Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

• 2 weeks later...

I both listen to Audiobooks and read books. So... Here we go. 

On the Audiobook side of things, I'm reading the Fear Saga. Specifically, I'm almost done with the first in the series: Fear the Sky by Stephen Moss. I'm also listening to Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Which is the sequel to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Which is an amazing read by Douglas Adams by the way.

On the actual reading side of things, I'm currently reading a fantasy short story anthology called Diversity is Coming. I haven't gotten far through it yet, but the author gave it to me for free so I'm checking it out. I've also decided to progress a little bit more through my complete Sherlock Holmes collection. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's style of reading is very tiring for me so I need to take breaks from his stories. I'm almost half way through The Hound of the Baskervilles

Add all the pony fanfiction that I read because it's shorter, quicker, and free, and it's amazing I have time in my life for anything else!  :lol:

I'm currently reading "Dead Island". Some lame zombie book so far, hopefully it gets better.

Before that one, I read plenty of books I enjoyed. Sparkly dreaming Dexter or whatever the name was, was a great book and I could not put it down. Will be looking for the other two sequels for that one.

Then I read " What we left behind". A particularly special book about a genderqueer person and a girl, with their romantic problems and stuff. Fairly interesting, especially the characters.

Then also two books of Antonia Michaelis. Basically my advice is to read all her books. Do it.

• Brohoof 1

At my brother's recommendation, I am finally reading "The Time Ships" by Stephen Baxter. Released in 1995, it's a direct sequel to H.G. Well's "The Time Machine". It was officially authorized by the Wells estate to mark the centenary of  the original printing of the classic novel.

It's quite a fascinating read so far! It delves deep into causality, and how traveling through time is changing the very reality around the Time Traveler. As in the original, his name is never given. That is until he meets a younger version of himself, and calls him Moses. (His hated first name that he kept a secret from his adult friends)

Baxter kept the story very true to the feel of the original. One can easily imagine that Wells would have approved of his work.

I'm reading The Wolf Wilder, which I'm really enjoying! I'm almost at the end, and it's reaching its climax. I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends, as it is original with likeable and interesting characters and a lovely setting. :)

Edited by Wolves

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment I'm on book two of Lemony Snickets "A Series of Unfortanate Events"

I defiantly recommend it.

I'm also reading "Love Letters To The Dead" but I forgot who wrote it... I'll put it in once I figure it out... But I DEFIENTLY recommend this book. It's very touching and realistic and I can't get enough! I'm actually working on editing a book so I can get it published, but that's not important at the moment. :)

Everypony have a ponyrific day/night!

..Um FanFiciton? Does that count?

I don't read normal books...

OH my Irene you get me! I've read mostly fanfiction for the past three months and finished over 40

Oopsie? Mostly Doctor Who and HarryPotter. Throwing some other junk in there as well, but it's quiet lovely how many scenes you can put the same character in and it always comes out nicely.

I am currently reading Mein Kampf, yes you heard me. I am a WWII Freak, and reading the book gives me some understanding of what was in that little head of Adolf Hitler's. But other than that I am reading The Martian and the novel based off of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

• Brohoof 1

I am currently reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra, by Nietzsche(this name is more difficult to write than it seems).

In the recent weeks, I went on a personal research of modern philosophy, and now it is the turn for him to go through my eyes. I am looking quite forward for this reading due for how some of his most iconic ideologies (the death of God and the Übermensch) were made popular by this book, and their impact on the future of humanity, specially for the latter.

• Brohoof 1

I am reading Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson.  I am only on the first book but it's pretty good.  I have not read any Manga in a while but I still have my collection.  Cardcaptor Sakura, Saiyuki, and Fruits Basket are my favorites.

I'm currently reading The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness, a novel based upon the lives of this group of friends who are surrounded by the ordinary heroes vs. villains scenario from their day-to-day lives. It's supposed to be demonstrating that while the heroes are out saving the world from being destroyed, the bystanders who are trying to live normally are just tired with their shit, hence the title The Rest of Us Just Live Here. It's pretty funny.

Edited by Holiday

I am reading on Norse mythology book on the practice called "Seiðr". I probably wont have time reading it in easter holiday. But after it i think i will. Hopefully before it gets more sunny. I am not much in reading mood when it is nice weather outside :)