Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Mane Six in Hogwarts

Silverwisp the Bard

(edited)

Twilight- Ravenclaw

Fluttershy -Hufflepuff or Gryffindor- Brave isn't just for people who like jumping off bridges, it's also conquering little fears. (like dragons)

Rarity - Ravenclaw -May seem crazy but you have to remember the diamond dogs episode. Out witting the bad guys takes wits.

Rainbow Dash- Gryffindor

Pinkie Pie- Hufflepuff

Applejack- Gryffindor or Hufflepuff-  Honesty for Hufflepuff or Loyalty for Gryffindor? I can't decide.

Although now that I think about it, all the mane six could be any or all of the houses.

Edited by #1FluttershyFan
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Why the hell is everyone putting Rarity in Slytherin? :\ Isn't that where all the douchebags go?

Not exactly, no. While it may have been founded by a racist douche, and while the young Dark Lord was in it, Rarity's traits actually match that of a Slytherin. Take a look:

Slytherins tend to be ambitious, shrewd, cunning, strong leaders, and achievement-oriented. They also have highly developed senses of self-preservation.

This means that Slytherins tend to hesitate before acting, so as to weigh all possible outcomes before deciding exactly what should be done.

Sounds alot like Rarity, dontcha think? :)

(That was weird, a Ravenclaw-like person defending Slytherin. 0_o

Anyway, time to get OT:

Griffindor:

Rainbow Dash

Scootaloo

Lightning Dust

Gilda

Lyra Heartstrings

Ravenclaw:

Twilight Sparkle

Doctor Whooves

Spike

Sweetie Drops / Bon Bon

Octavia Melody

Slytherin:

Rarity

Sapphire Shores

Discord

Vinyl Scratch

Trixie

Hufflepuff:

Fluttershy

Applejack

Applebloom

Sweetie Belle 

And there you have it.

Edited by Nymphia
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Twilight Sparkle: Ravenclaw

Rarity: Slytherin

Applejack: Gryffindor

Rainbow Dash: Hufflepuff

Fluttershy: Gryffindor or Hufflepuff

Pinkie Pie: Slytherin

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

Slytherin:

Rarity

Discord

Trixie

Sorry if I have a bit of a problem with grouping a character who has been proven to be generous and goodhearted most of the time, flaws or not, being grouped with those two.

I just wanted to say that I have no opinion on this, because I didn't even read the first book all the way through and therefore have no idea which one is which.  The only reason that I even know about multiple houses is because of the internet and some of my younger friends who insist that I need to read/watch Harry Potter or should forfeit my claim as a geek/nerd/whatever.

Derpy - Hufflepuff

Spike - Either Gryffindor or Hufflepuff

DJ Pon3 - Ravenclaw (no actual reason, I can just imagine her being smart)

Trixie - Slytherin

Rainbow Dash - Gryffindor

Twilight Sparkle - Gryffindor

Fluttershy - Gryffindor

Pinkie Pie - Gryffindor

Rarity - Gryffindor

Applejack - Gryffindor

Princess Celestia would definitely be the headmaster. 

• Brohoof 1

As y'all recall, people can have multiple attributes of multiple houses, and even people who would fit in one can be placed in another (Why was Hermione in Gryffindor instead of Ravenclaw? Harry himself has Slytherin's qualities according to The sorting Hat, but he CHOSE Gryffindor and the Hat conceded) Slytherin is pretty standardly the evil one. As Ron says "There's not an evil witch or wizard who wasn't in Slytherin."

I feel Rarity and Dashie would CHOOSE Gryffindor rather than just let it put them in Slytherin.

I completely forgot so many! Can't do Octavia or Cheese Sandwhich since I still haven't seen any episodes with them.

And remember, Discord got reformed, makes me think of Snape. So yeah, Slytherin isn't all evil. Just about 99% of them.

Derpy: Gryffindor - She reminds me of Neville.

Vinyl Scratch: Hufflepuff - Helga Hufflepuff "took all the rest."

Discord - Slytherin

Snips - Slytherin

Snails - Slytherin

Celestia - Ravenclaw (Although She'd be headmaster)

Luna - Gryffindor (McGonnagal's job would be Luna's)

Diamond Tiara (ugh I can't stand her) - Slytherin

Silver Spoon - Slytherin

Babs Seed - Slytherin or Gryffindor - Can't decide.

Granny Smith - Hufflepuff ("When Ah was a filly, Ah was in Hufflepuff!")

Spike - Gryffindor, though the hat would go Harry-style on him and attempt Slytherin.

Sombra - Who I consider the Voldemort of the MLP-verse, an obvious Slytherin.

Cadence - Hufflepuff

Shining Armor - Gryffindor

Chrysalis - Slytherin

I made a list of characters in MLP and their Potter Counterpart Character, if y'all want to see :) I call it My Little Potter :)

(edited)

Sorry if I have a bit of a problem with grouping a character who has been proven to be generous and goodhearted most of the time, flaws or not, being grouped with those two.

True that Slytherin's produced a lot of bad apples, but not everyone associated with that house is irredeemably vile. As Harry would later put it to his son: "You were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."

Anyway, I'd sort the Mane 6 thusly:

Twilight - Ravenclaw [intellect] or Hufflepuff [hard work, patience]

Rarity - Hufflepuff [hard work] or Slytherin [ambition, resourcefulness]

Rainbow - Slytherin [ambition] or Gryffindor [nerve, daring]

Fluttershy - Hufflepuff [patience]

Applejack - Hufflepuff [hard work, fair play]

Pinkie - Slytherin [because that would be hilarious]

And because she actually doesn't seem to embody any of the main qualities of these houses.

...Huh. Surprised myself to find that a lot of them are Hufflepuff material.

Edited by The Thrashy One
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Ravenclaws:

Twilight - [intelligence]

Vinyl Scratch [Creativity]

Octavia [Creativity]

Doctor Whooves [Wit]

Zecora [Wit]

Celestia [Wisdom, Headmaster]

Slytherins:

Rarity [Achievement Oriented]

Pinkie - [Resourcefulness]

Trixie - [Ambition]

Sunset Shimmer [Ambition]

Discord [Leadership]

Flim and Flam [Resourcefulness]

Gryffindors:

Rainbow -  [Daring]

Applejack - [bravery]

Spike [Chivalry]

Luna [Chivalry]

Shining Armor [Chivalry]

Hufflepuffs:

Fluttershy -  [Patience]

Derpy [Hard Work]

Coco Pommel [Hard Work]

Cadence

Note that Slytherin does not have all the dark wizards (and therefore evil. See Peter Pettigrew as a Gryffindor and Quirinus Quirrell was a Ravenclaw). It was just easier for Voldemort to recruit from his own house than it was from the other houses.

Edited by Carbon Maestro
  • Brohoof 3

Mixing Harry Potter with ponies?  It's like a dream come true!

Princess Twilight Sparkle

Ravenclaw or Gryffindor

While Twilight's brains make her suited for Ravenclaw, her love and respect for historic figures is more Gryffindor.

Applejack

Hufflepuff

Rainbow Dash

Gryffindor

While her ambitions would suit her for Slytherin, she would prefer to be in Gryffindor.

Rarity

Ravenclaw

A tricky one.  She is quite ambitious, but not to the point where she'd be suited for Slytherin.  She's most interested in self-expression.  She's not overly brave nor accepting.  Ravenclaw is the best fit for her.

Fluttershy

Hufflepuff

Pinkie Pie

Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw

While her acceptance of others makes her great for Hufflepuff, she is also quite brilliant in her own way.

Spike

Gryffindor

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Twilight: Ravenclaw. Twilight Sparkle is well known for her intellect. She loves reading books. I can bet you anything that if she knew what the Ravenclaw common room looks like. (It has a library.) She would beg the hat to put her in Ravenclaw. 

Applejack: Hufflepuff. Hard working, honest, fair, patient. (Kind of needed to be a farmer.) unafraid of toil. Those are all Hufflepuff traits and traits Applejack has. 

Rainbow Dash: Gryffindor. She would charge at an enemy head on, she would be the first to stand up for her friends, she would probably sacrifice herself to save her friends if it ever came down to it.

Rarity: Slytherin. She is definitely ambitious. She is pretty cunning using her charm to get what she wants. She was also able to enslave the diamond dogs. She is resourceful, too. She was able to control the diamond dogs quickly, she was able to quickly find new ideas when Suri stole her original ideas, and there are probably more examples. 

Fluttershy: Hufflepuff. She is kind and fair. She definitely works hard taking care of animals. She is tolerant of others. 

Pinkie Pie: Ravenclaw. "Pinkie Pie, you're a genius!"~Twilight. (Multiple times.) She may be crazy, but she has proven multiple times to be very intelligent. She is creative in expressing herself. She was able to figure out that laughing at the trees was a good idea. She knew how to get rid of the parasprites. She may seem dense, but Pinkie Pie may just be smarter than Twilight. 

I would be a Slytherin by the way. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this a lot so here are my thoughts

Twilight-Ravenclaw because she is so smart, although she could be like Hermione And be in Griffindor

Applejack- Hufflepuff because they are kind, loyal and hard working

Fluttershy- Also Hufflepuff, mostly because of the 'kindness' thing

Rainbow dash- Gryffindor, they are brave, chivalrous, and have strong wills

Pinkie Pie-the hardest for me to place, I think I finally settled on Ravenclaw because they are witty, accepting and unique. Very unique. Remember Luna Lovegood?

Rarity- rarity was honestly almost as hard as pinkie for me, though mostly just between two houses. She is creative like Ravenclaw and ambitious like slytherin, who are in no way any more evil than the other houses. In the end I placed her cunning resourcefulness in slytherin.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

• Twilight in Ravenclaw, a rather obvious choice.

Pinkie Pie in Ravenclaw, she's actually pretty intelligent, and although their personalities are different she reminds me a lot of Luna Lovegood. Besides, she's good with riddles, so she could enter the common room easily.

Rainbow Dash in Slytherin, another obvious choice. She could also be a good Griffyndor though.

Rarity in Slytherin, she's definitely very ambitious.

Applejack in Hufflepuff, she fits the criteria perfectly, she's hard-working, kind and loyal.

Fluttershy in Hufflepuff, she also fits the criteria.

Edited by Baykush
  • Brohoof 1

Anybody want to discuss the impact that MLP characters would have on Hogwarts and the wizarding world in general?

(Edit) I guess not. :diamondtiara:
Anyway, I have to disagree with a lot of people here about Pinkie Pie. I will argue to the end of time that she would be in Slytherin. Pinkie is deceptively cunning, and you can't tell me that wanting to befriend every being in existence isn't ambitious. I bet she'd beg the Sorting Hat to put her there just so she could lighten up the place. She'd probably be the longest hat-stall in history.

As for favorite class, I highly doubt it would be Divination. Pinkie has always been a "go with the flow" sort, and she's never really showed interest in figuring out how her Pinkie Sense works. I think her favorite would be Potions since it's basically cooking, something she's really good at.

Edited by CobaltFossil

• 1 month later...

Twilight Sparkle

House: Ravenclaw

Wand: Unicorn hair/Elderwood

Favorite class: Arithmancy/History Of Magic

Applejack

House: Hufflepuff

Wand: Phoenix feather/Applewood

Favorite class: Herbology

Fluttershy

Wand: Unicorn hair/Acaciawood

Favorite class: Care Of Magical Creatures

Rarity

House: Slytherin

Wand: Dragon heartstring/Elmwood

Favorite class: Transfiguration

Rainbow Dash

House: Gryffindor

Wand: Dragon heartstring/Cedarwood

Favorite class: Flying/Defense Against The Dark Arts

Pinkie Pie

Wand: Phoenix feather/Dogwood

Favorite class: Potions

Spike

Wand: Unicorn hair/Alderwood

Favorite class: Defense Against The Dark Arts

Apple bloom

Wand: Unicorn hair/Firwood

Favorite class: Herbology/Potions

Sweetie Belle

Wand: Dragon heartstring/Maplewood

Favorite class: Charms

Scootaloo

House: Gryffindor

Wand: Phoenix feather/Redwood

Favorite class: Flying/History Of Magic(surprisingly)

Sunset Shimmer

Wand: Phoenix feather/Blackthornwood

Favorite class: Defense Against The Dark Arts

Starlight Glimmer

Wand: Dragon heartstring/Aspenwood

Favorite class: Ancient Runes

As an aside, does anybody else think it would be hilarious if Pinkie turned the Chamber Of Secrets into a party database like she has at home?

• 6 months later...

I am going to do this by a joined house naming conventions

Twilight Sparkle Slytheclaw

Rarity is Slytherclaw

Applejack is Gryffinpuff

Pinkie Pie is Ravenpuff

Rainbow Dash is Slyttherdor

Fluttershy is Ravenpuff