Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favorite Disney songs

Dusty Soul

Yes, I'm talking about the classic Disney.   Disney has made some great movies with some even better songs.  IMO one of the best soundtracks from any movie was the Hunchback of Notredame, with some awesome songs such as "God Help THe Outcasts" and "Hellfire".  These songs were amazing IMO.  So what are your favorite Disney songs?

• Brohoof 1

When you get in trouble
And you don't know right from wrong
GIVE A LITTLE WHISTLE~

Yeah, the above. Pinocchio is my favourite classic Disney film, and Give A Little Whistle is a humorous yet meaningful song that somehow works on a literal level - singing about following your conscience, and in this case there is a literal conscience to follow :D

• Brohoof 1

Hell,anything from Aladdin is gold in my book.Robin Williams is amazing at making anything funny. :wub:

My other two top Disney songs are "I'll Make A Man Out of You" from Mulan and "Hakuna Matata" from The Lion King.I miss old Disney...

• Brohoof 2

Hunchback of Notredame was tastefully dark, though it is not in my top list of Disney.

Hm, Under the Sea is amazing. Equally is Little Town, aka Belle's song, aka "Bonjour!"

The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast kind of are the best two 2D Disney films. That's my childhood and many others too.

There are so many man it's hard to choooooooooose!

Edited by Party Cannon

I think my favorite song was from Sleeping beauty where the princess is singing "I know you." And then the prince joins in and starts dancing with her.

I can never remember the name of the song, but I can remember the words and the scene perfectly. Definitely my favorite.

Second favorite would be the Magic carpet ride song from Aladin.

• Brohoof 2

Wow...so many good songs I recall.  I could likely say "Circle of life" or "Whole New World" but I'll just say perhaps...

"I'll make a man out of you" from Mulan.  Why? Because it just seems like that type of song that can really get stuck in your head, in my opinion.

When someone is speaking and uses the words for example, "Okay.  Now let's get down to business!"

I can't help but continue with "To defeat the huns!~"

• Brohoof 2

"I'll make a man out of you" from Mulan.  Why? Because it just seems like that type of song that can really get stuck in your head, in my opinion.

Oh man I can't believe I forgot to list that one as one of my favorites.  I love the intensity of the vocals.  

I forgot to add the songs from Tarzan!  Phil Collins is the BEST!  

"God Help THe Outcasts" and "Hellfire".

Dear sir you have a very good and refined taste in Disney music. I also love hellfire but the difference is that I watched all of the Disney song as a kid in spanish, Latin American version so #1 I would exhort all of you to listen to those versions and #2 maybe that’s why some of these are out of your list.

• Hellfire (Fuego de Infierno)
  • Colors of the wind (original english version is far superior)
  •  I Wont Say Im In Love (No dire que es amor)
  • A Phony King of England (El Rey Ingles Pelele)
  • Dig a Little Deeper(original english version is far superior)
  • The Outcasts (Los marginados)

I would also gave a shout out for the DreamWorks Animation movies like the Prince of Persia and The road to El Dorado those also got astonishing songs

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 2

Snip

I actually have never listened to any of the Latin American versions of any Disney songs, and in all honesty I actually find it adds more intensity to the song.  Thanks for introducing me to these versions, as I probably never would'v listened to it.  I got to go check out some other ones.  I love Colors of the wind I actually just listened to that in a nostalgic journey across Youtube, likewise for I won't say I'm in love.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for introducing me to these versions, as I probably never would'v listened to it.

Thank you for being open about this, the truth is that the work of those behind dubbing this films is amazing, when compared to the original versions the lyrics are almost the same or close to the same meaning and never as a kid noticed a wrong timing or error.

Im glad you enjoy it   ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Classic disney has some fantastic songs!  It's hard to choose just one... I'd have to agree on I'll Make A Man Out Of You form Mulan, it's so catchy and fun to sing!  In my group of friends, whenever someone makes a comment about "being a man" someone will always start up the chorus of that song and before long we're all singing along!  :lol:

-May have to dust off the old Disney movies now!

Disney makes great songs. :P

Here are a few of my favorites:

Aladdin - A Whole New World

Mulan - Honor to Us All, Reflection, I'll Make a Man Out of You and A Girl Worth Fighting For

Hercules - I Won't Say I'm in Love and Zero to Hero

Those songs are my favorite because I grew up listening to them mostly.

"Love Will Find A Way" from The Lion King 2.

Yep, gotta love the cheesy love songs.

I also really like the "I know you" song from Sleeping Beauty, as someone above mentioned, and "Be Prepared" from The Lion King.

I love Hellfire, but "Bells of Notre Dame" and "God Help the Outcasts" are awesome as well. Those are seriously my top 3 favorite Disney songs. 

I'm kind of surprised no one's mentioned "Part of your World" yet. Even listening to it today, I never get tired of it. 

I also have a special place in my heart for "Go the Distance" and "I Won't say I'm in Love" from Hercules, because those were my favorite songs when I was little. 

Pocahontas has some epic music as well, with "Colors of the Wind", "Just Around the Riverbend" and "Savages" (well, there are some weird lyrics in Savages, but I love the instrumental choices).

Mulan's "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is the best workout song ever. Don't deny it. It's just epic and uplifting. 

Finally, I loved "I See the Light" from Tangled. It's not just the song, but also the visuals and the overall feeling. I saw it in 3D and I was blown away. 

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 1

Ah yes, discovering the mostly far superior English versions of Disney songs, a part of geeks' childhood the world over :)

My favourite would be "Hellfire", closely followed by "I wanna be like you".

Honourable mention goes to "Friends on the other side", since its the visuals that really make this one work.

I absolutely love basically anything in "The Lion King" (AND NO "MORNING REPORT" DOES NOT COUNT, THAT WASN'T ORIGINALLY RELEASED!!!  :angry: ).  My two favorites from that movie are "The Circle of Life" and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" of course.  The former is simply glorious, epic, and grand in its scale as few other numbers are or ever have been, and the latter is just beautiful in all the right ways!  I also thank the Lord that Elton John was so involved with the production of the music, because he bucking saved "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from the Disney execs; I'm not kidding, they wanted Timon and Pumba to sing it, and were it not for his efforts, that song would've been absolutely RUINED!!!!!!

As an addendum, "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" may not be my favorite Disney movie, or even be way up there, but "Hellfire" is just a glorious, unprecedented triumph of song within a Disney film.  It is simply one of the most complex, in-depth character moments within any film ever; the fact that Frollo is probably the greatest Disney villain ever probably helps to add to the song's genius.

Edited by Batbrony

This Day Aria!!!

Well, it sounded like a Disney song. :lol: (And if it was they would call it one of the best Disney songs in years.)

Seriously, what was that song in Sword and the Stone...went something like this:

"To and fro, stop and go

That's what makes the world go round

Don't just wait and trust to fate

And say 'that's how it's meant to be'

It's up to you how far you go!

If you don't try you'll never know..."

Wow, that takes me back.

I love old disney songs! Well.....let's see.

I'll make a man out of you, Mulan.

A girl worth fighting for, Mulan

Under the sea, The little mermaid

Part of your world, little mermaid

Circle of life, Lion King

Colors of the wind, Pocahontas 

Also, some newer ones.

Tangled, When will my life begin

Tangled, I've got a dream

Tangled, I see the light

The princess and the frog, Friends on the other side

The princess and the frog, Dig a little deeper

Let it grow, The Lorax (not sure if it's a disney movie though.) 

Edited by BeatrixBow

My favorite is a little bit of a strange choice since many people love the songs like Hellfire which is still awesome along with Unfortunate Souls which is my favorite disney villain song but out of all of them, this one keeps me in a calm mood and really tingles me with atmosphere down my spine. Remember Little April Shower from Bambi?

Yes a disney topic! Yay! And my all time favorite song comes from the popular movie. Lion King. Well actually, Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. It was such a great song I performed it in Sign language for my final, Enjoy (:

• Brohoof 1

Here are some songs that I like from Disney:

-He's a Pirate (POTC)

-I'll make a man out of you (Mulan)

-The Darkwing duck theme

-The Ducktales theme

Edited by Hakureimiko