Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are You a Germaphobe?

Lightning Fluttershy

Are you a germaphobe?  

30 users have voted

1. 1. Are you a germaphobe?

• Of course. Germs are disgusting.
    • Nah. I don't worry too much about it.
    • Other. (I don't know what classifies as other. Specify in the comments.)

The question is simple. Are you a germaphobe? For those who don't know what I mean, a germaphobe is someone who obsessively cleans everything in case of germs.

I am a major germaphobe. I wash my hand about 20 times a day and clean objects before touching them. A little freakish I know but what can you do right? I just find the thought of germs... Disturbing.

So now I ask you. Are you a germaphobe and why? If you aren't you can still post and explain why you made that choice!

• Brohoof 1

Of course not. Im already covered from head to toe with bacteria, so germs really don't bother me that much. Germs and bacteria are quite literally everywhere and it really isn't worth my time to worry about when there are so many more important things to watch out for. I stay hygienic of course, but I have more important matters on the mind than little biological bodies.

When I need to touch something unsanitary in my workplace though, I do ensure that I am well protected and obviously wash my hands after. This is in response to the reaction the germs can cause, not in response to the mere presence of the germs.

Edited by Celtore

Well me personally I am not really a germaphone. I mean theres certain things I find disgusting and I don't really like touching things like raw meat or toilets or anything obviously... Or anything that looks digusting.

However I can do it. And I don't wash my hands obssesisvely or anything. And I certainly don't clean surfaces randomly. I only really use germ X after getting out of stores most of the time.

I do have a cousin who was a major germaphobe and he washed his hands crazy amounts of times... His hands got all dry from it. My dads a veternarian so he washes his hands alot and thus has dry hands, and I have an aunt who is a germaphobe who washed her hands so much they actually bleed sometimes from it...

I honestly don't worry about every little germ in my eye. I like to think my imunity system is pretty decent. Plus I hear that the only real way to build up imunitys to germs is from coming in contact with them. So I may as well not worry to much.

However I have some strange Phobias anyways so I won't insult anyone and say its stupid because I know how it goes.

Nothing wrong with it I guess, just not a part of the club :P.

I am indeed, every time I go to a clinic or hospital I feel like I shouldn't touch ANYTHING until I have washed my hands. on the rare occasions that I have to use a public bathroom I never touch any of the door handles, I always hate using the leaver that gives you paper towel.

So yes, I am a Germaphobe, I am not that bad though.

I'm all over the place when it comes to germs. I'm usually very clean, taking half an hour getting clean. I'll wash my hands all the time and I don't like stains. Now I've also been known to eat food that was just liying around. I once ate a gummy bear that fell on the bus floor... So I think its based off my mood.

• Brohoof 1

Normally I'm not a germaphobe. But when it comes to other people...

*shudder*

We have a foreign exchange kid who lives with us. He sneezed into his hand, then reached into the bag of bread and felt the entire loaf up.

I threw that bag out later that day.

Well germs? Heck no. I'm not afraid of some tiny little germs. Not things that are legit disgusting? Of course. But I'm not going to clean every single little thing.

I do not fear Germans, so no

Sanitation is important, but I don't think I would be paranoid about it, so no. Washing your hands once after exposure to germs is probably enough.

Yeah, I'm a pretty big germaphobe when it comes to certain things, like I won't take a sip out of someone else's drink for instance, and I probably wash my hands a bit more than others, but I don't think I'm total freak about it. :huh:

I'm actually a moderate germophobe. It's actually quite annoying at times.

Here's the things I do:

1) Never use public toilets.

2) Never touch any sort of railings.

3) Brush my teeth at least four times a day.

4) Always change my clothes after I get home from college.

5) Never let people use my soap.

In some ways I am, in other ways I'm just not. One way that I am is that I really want to keep myself clean. Another way is in eating and food. I don't want anybody else touching my food. I have a hard enough time eating food to begin with.

To a point. The most notable thing I do is opening doorhandles with my sweatshirt sleeve rather than using my bare hand. I dunno if that really helps or not, but the it's mostly the thought that counts with me. I also wipe my keyboard down every now and then, and every time I go to eat, I have to wash my hands. It seriously bugs me if I don't have a chance to do that before I eat.

I'm at least more clean than some people I know, who don't even wash their hands after using the restroom

Edited by bluetrace

Despite frequently washing my hands, no. My hands just feel weird over time and I get the urge to wash them. It's not out of concern for sanitation most of the time.

I'll eat and drink after just about anyone, and will eat off of my own floor at home. This is largely because I keep a very clean place. I like to keep the place dusted, swept, mopped, vacuumed, etc., and I do these things regularly; but if I was to go to a hoarder's house I would have no problem reclining in a pile of rubbish.

Um...NO.

Time to educate...

First off being germ-carefree helps build up immunity, also not getting flu shots and just fighting sickness like a boss keeps you healthy.

And washing your hands all the time dries your hands which lets the skin crack which in turn.... lets more germs in. So the entire idea of being a germaphobe and disinfecting everything is really counterproductive in the run.

I know a few germaphobe families that wipe down everything...

and they can't figure out why they get so sick all the time!

So no...just no.

And i do believe it is Mysophobia...

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

Mostly yes. I have a habit of washing my hands a lot, and almost always after I touch something that does not belong to me, or if I pet my dog. :P I don't really go around cleaning everything, but I try to make sure there are no major germs on me. That makes me paranoid at times.

Nope. I'm a dirty girl.

Naw, just kidding; I sometimes do mind dirt and all, but I know that good bacteria can fight off most germs so it doesn't bother me quite much. I don't even mind sharing food or drinks sometimes, but it does not mean that I'm a disgusting pig who plays in the dirt :P

• Brohoof 1

Somewhat in a way. I don't obsessively clean anything, but I do check everything when it comes to my food and being around my food. Something slight around my glass at a restuarant? It will sit there until something gets done about it or I force myself to ignore it. I'm more afraid of touching dirty/slimey things than actually worrying about the germs. That part comes later when I realize it.

For a time I might of been considered that, or maybe that was just my obsessive compulsiveness? I don't know. I still keep some of that germaphobe trait with me but I'm not as obsessive about it anymore.

I am not really at all. I mean, we all got germs. Every single one of us, even when we use Hand sanitizer, lotions, soaps, etc. We still have germs. We have our own germs. But, yes infact after I use the restroom, or do something dirty, I wash my hands, because you can get sick, but I dont freak out and have to constantly be clean and clean my hands after everything I do.

When I am with my friends or in public I am, but my room in another hand.... I am thinking about putting up a quarantine sign on my door.

But if someone sneezed and wanted a handshake, I would be like no thanks!

• 6 years later...

I don't worry about it too much. I go by my old biology teacher's advice. If you can't see the dirt on your hands, they aren't dirty. Really builds an immune system. I haven't been sick in almost 2 years. Like...actually sick.