

The only thing I'm sure, I like my music as loud as the speaker freaking can

• Brohoof 1

Huh? What's the question? Speak up!

Nah. I'm not deaf yet But it depends on if my parents are home.

If they are, just enough to rattle the neighbor's window. If not, I'm pretty sure I've gotten complaints from Canada.

A7X/5FDP/Metallica - I'll make ripples in the pacific.

DubStep - I've knocked satellites out the sky.

Pony Showtunes - My neighbor's new favorite music.

Modest Mouse - Nuff Said.

• Brohoof 1

My music is crazy loud when I'm in my room at night or I've been drinking. It's at the maximum level of loudness.

Usually, it's around a level where I can hear my surroundings AND the music.

Edited by sleepyhead.

I listen to mine pretty quiet I think, I never turn my ipod past half way. Most of the time its more like a little over 1/4 of the way up. with the apple ear buds. And even lower with an actual headset.

I do listen to rock and stuff but not like crazy loud really.

When I listen to music, Cthulu awakens from his slumber.

In reality, option #Feeling a slight rumble. If I had an awesome stereo system, then EARTH SHATTERING! I love music, despite not really being talented in music. I've got a very good ear though. :)

• Brohoof 1

Loud enough for me to headbang. It's necessary to hear the bass, and the rumble. Without it, the songs just not complete.

Of course, being a metalhead, I need to clearly distinguish between instruments in a usually low quality recording. I always have to turn it up when this happens.

I like my music loud, but not too loud, My ears are more important than my eyes I can't risk losing them.

It would be a nightmare being unable to hear D:

it's loud enough. it sure is loud enough so i can actually hear everything about the music (unless it's in the dead of night, in which i turn down the speakers volumes a lot, as well as the sub-bass), but it isn't loud enough to make me go this, though: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/220/9/9/too_loud__by_echowolf800-d45xsnk.png

i don't wanna completely murder my ears with loud music. and for some reason, every big record company nowadays thinks it is the greatest idea ever to master the music so loud it literally peaks the meter. bitch please, whatever happened to harmonization and dynamic of sound?

For me, my volume is put in between low and medium no matter what I'm listening to >.< because my siblings and friends tend to try and talk to me while I listen to music so I don't want it too loud that I can't hear them talk.

I turn it up pretty loud when I'm alone though xP That way no one can tell me to turn it down or try to talk to me lol.

On my earbuds, I like all my music loud. Loud enough to where you can hear the music from the earbuds. :P

I put my music loud because it's the only volume where I can actually feel the deepness and hear all the epic parts in my music. Makes it sound like I'm right in a concert, without all the screaming and standing. Feels like the best thing in the world! If it's low volume, it's sounds dull.

The only problem is that my earbuds broke! One of them doesn't work anymore. :( So now, I'm gonna have to use headphones, which are good, but are too much work to take around.

All my neighbors listen to good music. Whether they like it or not.

Yeah, I like listening to music really loud. This is the rule of Heavy Metal - you have to play it loud.

• Brohoof 1

As loud as possible.

Obviously I make exceptions when people are sleeping, but in the car or in my headphones? Maxed out. Full blown chaos.

• Brohoof 1

As loud as I can get it without clipping or distortion. So usually when I can watch the voice coils move is the limit until I have the financial means for an actual system. In the car is the same way but a little less extreme as I tend to be more cautious with any form of distortion. Speakers cost a bit much to just crank 'em up and pop 'em and they just sound too good to be treated like that. Headphones, same but a bit more abusive to them in terms of distortion. What's great about them though is that their over ear, meaning louder music and less complaints. It doesn't matter what I listen to either. I've cranked up Jazz, Metal, Dubstep, Prog Rock, VGM, 8-bit etc. etc. I've blasted Symphony of Science with my windows down. If I like it, it's been played as loud as the system can handle.

Edited by A Blithering Div

I listen to music like this on full volume...

I'm a baker and I start at 2am and shatter the walls with my music. sometimes I even wonder how the dough survives. meh, it's all I got to get me through the morning.

Edited by Jaded Avaricious

Rainbow Dash would be jealous of the volume at which I am capable to listen to. Earth shattering for me, for the dubstep shall tremble your bones and shake your core :wub:

Lol but seriously, I listen to my music way too loud for my own good. Especially when listening to dubstep, Avenged Sevenfold, or Nirvana.

If no one's around then earth shattering.

If someone's around, the pretty loud.

If someone's really close, then as loud as fluttershy's yay.

I usually have my music pretty loud. I have Led Zeppelin's Kashmir playing pretty loud right now, but it's a lot louder when I'm driving my truck around. I think people in the hallway in my dorm can hear this, better turn it down.