Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite Minor Antagonist(s) in Video Games

Xievie

I was wondering, after my major antagonist topic, I wanted to see answers for MINOR antagonists.

These are usually henchmen or even the general of a major antagonist.

Minor antagonist as in the mooks? :wacko:

My choice would be Ork Nob (either slugga or shoota) from the Space Marine game. They screams funny when killed :P

Posted Image

About the Big Bad's right hand or the like, I don't have anyone in mind :c

• 2 months later...

If you couldn't tell by my avatar, my favorite is probably Margaret Moonlight from No More Heroes 2, I have a thing for Gothic Lolitas representing death

Second is probably Storm Eagle from Megaman X because he has a pretty significant role compared to most other mavericks

I'm probably going to have to go with Thanatos from Kid Icarus:Uprising. His personality is hilarious, plus he can shapeshift. Win :D

Palutena: "You're avoiding my question..."

Thanatos: "Uhh, what's that? You seem to be cutting out. La la LA la, I can't hear you!"

Pit: "It's tough to get a read on this guy. I can't tell if he's weird, or just...dim."

Thanatos: "WOOBWOOBWOOBWOOBWOOBWOOBWOOB"

Agent Merit from Syndicate is pretty awesome.  I feel like a bit of a psychopath for liking him as much as I do, but come on, he's a massive badass.  I guess he counts as minor because he's only an antagonist for part of the game and isn't actually the primary hostile force, even if he is a final boss.

Luke Atmey from Phoenix Wright 3. I love his Picasso-like figure, his ridiculous way of speaking, how he zooms in on you with his monocle. He's a great creation. But you also hate him too, which is what should be found in any good antagonist. After all, he did \murder Ron DeLite's boss and then get himself convicted of theft to face a minor charge\.

• Brohoof 3

Rico Jr from Dokapon Kingdom.

Most of you have probably never heard of him, or know what the hame is, doesn't matter, I WILL MARRY THAT MAN. He's such a loveable jerk.

Rico_jr..jpg

Edited by Skygunner
  • Brohoof 1

I enjoyed Sonia and the other major morph characters from Fire Emblem 7 (the first released outside of Japan).  They were so different.  It's like they kind of had a soul, but it was so dedicated to the major villain, Nergal, who created them, that you couldn't see much of it.  I don't know, it's odd.  I just thought that they were cool.

I noticed the mention of Pheonix Wright above, so I thought that I would mention one of my favorite antagonists from there.  Acro.  He just seems so human.  He's extremely likable, and you really feel bad for him.  I won't spoil anything else about it though.

• Brohoof 1

I'd have to say Green Goblin from the 1st Spiderman game. Not the best antagonist, but he always knew how to bring down Spiderman.

Edited by LightningDust

Francis from Super Paper Mario was just amazing.  I love the way his nerdiness forces him to talk to girls with RPG-style dialogue trees.

200px-Normal_lizardguy.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Luke Atmey from Phoenix Wright 3. I love his Picasso-like figure, his ridiculous way of speaking, how he zooms in on you with his monocle. He's a great creation. But you also hate him too, which is what should be found in any good antagonist. After all, he did \murder Ron DeLite's boss and then get himself convicted of theft to face a minor charge\.

Zvarri! The truth has once again been eligantly revealed to me! You definitely have a most excellent taste for favourite minor vilains. Am I wrong?

*ahem* but anyway, I too have a minor phoenix wright villain! Frank Sahwit, I CHOOSE YOU!

Not only does he look very oddly similar to the happy mask salesman, but he also has one of the most epic breakdowns ever... he throws his toupee at you!!!

Please note, spoilers for Gyakuten Kenji 2... if you speak Japanese, that is...

• Brohoof 1

I was rather fond of Zorn and Thorn, the creepy jester twins from Final Fantasy IX. They ran around constantly causing trouble and repeating each other, just changing the order of the words. (i.e. Zorn: "Hurry! We must go to see Queen Brahne!" Thorn: "To see Queen Brahne we must go. Hurry!") It was very satisfying when you finally got to kick their butts not once but twice, first while storming Castle Alexandria, and again when Kuja turned them into a disgusting monster.

As for worst minor antagonist, I would nominate President Vinzer Deling from Final Fantasy VIII. Remember him? If not I don't blame you. He was this corrupt politician they talked about at the very beginning of the game. The SeeDs were supposed to sneak onto a train and abduct him or something. But when you finally got into his train car, he basically trollfaced and turned into a zombie. Yep. =_= You kicked his ass in the resulting fight, and that was the last you ever heard of the President.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone

I was rather fond of Zorn and Thorn, the creepy jester twins from Final Fantasy IX. They ran around constantly causing trouble and repeating each other, just changing the order of the words. (i.e. Zorn: "Hurry! We must go to see Queen Brahne!" Thorn: "To see Queen Brahne we must go. Hurry!") It was very satisfying when you finally got to kick their butts not once but twice, first while storming Castle Alexandria, and again when Kuja turned them into a disgusting monster.

As for worst minor antagonist, I would nominate President Vinzer Deling from Final Fantasy VIII. Remember him? If not I don't blame you. He was this corrupt politician they talked about at the very beginning of the game. The SeeDs were supposed to sneak onto a train and abduct him or something. But when you finally got into his train car, he basically trollfaced and turned into a zombie. Yep. =_= You kicked his ass in the resulting fight, and that was the last you ever heard of the President.

That zombie was a fake. The real Vinzer Deling gets burnt alive during Edea's parade at the end of disc 1. Just thought I'd throw that out there

Minor Antagonists, eh? Hm...I actually have to think about this.

Personally, I liked most of the midbosses from The Legend of Zelda series. Especially that frog from Majora's Mask. The one that rides a turtle. And is annoying to kill sometimes.

...as a matter of fact, I liked MOST of LoZ's midbosses. I also really liked the Iron Knuckle bosses from Ocarina of Time, especially the one in the Spirit Temple. His intro was hilarious.

That zombie was a fake. The real Vinzer Deling gets burnt alive during Edea's parade at the end of disc 1. Just thought I'd throw that out there

So that's what happened to him! I didn't even remember that. Thanks.

So that was his full story. Shady politician, can't fight, zombie doppelganger, gets burnt alive. xD

I quite enjoyed Kefka in FF6, if he qualifies. As far as Ace Attorney, as that seems to be a common thing here, Morgan Fey. Oh no Dace Afforney spoilers don't read if you haven't completed them. She's quite a jerk. A good colleague for Dahlia "evil bitch" Hawthorne, if I do say so.

• 2 weeks later...

post-8595-0-62409100-1360262335.jpgHow 'bout these two f**ks their names are Ornstein and Smough if you own Dark souls you know why you have to fight both of them at the the same time ALSO when you kill one of them the other goes back to full health and get stronger MUCH stronger but when you did beat them you got the best feeling ever