Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How loud is your music

Moon Rat

How loud is your music  

173 users have voted

1. 1. on a scale of 1 to earth shattering, how loud is your music?

• Fluttershy's yay
    • louder
    • LOUDER
    • LOOOUUUUDERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Feeling a slight rumble
    • your neighbors need new windows
    • Earth Shattering

Yeah. 100 db's in my ears for almost 2 years now.

Ouch.

As for myself, I listen to my music at a moderate level in headphones.

But...

I had to pick "Neighbors need new windows" because I mostly listen to music when I'm driving around, and I crank it up to the max where everypony within a five block radius can either hear what I'm listening to or feel and hear the bass from it.

And it's usually a mix between rock, rap, and pony songs, so you know everypony is rocking out along with me.

Swag all day, son.

With headphones or earbuds, I tend to listen to music loud enough so I can't hear anyone around me.  I like to drown out the world when I listen to music. 

I listen to music even louder when I ride my bike.

With speakers at home, I have the music loud enough so I hear it throughout my entire house.  I typically do this when I am doing chores.

When driving, if I am with my husband, I tend to listen to folk music and it's loud enough to hear, but quiet enough so we don't have to yell over the music talking.  When I am alone and driving, I listen to my brony music (and other adrenaline pumping music) loud enough to drown out my very thoughts...

When I am listen to accordion music alone driving, I roll down my window and blast it as high as it can go, because accordion music is awesome!

Ouch.

Ouch would be the best way to put it.

I should really tone down the music by a lot, considering my hearing has been damaged a little bit. I only really want to feel bass in songs, and the louder you turn up the volume, the louder it gets.

This also works well with some Beats + a Beats audio sound card in yur laptop.

Edited by Moon Wave

I use headphones but I still listen to them loud enough that you can hear the music clearly across the room.  I think I've suffered hearing damage from it, actually.

I should really tone down the music by a lot, considering my hearing has been damaged a little bit. I only really want to feel bass in songs, and the louder you turn up the volume, the louder it gets.

I use headphones and crank the volume up all the way it annoys certain ppl but i dont care it helps me when i am in a mentaly funk and thats what i care about

I know, I love to feel the bass in the songs too which is why I blast the music in my car, it's the only way for the bass to really hit me. My radio is also really old in my car, so I can't really fiddle around with the settings either. Hearing loss is a bad thing I suppose, but it's the cost we pay for listening to awesome music.

Speaking of which, are Beats worth the price? I think they're way to expensive for me, but I'm curious about how good they actually are.

According to other people (as in doctors and such), I've always had extraordinary hearing and eyesight. The eyesight is now just "normal", but I've tried hard to retain my good hearing.

As such, my music seems very quiet to most people - and I guess that's a good sign. :)

• 7 months later...

Loud, but almost never on the highest setting, unless I have music especially quiet. As yet, I haven't had noticable hearing loss even though I'm always on headphones, but I do hope for decent monitors at my workstation soon.

I know, I love to feel the bass in the songs too which is why I blast the music in my car, it's the only way for the bass to really hit me. My radio is also really old in my car, so I can't really fiddle around with the settings either. Hearing loss is a bad thing I suppose, but it's the cost we pay for listening to awesome music.

Speaking of which, are Beats worth the price? I think they're way to expensive for me, but I'm curious about how good they actually are.

No.they are not. You're paying for the name. They have the same sound quality as my $30 Tritton gaming headset. I would get Seinnheisers or some Sony, ones....there's also some very good high end headphones out there for the same cost as Beats.

I use my 30 year old Realistic Nova Pros on my PC...they are awesome for being 30 years old, they're still as good as/better than my Tritton headset or Beats. Though not recommended for mobile use, they'd kill the battery. These are meant to be plugged into a stereo/studio and that's how I use  them.

Depends....sometimes I"ll have my music cranked with my headphones on...so much so I feel the bass vibrating them on my head..I usually tend to have them at a comfortable listening level.

My in game music is similar, but not enough to drown out other sounds in the game...

Edited by ~Flutterdash~

If i can't feel the music all the way down to my soul......it's not loud enough..... Which it takes a youtube video at max when my system sound is at 40% to do so  :squee:

I usually keep my music rather loud, while listening through headphones or not. However, when I require concentration, I'll keep it turned down rather low. Low enough so it doesn't grab my attention but loud enough for me to realize it's playing.

• Brohoof 1

in the metal there is only one rule: THE VOLUME MUST BE HIIIGHHH!!!

btw i listen to loud volumes only rock and metal.. but i usually i am a blues/jazz guy... so warm volumes... 54 db is the best... so lovely... beautifull for a warm nice night with your girlfriend... ah....fade to black....six blade knife... those songs are beautifull

My ears can't really handle loud, so it's just medium for the most part. The reason also is that there might be a lot of noises outside of my music, and I find that I have an inability to filter out random noise and cannot concentrate at certain volumes. It just combines with the music to make this horrid racket that tortures my ears and mind, and irritates me a lot. That's why I hate it when people talk to me whilst I'm listening to loud music. And they do at times.

Also, if music is TOO loud, I can... feel it in my heart. I can feel the bass resonating with my heartbeat and it is just an awful feeling. I just hate loud in general, so moderate is good.

• Brohoof 1

"Feeling a slight rumble"

When I have ear buds in, oh heck yes my headphones are almost all the way.

Over the ear, I turn it up as loud as I can to hear it myself but nobody else can hear it. (Unless it is a day I don't really care.) :D

I have it on exactly 50% on my computer. Thats the only amount it will go. No louder no quieter. (Mainly because of my OCD. :()

The only time I have a set sound level is when I'm doing video editing for YouTube than I make all sounds to the level that plays best at exactly 20% volume on my laptop. Since I'm not a sound engineer I can't say that is optimum but the audio of my YouTube videos always sounds balanced and clear so it seems to work.