Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wishing Equestria was Real

Flying Whales

(edited)

http://youtu.be/leNsfJ-yGK0

I couldn't think of a way to put into words my response... Anyway....

It would be a huge adjustment sure but, I'd take a few years to get my new found hooves on the ground as it were. Then I might try to get a job in the royal guard or at least some job in Canterlot castle. Just so I could work for the Princesses, and even if I rarely saw them, I could live with that :wub: .

Edited by Virgil_Harris
  • Brohoof 1

I've wished that MLP was real, because having ponies around me where I would just want to hug them it would be wonderful. I could probably try to become a Royal Guard.

• Brohoof 1

What are you talking about? MLP isn't real????!

Haha funny joke, but yeah I don't know what I would do if MLP weren't real.

Reality would be so lifeless and bland, I would be forced to live in a society of dog eat dog cut throats constantly fighting for the positions in a pyramid scheme.

I wish Celestia would have everypony study up on friendship. 

I've wished that MLP was real, because having ponies around me where I would just want to hug them it would be wonderful. I could probably try to become a Royal Guard.

Just spent the last 9 minutes in Equestria; unfortunately the Royal Guard frowns upon hugging other ponies on duty ( as well as attempting to touch Luna's mane....). Will keep checking for loopholes though :muffins: !

(edited)

Sorry, but I like my current reality. The technological innovations we've been privileged to grow up with are fascinating, and we may see even more within our lifetimes. There's also the fact my interests lie heavily in technology. Sure, I enjoy philosophy, sociology, and creative writing - all things likely available in Equestria -, but it feels like something would be missing without our current technologies.

Of course, I wouldn't be completely hostile to a 'rebirth' in Equestria. I would probably prefer to be born rather than simply 'pop' into existence, but if I was able to preserve my personality while integrating flawlessly into their society... Sure, why not? Same as here, just information is more difficult to get ahold of, and magic.

Though if I lived anywhere near Ponyville Pinkie Pie would probably drive me insane.

Edited by Durandal

A tricky question, at least for me. On the pro-Equestria side, having a Cutie Mark would be a great boon. Just look at your bum and you can get a hint of what to do. Plus, I love magic of just about any form so it a tremendous luxury if I'm a unicorn, though being an Earth Pony wouldn't completely disclude it, I saw Apple Bloom mixing potions. The folks all seem more genial and friendly, so even given the high likelihood of not meeting any known characters (unless you're in Ponyville), the folks would still be more amiable in my opinion. And I'd say that Celestia and Luna are immensely more involved and personal with citizens than, say, Obama or even my town's governor.

But there are reasons on the pro-reality side too. My joy lies in drawing and writing, and while my mind may not suffer, my skill with quill and ink are lacking, nevermind most likely having to use my mouth. And I'm intensely curious and rooted in the techno-age. I can't last two days without checking one of the multitude of forums I'm in. Plus, I've grown way to accustomed to being able to find whatever mind fancies on Google. And unfortunately, I'm rather slothful and avoid most physical activity.

All in all, like most continuities, I love looking from the outside in but unless I was pretty much born and raised there, I doubt I could thrive. But if I did grow up there, who knows how it might have affected my outlook. Perhaps were the tables turned, I.would be a pony contemplating the benefits of being human.

• Brohoof 1

Only every day of my life!

If I had to chose between living as a happy pony in the wonderful land of Equestria or living my boring and dull everyday life, of course I would pick being a pony. I would chose it so fast I wouldn't even think about it. I could use magic and meet Twilight Sparkle, that's all I would need to know.

We would so get married.

• Brohoof 2

I would LOVE to be able to go to Equestria. Even if it turned out that the Molestia version of Celestia was in charge. That's how badly I want to see my waifu Lyra  go to Equestria :)

Wouldn't Molestia being in charge be a bonus?

And yes, I would like to go to Equestria, as long as I retained my memories. If not, I would be born in Equestria, and would promptly become a fan of My Little Human: War is Magic and- You get the idea.

Hellyeah! It'd ditch this place in a heartbeat. Then feel guilt about leaving my family. But if I stayed I'd feel guilty about not going to the one place where I might belong. So go with whatever has the most benefits obviously.

@@Ellie, lol

personally I'm fine with living life here. If you really analyze ponies to an insane amount, Equestria still has many of the same issues that humans have which in general are stuff like greed, jealousy, anger, blah blah blah. While that isn't exactly war or genocide; very simple emotions that the ponies are capable of feeling are typically what leads to such terrible things.

Also, even if Equestria was a utopia... what's the fun in that? Seriously, a world that's perfect is a world that's boring. And also I like looking up cat videos on youtube too much to want to permanently live in Ponyland.

If I could tab in and out between the real world and Equestria, I would, but if I had to stay there until I die, then I'll have to say no. The idea of no Internet just bothers me, and since I spend a lot of time Photoshopping, the absence of a computer would drive me crazy.

Yes I would love to start a new life in Equestria. Preferably as a pegasus, though I wouldn't mind being a dragon or griffon. It's such a wonderful happy environment so many people would love to be in.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty sure there isn't a single user on this forum that would rather live this life than have MLP be real.  .3.

Apparently so, but I was curious to know how many people actually wanted to start a new life in Equestria. Some might like MLP but not like the idea. :P

@

Hi there - as it so happens, your thread is the same as this older one, so I've merged the two together for convenience. :)

I tried to use search before I created my thread...but couldn't find any. :blink:

• 2 months later...

Can't say that I blame you Whales. Our world, while it does have plenty of great things, kind of sucks in comparison to Equestria. And man, I've always wished that animated characters were really real, especially all of our beloved ponies. This world could be a far better and more fun place to live in if they lived in our reality.

I agree if animated characters were real and our beloved FiM ponies were in our world. That'll really make my life.

Now, the harder question...  If you got there in a dream, would you have the courage to draw yourself forth and cut the cord leading back to reality to stay...

I think I’m beginning to get to the point with this show where I’m starting to have fantasies of the Mane 6 and all of Equestria being real. I don’t think I’m alone here on this one. It’s just so disappointing that we can’t live in a world so ideal, and innocent. It just makes me kind of sad and a bit cynical. Everyday in Ponyville something exciting happens and everyone is friendly with each other, people help each other out, it's almost a utopia. Plus, my love for the show really makes me wish I can meet these characters, I can connect with all of them and feel as if they are friends of mine. With all of that said if any of you feel the same way how do you deal with it? Because right now it kind of stinks, I’d love to live in Ponyville and bake a cake with Pinkie Pie or buck some apples with AppleJack, hell, I’d even go shopping with Rarity or something. The show is just so amazing. It sucks none of it can be real. :(

Yeah, it'd be awesome, that's for damn sure.

I'm glad this isn't one of those "I'm crying, I'm dealing with life issues because Equestria isn't real" posts. I thought for sure this was one of those.