Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Favorite Songs From The Show

Flutterguy1

Now this is a difficult choice. There are so many brilliant songs in FiM, it's hard to pick just one... all and all I'd have to say my favourite is...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrXMOSkBas

Smile Smile Smile! It's just so happy, I really can't help but smile when I hear it. It really does an amazing job of explaining why I love Pinkie oh so much.

This Day Aria and Becoming Popular are right at it's heels though!

• Brohoof 1

Definitely Big Brother Best Friend Forever. It's just so adorable!! The first time I saw the floating heads of the rest of the mane six all singing the chorus together, I swear I was this close to just dying.

i might be mistaken but i think winter wrap up might be one of the most remixed songs in the show since it flows from one vocal to the next so well :P

anyway, one song (even though it had no lyrics) i had hoped for a longer extended version of when i first heard was the BGM for the iron pony competition during 'fall weather friends'.

other than that, rarity's 'becoming popular' song is was also pretty catchy

This Day Aria definitely, but as someone's already posted it Flim Flam Brothers is also very very close. Very.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssl1RxwMWNA

As for BG music, this part is epic. Seriously, chills.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4JvFtqfjmQ

Also, if Rainbow Dash's solo in At the Gala was made into a full song, that would be SO. AWESOME and it would definitely be the best song.

Edited by Rarietty

Didn't say it had to be english sooo........

I love the italian intro even though I can't understand it it still sounds nice and looks good and is much better than the english one in my opinion.

Edited by Dasher

A new thread regarding the best song, i.e., favorite song, in the series was merged with this thread. Anything pertaining to favorite songs should be posted in this thread, unless otherwise stipulated. :)

• Brohoof 1

The Flim Flam Brothers' Song (though I personally think "Opportunity is a much better title) is highly, highly underrated.

The unconventional rhythms, the way it slowly ramps up to a big finale, the way the lyrics flow, and last but not least Granny Smith's (totally badass) solo make it tough to beat, no matter how catchy some of the others are.

My favorite from Season 1, however, is "Art of the Dress", mainly due to Ingram's insane ability to base a song on a showtune from a highly unconventional and stylized show and make it digestible for a G-rated cartoon audience. And the lyrics are some of the least cheesy of any of the songs.

"Smile" also hold a special place in my heart, for being the most effective audible antidepressant there is.

Edited by Pony Joe

I never really liked it in movies and tv shows when characers break out in song. But for some reason it works with My Little Pony. I acualy like almost every son so far, and my favorite is Hush now, quiet now by Sweetie Bell. What about you, did you ever feel this way? what is your favorite song from the show?

I to have never really been fond of songs in television, especially children shows, but Friendship is Magic manages to have songs that are both listenable and enjoyable. Just goes to show how talented Daniel Ingram really is.

My favorite is still Winter Wrap Up. I remember watching that for the first time when it aired after a friend bugged me to watch the show for the first time. I was ready to critique the show to the ground, but that song actually was well done and entertaining and the episode itself was enjoyable, so I started from the beginning and here I am now. Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 is a close second, though.

Well I love Disney musicals, but most TV shows don't do it right. Another show the person that did the music for this one worked on was Martha SPeaks on PBS. There was a fantastic musical episode and I highly recommend it, also an excellent animation. My favorite songs are Pinkie Pie's smile song as well as Winter Wrapup. As a lover of nature and the Earth, I can't help but love Winter Wrapup!

Well I love Disney musicals, but most TV shows don't do it right. Another show the person that did the music for this one worked on was Martha SPeaks on PBS. There was a fantastic musical episode and I highly recommend it, also an excellent animation. My favorite songs are Pinkie Pie's smile song as well as Winter Wrapup. As a lover of nature and the Earth, I can't help but love Winter Wrapup!

My younger sister was watching Martha Speaks, so I sat down and watched a few minutes. It wasn't half bad. Sure, it wasn't really structured or as well written as other shows, but I somewhat enjoyed it.

Isn't the voice actress for Applebloom a character in that show?

I've always not enjoyed musicals. It just sort of makes it feel weird. However, there are some exceptions, the most obvious is My Little Pony. When I first started the show, I wasn't too fond of the songs, but over time, I started to appreciate them more (even more after I heard more fan remixes/covers) and are now one of my favourite parts of the show.

I don't really know my favourite song, I like pretty much all of them, some more than others, but I suppose I would have to pick Love Is In Bloom, just because it is super catchy.

When I was about to watch the show I knew there were going to be songs and I thought I was going to hate them. When I heard the opening, really enjoyed it. Don't know why, it was just a good song. Then when I heard the other songs, I enjoyed all of those to. Mostly due to them being silly and fun to listen to. Some I liked because they were powerful.

Favorite would be smile, smile, smile.

I rather don't like songs in the middle of show, I usually just skip them. My first thought when I find out that MLP has songs was "oh god, this is going to suck".

Surprisingly I really like these song. Music in MLP just seem to be really well done, that's all.

My younger sister was watching Martha Speaks, so I sat down and watched a few minutes. It wasn't half bad. Sure, it wasn't really structured or as well written as other shows, but I somewhat enjoyed it.

Isn't the voice actress for Applebloom a character in that show?

Oh yeah she might be in the show. Martha Speaks is animated by the same company in Vancouver, Studio B/ DHX Media. If your sister is watching, it's worth joining her to watch sometime. I find it very relaxing and funny. The music is really special in MLP, I can't wait to see what happens this season.

I literally decided to become a part of the fandom right after I watched Winter Wrap Up the first time and heard the song in the episode. That said, I love musicals. Some of my favorite movies are musicals or Disney movies, and I'm an avid fan of mainstream Broadway stuff such as Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, Les Misérables, Avenue Q, Into the Woods and the like.

That said, I hate it when shows for kids just put in horrible songs just for the sake of having a song, but knowing that the music for MLP is always epic, the songs are actually one of things I'm most excited about when a new episode is coming. I recall hearing This Day Aria for the first time while watching Canterlot Wedding and pretty much declairing, "Okay, this is the best episode ever."

Also, about Martha Speaks, I haven't watched it, but Daniel Ingram composes both the background music and writes the vocal songs. Is the music any good?

Edited by Rarietty

I love all the songs. Even the Flim-Flam brother's song. :P

I always wished secretly that me and classmates would one day break break out into a song, and everyone would be dancing and singing. Pretty stupid, but that's what I honestly wish. I thought it would be cool, especially since we are started auditions for our school play. But nopony in my class likes those types of songs, only Eminem or One Direction....but, nothing wrong with dreaming!

Also, I love the Disney songs too. Of course, MLP songs as well! But both those shows are full of songs, and I love hearing them. When MLP does songs, it's not the cheesy girly type songs you'd expect. The songs are actually well-written and I hope they have more songs in season 3!