Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things That Happened In The Show That You Disliked

Feather Gem

The backstory of King Sombra was pretty much short. I know he cursed the Crystal Empire after he was banished when he was in power, and I think it could've been explained more but, I guess most Villains have a short backstory.

I could go on yet another rant on why The Mysterious Mare Do Well was horrible, but I'm tired of talking about that. So, the next thing that bothers me the most was Trixie's redemption at the end of Magic Duel. She'd made the jump from antagonist to villain by becoming the dictator of Ponyville, and she's just forgiven at the end? Lame. Evil Trixie is best Trixie. However, the rest of the episode was great, and it's still the second best of this season.

I'm kind of afraid that they'll do the same to Discord in the next episode. And unlike Magic Duel, I don't think I can forgive an episode that makes the best villain in the series into a good guy.

I don't think I'll ever understand why people have so much against Sombra. He was a nothing short of a tyrant, treated the living souls of the crystal empire as disposable peons, and had a heart that was filled with nothing but abhorrence and aversion. There wasn't much back story regarding him, but the episode wasn't really about him. The episode was about the mane 6 and their attempts to save the empire from the grasp of a powerhungry dictator, and in my mind I really don't see the issue about that. Besides, if they gave him a backstory the episode would have felt just as rushed as the other two parters and would you really want that?

Okay so yeah, that was not what the thread asked at all. Um, lets see here... I am not a fan of how the other three two part episodes ended at all. Things simply started to go way too fast when the pacing before it was going relatively slow. I understand that writing actually can be a hard task, and is probably very stressful to do when you are producing something that will be viewed on TV, but I think they should have fixed them up.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't really disliked an entire episode until Spike at Your Service. There was so much wrong with that episode.

1 Twilight and other ponies have also saved spike before this episode ,where was his dragon code then?

2 I thought he decided to be a pony?

3 Timber Wolves, why were they so easier defeated? It made them very unscary 

4 Spike just leaving Twilight , who is the closest thing to a mom he's ever had (since she hatched him and all) 

5 Why didn't Applejack tell Spike to serve her by serving Twilight? 

My one other main dislike from the episodes was the ending to Babs Seed. Just because ponies were picking on her back in manehatten DOES NOT justify destroying other ponies properties and being mean to people who had nothing to do with and were being friendly with you. I hate the message " oh if you came from a bad home/situation it's totally acceptable to act like a criminal" 

• Brohoof 1

I agree they made it look like Spike was a klutz even though he isn't as because he's seen to be a great handling books in the library. Speaking of which double fail for both him and Twilight when he was trying to talk to her about his devotion to Applejack. First of all Twilight is never that into books she wouldn't listen to what Spike had to say and the fail for Spike was that he kinda gave up too easily he could've either done what Applejack did to get her attention and mess up something or just get right up in her face and talk.

The whole episode was just a total out of body experience for Spike to be honest.

I feel like they just did that just to drag out some sort of lesson and to try to be funny.... which really did not work at all

I feel like he abandoned Twilight too easily. sure he shed a tear but he didn't even seem like he was willing to spend time with Twilight at all.

This is another thing that bothered me...

Twilight would have never done this sort of thing and I am very shocked to see that she actually did it

Again, another attempt at being funny but it fails miserably >_<

Another thing I really found rather disappointing was, and I'm pretty sure most people agree with this, the utter lack of King Sombra on the first two episodes of the third season...

And He looked like such a promising villain too :(

The final thing I find to be rather disappointing (and I am quite surprised nopony mentioned this) would be at the end of season 2 episode 2

I found the effects that they used on the Elements of Harmony when defeating Discord to be the cheesiest use of effects I have ever seen...

I, quite literally , could not look at that part

I haven't really disliked an entire episode until Spike at Your Service. There was so much wrong with that episode.

1 Twilight and other ponies have also saved spike before this episode ,where was his dragon code then?

2 I thought he decided to be a pony?

3 Timber Wolves, why were they so easier defeated? It made them very unscary 

4 Spike just leaving Twilight , who is the closest thing to a mom he's ever had (since she hatched him and all) 

5 Why didn't Applejack tell Spike to serve her by serving Twilight? 

My one other main dislike from the episodes was the ending to Babs Seed. Just because ponies were picking on her back in manehatten DOES NOT justify destroying other ponies properties and being mean to people who had nothing to do with and were being friendly with you. I hate the message " oh if you came from a bad home/situation it's totally acceptable to act like a criminal" 

I see it in kind of a different way. Had this been another situation maybe the Cutie Mark Crusaders wouldn't have forgiven Babs Seed. Maybe they realized they were the ones being the bullies because of that contraption they made and what they were planning to do to Babs. Had they not done that and figured out about Bab's life before maybe they wouldn't have forgiven her at all. Maybe they just realized then that they were just as bad as Diamand Tiara and Silver Spoon and the other fillies who made fun of Babs Seed because of what they were planning to do, and didn't want to be like that.

There are quite a few things that happened in the show that I dislike.

1. The Mysterious Mare Do Well episode

2. King Sombra!!! It's a 30 minute episode so they can only squeeze in so much but I think they could have made it better. And Twilight being the main focus in the episode while the other ponies stood background wasn't really cool. But, seeing as Spike was kinda the main focus on saving the day I will forgive that.

3. Trixie's return I don't think they played it out as well as they could have.

I see it in kind of a different way. Had this been another situation maybe the Cutie Mark Crusaders wouldn't have forgiven Babs Seed. Maybe they realized they were the ones being the bullies because of that contraption they made and what they were planning to do to Babs. Had they not done that and figured out about Bab's life before maybe they wouldn't have forgiven her at all. Maybe they just realized then that they were just as bad as Diamand Tiara and Silver Spoon and the other fillies who made fun of Babs Seed because of what they were planning to do, and didn't want to be like that.

There are quite a few things that happened in the show that I dislike.

1. The Mysterious Mare Do Well episode

2. King Sombra!!! It's a 30 minute episode so they can only squeeze in so much but I think they could have made it better. And Twilight being the main focus in the episode while the other ponies stood background wasn't really cool. But, seeing as Spike was kinda the main focus on saving the day I will forgive that.

3. Trixie's return I don't think they played it out as well as they could have.

I disagree them getting revenge on all the abusive stuff she did to them makes them "bullies" . Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are rude and mean for no other reason than that they can be. So I don't think it makes them "as bad as them" .  When victims show they can fight back it usually makes the bully stand down. Then kids could think the message is " don't stand up to bullies , because maybe they were hurt at some point."   I can't even remember if Babs said sorry to them for all the horrible stuff she did to them.

I really dislike episodes that rely on a conflict that could be easily solved or that is only based on one character acting surprisingly stupid, for example the episode with owlicious. That Spike is jealous is natural, but in that way? He doesn't seem that way.

Apple Family Reunion - AJ was way too obsessed and ignored the other ponies telling her she should calm down and just let them enjoy the reunion.

There is more, but that's really annoying me. When the conflict is more understandable and realistic, like Fluttershy's fear in Hurricane Fluttershy ... I have no problem with it at all.

I don't know about you guys, but I can't freaking stand it when an episode is getting good, and then all of a sudden the screen goes black and it starts listing the names of random people for no reason. And it happens every freaking episode. Seriously, what is the purpose for that? And the worst part is that the episode doesn't even continue after the stupid thing. I swear, if the next episode does it, then I give up on MLP.

• Brohoof 6

I feel like I'm the only one with this opinion, but I'll state it anyways.  In 'A Canterlot Wedding part 2', I did not like how Twilight was praised by Celestia herself for drawing the immediate conclusion that Cadence was evil and then announcing so in public.  I found that such an outburst was completely out-of-line, even if her instincts were correct.  There's following your instincts, and then there's bursting into a wedding rehearsal accusing the bride of being evil.

While one could say that this outburst was caused by her friend's insensitivity towards her theories, I don't find it a legitimate excuse.  As I think about it, that goes against the moral that was presented in 'Bridle Gossip'.  Initially, all of the pony's instincts of Zecora were that she was evil.  Does that mean that they should be praised for doing so?  No, because they made assumptions based solely on what they saw of her and then spread rumors until the entire town thought the same thing.  How I see it, this is exactly what Twilight does in 'A Canterlot Wedding', but somehow, simply because Cadence actually was evil, this time it was okay.

Despite this though, I actually did like 'A Canterlot Wedding' as a whole.  It just happens that this is the one scene in MLP that really sticks out to me as one that I did not like.

• Brohoof 1

I hate when they ignore character development made by a character earlier on in the series. In the Crystal Empire why was Twilight to hell bent on fixing the problem on her own? Didn't she learn anything from EPISODE ONE?

Mysterious Mare Do-Well. Need I say more?

THere are some more examples but I feel a rant coming so I'll stop

MLP Does a good job at backing up character development, better than other cartoons, but when it is forgotten, it feels really bothersome

• Brohoof 1

I didn't like this one scene in "Boast Busters". It was the part when Twilight gave Spike, Snipes, and Sanils a mustach. I mean I didn't see the point in that and it really anoyed me for some reason. For me it was an unecessary thing to do and accomplished nothing at all.