Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Movie Discussion

Espionage

By no means confirmed, but if this is true... guess I need to eat my hat. I was set in my belief that the 13 episode season would have no form of "compensation" for the lack of 26 episodes. And the thought of a movie was just ludicrous.

Not so much anymore, I suppose. Still highly skeptical, though. Very likely this DVD description could just be a mislabeling of the Crystal Ponies DVD.

Except TopDraw has nothing to do with selling DVDs, only episodes. This sounds like something that will be DVD exclusive or at the very least first to DVD.

I knew there would be a movie at one point... Like there was MLP treehouse live... So I a movie on the big screen... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

But it's only 60min... Wtf... That dosnt sound right... It should be 1.5 hrs...

I'll be more excited when I see some particulars. Right now, it's merely speculation.

I really wish they would release a generation four MLP film in the theaters, though. Not only would it be fantastic (anything with ponies and a big screen is bound to be awesome), but there would be the added tension of having to potentially request tickets for a MLP movie. Then again, there is Fandango.

I bet a MLP: FIM film would do surprisingly well in theaters.

• Brohoof 2

OMG PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

A MLP movie would not only explain but justify a shortened Season 3. If it exists and makes it to a nationwide release--unlikely, I know--we shall flood the theaters and show them the power of bronies.

And there's no way anyone can even slightly believe the world is ending on 12/21. Not even the Mayans believed that, it was just as far ahead as they bothered to schedule their calendar. Besides, if the world ended then it would cut into Season 3.

The ponies will not allow it.

• Brohoof 2

It says 1x66 not 3x22. Should mean one continuous run of something. Not 3 features. I don't know what to think, I thought the short season what basd on the fact that the hub originally ordere 2.5 seasons for MLP and didn't expect this success.

It sounds like an OVA for sure. But whether it's FiM or not, we'll probably just have to wait and see. But if it is, I wonder what the plot will be.

I talked about the possibility of a movie before, but in all honesty, I don't know what kind of plot they'd go with if this was indeed true. But it would explain why they've only got 13 episodes this season.

It was only a matter of time for the movie to materialize and if not with this, than soon enough. Actually, I think I'd be fine with half seasons if we could at least get a movie in there.

Somehow my guts say it's just the same thing as the Season Finale. Just a few episodes stringed together, not some epic move Y'all wanted it to be :lol:

Yeah, I just saw that the running time was 66 minutes. That's about how long three episodes are. So this could just be a DVD release with some episodes.

So, I was having a conversation about bronies with my dad, who for the life of him can't understand why the show is so popular. I'll spare you guys a full transcript of the conversation (mainly because I don't have one) and cut right to the chase:

At one point he said, 'At some point some man sitting behind a desk at Hasbro is going to say 'Hey, MLP:FiM is really popular, let's make a CGI movie of it and let Hollywood handle it', and it will put you off for life.

Naturally I laughed in his face. Anyway, this got me thinking. If there was indeed a MLP:FiM movie made, and as my dad suggested, it has handled by Hollywood, made via CGI, with big name Hollywood stars voicing the characters as opposed to the VAs we all know and love (Tara Strong, Andrea Libman, etc,) the show's current writing staff not being involved in the conception of the plot and DHX having nothing to do with it, how would you guys react?

Would you just look at it and shake your heads disapprovingly and go back to the ponies we all know and love like I told my dad we'd do? Would you go into rage-mode and rant about it to anybody that'll listen? Would you watch it out of morbid curiosity? Discuss! I myself would probably watch it out of that morbid curiosity that seems to plague me, and then proceed to not care about it afterwards and go back to my beloved flash-animated ponies.

(By the by, I apologise if this is in the wrong place, it's my first thread and I don't really have a firm grip of where everything is supposed to go. I think I'm in the right place though.)

I hate to be a pessimist, but many TV shows that were made into movies turned out to be big failures. It either became the demise of the TV show or gave a bad vibe to the show for anyone who's never heard of it (see Doug's First Movie and Hey Arnold: The Movie). It's not to say I want that to happen to MLP. The only way it would work would be to either make it a TV-direct movie or find a way to provide enough advertising and enticement for the general audience to watch.

I would cringe but I still might go see it unless the previews looked abysmal. It might depend on who the voice actors were too because of they drastically changed anypony's voice or personality I would rage. Just don't give the movie to Michael Bay

First of all My Little Pony: friendship is magic would look so bad in CGI. I would a movie but i like the normal animation. They did something like this with Winks Club. And the movie look horrible.

Huh, Winx Club... I remember that. And yeah, I told my dad that if a movie was made Hasbro would let DHX handle the animation if they are at all smart. The beautiful animation is one of the major reasons a lot of people like the show.

I would cringe but I still might go see it unless the previews looked abysmal. It might depend on who the voice actors were too because of they drastically changed anypony's voice or personality I would rage. Just don't give the movie to Michael Bay

I recall him mentioning something about them getting James Cameron or the guy that directed the Lord of The Rings movies to direct it, and bringing up names like Robin Williams as voice actors... like I said, I laughed in his face.

Would it even be FIM? I mean, if they did everything you said change the voice actors, different writers, make it in CGI, changed all of it, but kept the name of the show and characters, would it be are show? :blink:

If I saw a poster like that or a trailer, I would just think that it's different season they were going to try or a remake. Still I would not see it.

I would totally watch it! Especially if one of the major companies like Dreamworks or Pixar was behind it. Hey, even if it isn't good, at least it would be one of the very few CGI animated movies out there with female protagonists!

Watch it. Then.

Burn. It. With. Fire.

No seriously.

Hollywood would make its terrible. They would ruin it. We love our current VAs and the animation and the writers. Get rid of that and its not even the same show anymore.

The shows good because of that, and because of Lauren and her pitch bible.

Hollywood would do whatever they want do to their creative lincese, they aint gonna follow the bible, teh writers are just gonna mess up the characters and evrything, tehe animation won't be the same, and the VAs aint gonna be even remotely good or the same.

Basically it will be a piece of shit simply horrid, It aint even gonna be the same show anymore. They would ruin the innocence and story and well... EVERYTHING about the show. They better not do it.

The only show to have a good movie apear in theaters, was the Spongebob Movie. and Rugrats. But i think the show started from that movie right? no wait... nah i don't remember.

• Brohoof 1