Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

Now. i'm wondering how this fits into the season finale synopsis. Unless there is a secret 14th episode or an 60+ minute movie i'm not aware of, i will assume the princess coronation/alicorn Twilight happens in episode 13, which says;

"When Twilight casts a spell that switches the Cutie Marks and destinies, the only way to reverse the spell is by writing her own magic"

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Magical_Mystery_Cure

Somehow i cant shake this feeling that Twilight will switch with Celestia or maybe an other Alicorn, and they will have a coronation that puts her in a spot of princess, since they all think that fate is now hers. But when time passes she will discover the burden of her duties and that certain things are NOT going how they are meant to go. So she writes her own magic to undo the effect and she is left with the experience of wielding such power at the end while princesshood will one day come to her naturally and when she is truly ready...

There's still that possibility. Can i imagine her in such a spot so early in her life? Possibly returning to Canterlot, leaving her friends? Again, i cant help but feel that it will be something temporary so Hasbro will have an excuse to sell their new toyline and things return to status quo.

If it does stay permanent... It will take some time getting used to. But it better involve her being helped by the rest of the gang and facing new challenges. One does not forget friends and past that easily.

Edited by JavaJive
  • Brohoof 5

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mex8ieFQnC1qfr8p4.png

Apparently a reddit post from few month ago if I can tell. Not entirely sure whether the thing is legitimate or not. But it's something to think about. However, I do agree with the sentiment that Hasbro is making more influence over the entire series than ever. And from a person who watched good games getting ruined by the likes of Electronic Arts and Activision from the gaming industry, it's hardly a surprising thing.

img-1129590-1-keep-calm-and-have-patienc

Lets wait until February 16th guys and gals! There are so many factors that we are not taking into account. If it turns out that Twilight is permanently an Alicorn, fine...the writers and animators will do there best to work with it (thank you Business people of Hasbro :/ ) . It's one thing to foreshadow...it's another thing to get upset over something we don't have full details of yet. My reasoning is this: 

From wikipedia: "Magical Mystery Cure" =  "When Twilight casts a spell that switches the Cutie Marks and destinies, the only way to reverse the spell is by writing her own magic"

Judging by this description, this could spin off in so many other ways. Keep calm and have patience everypony! (That's got to be a friendship lesson) 

EDIT: 

Oh and there is this to! 

Edited by Steel Matt
  • Brohoof 2

Sad face... I was afraid that was going to happen some time soon because they were running out of big things for the girls to deal with. I wound how this will turn out as Twilight the Alicorn... and if  this is going to stay long term

I can totally see this happening, I agree with everything! Except, what about her friends, it would be a little bit awkward ones an alicorn. I don't know what you think, but that is just me, hehe ^_^

I have a lot to say about this. This whole Alicorn business is making me nervous and I have good reasons for it. I just want to begin with this, the show doesn't need to end right away. This Twilight Alicorn speculation is leading me to believe that the show might end soon. It's to early for the show to end. The community is getting bigger and bigger and hasbro is alluding to cutting the show in it's infancy.

Hasbro did something with transformers in a similar fashion. If they decide to end the current characters story arcs then that will suck too. In the 80s Hasbro made the Transformers Movie. It was set up to kill Optimus Prime and other transformers to introduce a new line of toys. What if Hasbro is going to do this with MLP FIS. Not kill the characters, but end their stories when there is so much left to be

told. I also thought Alicorns were born the way they were. So why would Twilight out of no where be one. That to me sounds like a cheap plot device to just abruptly end the show. So why are they doing this? I am being serious, I have a sense that the show might be canceled or something.

My friend even was making fun of me when he said " Oh Mark how do you feel that Twilight is an alicorn now." 

He has never watched an episode of FIS in his life

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

Inb4 Twilight gets' Celestia's destiny. Which maybe aids in her attempt to write magic in order to reverse the effects for everyone.

That would be quite interesting, and maybe acceptable.  Twilight creates a spell so powerful that only she can re-write it, but has to gain Celestia's power in order to stop it.  As a result, our studious unicorn is forced into alicorn-hood with its responsibilities. 

Personally, I wouldn't mind a bit of Full Metal Alchemist where Twilight wants to get her old life back in S4.  While searching for a cure, she keeps up the appearence of a princess due to Celestia's wishes. 

• Brohoof 1

Potential Spoiler

Am I the only one who finds this is exciting in the context of the episodes synopsis? Twilight switches around their destinies and cutie marks. This has tons of penitential interesting turns for exploring all of the characters. Im hoping they explore Celestia as well as they probably have switched places. I have been waiting for something like this. This episode may also teach us more about how magic works as it is stated that she will have to write her own magic.

It seems most are just focusing on Twilight being an alicorn without actualy reading what the episode will be about. People need to get that stupid rumor out of their head, it was most likely fake. Alicorn Twilight poped up well before the rumor, the lack of Derpy was already being discussed(and easily guessed). And season four is pretty easy to figure out. No previously unknown info was conveyed in  this rumor with the exception of some ambiguous prophecy for season 4. Why didn't this poster tell us what horrors await? He already broke his/her NDA why stop there? Could it be that the poster had no inside info and was merely relying on previously established info, weaving them together into a single rumor in a negative context to instill panic and anger? I think so. Not to mention the unprofessional way in which it was written. That's not how the show staffers tend to behave. They have always expressed excitement and anticipation of our viewing of their work, as well as their playful interactions with us. From the tweets of the show staff I think we can surmise that the rumor was most likely just to anger people as tweets from the staff seem to indicate. I believe megan mcarthy tweeted something like this "what do you call someone who posts rumors to get people upset/".  (I have posted the above before but I think it merits further mention.)

People also seem to be reacting as if this were the first time the toys influenced the show. You guys remember Rarity with butterfly wings, or how about that train and balloon, Princess Cadence anyone? The fact the Princess Celestia is a princess rather than a Queen stems from this. The show was created to promote toys as all Hasbro shows are. 

• Brohoof 4

Welp, I guess it's confirmed.

I am quite disappointed with the fans that are already "jumping the shark" before the episode even airs. I'm still not a big fan of alicorn Twilight, but I'm going to at least give the episode a shot before making a judgement on it.

Though I must say, I am getting quite a kick out of all the memes that are being produced because of this.

• Brohoof 1

This episode I think is going to be about Twilight being brash and assuming that she's already learned enough to become an alicorn despite Celestia's insistence that she's not ready yet.

Not wanting to be denied this opportunity, Twilight "swaps destinies" with Celestia to prove herself worthy, only to discover that she's nowhere near as prepared for it as she thought she was.

• Brohoof 4

Alternitively, Celestia is being all rushy and orders Discord to alicornificate Twilight ahead of time despite negative looks from Luna and a "SHE'S NOT READY STOP RUSHING IT SUNWOMAN" sign from the elements, her mom, Discord, Fluttershy, and half the cast in person, Twilight says yes, kapow, blah blah Alicorn Twilight. Celestia takes a day off.

Thus, while Celestia is laughing madly at everyone while reclining in a moon castle Luna's physical body made to waste time on the moon, Twilight magicspams and writes a friendship letter to herself by accident in her haste to fix everything.

Alternatively and better, the ending is Celestia writing a friendship letter to Twilight. And Twilight writes back.

This somehow blows discord's mind and overrides the destiny spell. :umad:

Wait, Alicorn Twilight's voice acting will be Morgan Freeman?

Someone get Fluttershy some weighted shoes so she doesn't break the rainbow barrier in pink and yellow in her haste to flee.

On a less trollestial note, I am betting the ending will be a massive friendship letter compiling Celestia's viewpoint on friendship gleaned from Twilight's letters sent back to Twilight, which gives Twi the friendship-is-magic powered magic to override whatever she screwed up.

And possibly Discord being slapped by Pinkie Pie for breaking the fourth wall.

• Brohoof 1

My exact verbal reaction (WARNING: EXPLICIT):

Holy fucking shit.

All I have to say is that this should make for some very interesting Season 4 episodes.

• Brohoof 2

I just can't wait until after the coronation where Twilight realizes that becoming a princess means that she will now have to suffer having to watch all her friends grow old and pass away while she continues without them for thousands+ years. oh wait... kids show... damn :/

• Brohoof 2

I just can't wait until after the coronation where Twilight realizes that becoming a princess means that she will now have to suffer having to watch all her friends grow old and pass away while she continues without them for thousands+ years. oh wait... kids show... damn :/

And this is why it won't work. So every one else dies while the other one lives. The thought of an old and decrepit Rainbow Dash makes me cringe

• Brohoof 1

And this is why it won't work. So every one else dies while the other one lives. The thought of an old and decrepit Rainbow Dash makes me cringe

Don't think the show would go that far but I would love to see an episode about her dealing with the idea. Being a princess isn't all it's cracked up to be.

• Brohoof 1

Let's see this in the context of the synopsis.

This is probably Twilight's ascension to the equivalent of Star Swirl by probably attempting an ultra-tier spell, but of course, she manages to screw things up and this is essentially a "life swap" episode.  If my assumptions of the synopsis are correct, they will probably swap roles and positions and basically rewrite the entire universe.  And I'm thinking likely with ponies that are closer to each other.

(An interesting twist to add would probably to have Twilight be the only one who actually remembers her past self, thus has to work alone)

Hence why I'm thinking that Twilight, when she switches destinies, will switch with her mentor, Princess Celestia.  Becoming an Alicorn.  From here, she has to find a way to rewrite the magic spell she set off, using her alicorn powers, to reverse everything. (And at the same time, we finally get a little snippet of Celestia's life... Maybe a bit of personal thoughts of hers)

And because of this, I'm sitting here comfortably while watching the rage across the internet with so many people who are jumping the shark.  

Well played, MLP, well played.  :umad:

• Brohoof 2

I just thought of something, If Twilight's immortal now, does that mean she can start introducing herself as "Twilight Sparkle of the clan Sparkle?

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1