Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would you take to the Grand Galloping Gala?

LyraHeartstrings

Assuming I got a ticket, it would mean I'm in freaking Equestria! Which means I'm a pony! Which means I'd definitely take the most beautiful pony of all:

TOM DAN!

Rarity.

Or more likely, I just wouldn't go, sell the tickets, and enjoy being a pony (hopefully a unicorn.)

Lol,there are pony scalpers?

Accually, Seeing how terrible the Grand Galloping Gala is ( was ) I wouldn`t recommed Taking anypony. But, i`d Choose Luna... She Needs More Love & Attention don`t you think? Besides she needs time getting use to the new modern world of today`s society...

Applejack to me seemed unrealistic choice as not only did she have poor prospects of selling food in already established party with catering services but also because the high society environment would not have been a pleasurable hangout for her in any scenario.

Pinkie Pie would have been more optimal choice as she can derive joy out of almost any situation and if she'd had another pony (moi) to freak out with, she'd likely been more successful at her attempt to get the party going.

Twilight, in situation where she'd been otherwise excluded from the guest list would have had been unable to get much joy out of such giant social even requiring a level of social prowess, making her time there miserable in the end.

Rarity would have had the highest suitability and enjoyment from the entire celebration, as well as chance to showcase her designs to potential customers making her optimal choice. Also her gratitude for such deed would have brought forth most generous return of favour. Which of the entire group makes her the one I would have taken there.

Rainbow Dash would have made a fine accompaniment to there too but her enjoyment in such situation would have been severely reduced due the attentions being elsewhere than on her. So she'd been better off not going as well.

Fluttershy would have had other chances to visit the gardens of the palace anyhow, so her reason to visit the place, during loud festivities including a lot of ponies, noises fireworks and other factors making animals nervous and stressed and less receptive was not well thought, making her enjoyment as well minimal out of the situation and likely even depressing as she'd have either options to sit alone, with me, or tolerate crowded locations. So I could not impose such on her.

All in all Rarity would win in the end and the fun could be doubled.

Well, if I were to take a pony based off of their given reasons, I honestly wouldn't take Applejack. It isn't that I don't appreciate that she wants to help the Apple family; I just wouldn't want to take a pony to the Gala only to not get to spend any time with them actually IN the Gala because they're outside selling Apples. Besides, Applejack can sell her apples just as well back in Ponyville.

I would probably take Pinkie Pie based on their given reasons, simply for the fact that she wants to party, and that would equate to a good time with her, rather than A) Sitting around an apple stand, B ) Listening to Twilight talk to Celestia, C) Getting dumped by Rarity for a prince, D) Being ignored by Dashie in favor of the Wonderbolts or E) Walking around in the garden and listening to Fluttershy complain that the animals don't love her.

However, if the pony's given reasons were out of the picture, I would take Fluttershy. She is the cutest pony, and also I just love her personality.

Edited by NicolaiB_92

• 4 months later...

And here appears the Strapping Young Lad, with the revival of a thread that has been buried deep within the hills of the Show Discussion.

For kicks, I'd probably take Cranky Doodle and Matilda to the Gala in an attempt to bring back some missed memories (and to relive some, granted things don't go haywire again. ;) ) If not, I'd also take either Applebloom, Zecora, or even (the punchline) Vinyl Scratch, to see how a pony who isn't very interested in staying in very high class events would hold up. Especially in Zecora's case, who should have the potential to last but doesn't go either way, and Vinyl's case since she's used to (what I'm assuming is) clubs and festivals involving lots of ear shattering music and liquor.

In a serious manner, I'd go with Fluttershy or Rarity. Rarity being the fanciest little mare of all Ponyville, I'd bet she'd have a grand ol' time socializing with high class ponies that seem to know what they're talking about. Fluttershy, however, is a different case. With her being a quiet pony, I'd bet taking her to something as big as this and then going to a quieter part of the castle would be more relaxed and calming than going around saying stuff like "OH WHY GREETINGS OLD CHAP! I SAY, ISN'T IT A RAVISHING EVENING TODAY, TO BE IN A GALA AS DIVINE AS THIS AND TO TALK IN VOICES LIKE THIS? I SAY, THIS IS MOST DELIGHTFUL!", which I didn't like either way.

Note: This is assuming that my original choices (Octavia, Fancy Pants [i think his name was], Fleur De Lis) were already there for another reason. This is also assuming that I don't have a choice in going, because in all honesty I wouldn't go.

Twilight Sparkle, probably. She's not as.. um.. hyperactive as Pinkie Pie. But at any other event I'd pick Pinkie!

I've said time and time again how Fluttershy is my favorite pony because we have a lot in common, etc. However, I would probably take Twilight in this situation (sorry Fluttershy D;) because I feel like it would be fun just to talk to her considering how smart she is. Intelligence is a huge turn on for me, and having deep conversations with somepony is one of my favorite things to do! Although it could be fun going with Pinkiepie, I'm not a very outgoing person in that kind of situation, without the right amount of alcohol at least. xP