Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things That Happened In The Show That You Disliked

Feather Gem

Well, let me talk about Derpy. Alright, they had it good when the episode released. Im talking about the episode where Derpy talked. Than they changed her voice and eyes and left us in the shadows for 2 months. I mean, seriously, they had to do that. Ughhhhhhh. And they didn't come straight up and front and explained it. I mean, they gave us a shout out, than, it sort of disappeared. Btw, the few soccer moms that thought it was offensive, were wrong. Even the autistic people loved it because it was about accepting everypony. I mean, I think the moms were trying to protect everyone. Annoying. But now we have a fan service episode coming up. I'm happy about that.

• Brohoof 1

Hm... Probably the best example is the male pony on steroids that said "Yeah!!!" in Hurricane Fluttershy. To me that came off as nothing more than an obvious attempt at a meme for the online male fanbase of the show.

However, in the most recent episode with him I didn't find him so annoying. In fact, I didn't find him annoying at all. He was nothing like in the "Hurricane Fluttershy" episode.

Right now, I can only think of how stereoypical One Bad Seed went. Dont get me wrong, I love anti-bullying episodes as well as the song in the episode, I just thought that it didnt have as much originality as I would have hoped.

To me, one moment will always stand out. It may just be due to my own issues about germs, but when Mr. Cake picked up the babies soiled diapers WITH HIS MOUTH, I almost threw up. I'm not joking. It was about the most disgusting thing I ever saw in a cartoon!

• Brohoof 3

Hm.. I can't really think of any older episode examples, however I can think of a bit more recent stuff.

Ok one is I don't like the ending of Wonderbolt Academy, sorry but it was left a bit to open for me. I really hope we get some closure to it eventually atleast.

Another thing in the most recent episode I don't really like the new CGI animation for the Tiber wolves, it just annoys me a bit. I kinda like the old ones more. It doesn't make me hate the episode, but the difference in art style and animation is just ever so slight enough that it sorta bugs me throughout seeing them.

Thats all I can really think of at the moment, I don't have to many things I truly dislike overall in the show. Of course without proper analysis its harder for me to remember or even find stuff I really dislike in the show.

• Brohoof 1

The Mysterious Mare Do Well

Now that I'm done beating a dead horse(hardeeharhar), one thing that bugged me was the fan shoutouts that happened throughout the show. It wasn't so much the shout outs but rather how people responded to it, the most famous being Derpy.

I'd also say Trixie's return but since Magic Duel was handled very well(despite my feelings towards the end) I'm willing to forgive it

I didn't like how one dimensional they made king Sombra. I think he could have had the chance to be a great villian if they would have given his character more depth,

I didn't like the mysterious mare do well as it made it appear that rainbow-dash was totally uncaring and willing to do anything for attention, plus why didn't the other mane 6 just tell Rainbow-dash how selfish she was being?

• Brohoof 2

I will have to say the most recent episode with Spike was, in all honesty, kind of a disappointment in my opinion. Spike should not have been dumbed down to almost total patheticy (new word)

It was really hard to watch :(

• Brohoof 3

I didn't like how ridiculous King Sombra acted as well.  Like an animal.  (you know what I mean!)

But I understand why he had little personality.  Since they planned to kill him off they couldn't really make any pony like him too much!  And they still have his horn if some pony did end up liking him.  (they thought of everything!)

I hated the message in Staying Pinkie Keen. It basically was like promoting a religious message while saying that science or logic cannot be applied to things that we currently do not understand. They can, we just have to discover a way around various obstacles through the progression of understanding and technological advancement.

• Brohoof 2

I will have to say the most recent episode with Spike was, in all honesty, kind of a disappointment in my opinion. Spike should not have been dumbed down to almost total patheticy (new word)

It was really hard to watch :(

I feel like he abandoned Twilight too easily. sure he shed a tear but he didn't even seem like he was willing to spend time with Twilight at all.

I will have to say the most recent episode with Spike was, in all honesty, kind of a disappointment in my opinion. Spike should not have been dumbed down to almost total patheticy (new word) It was really hard to watch

I agree they made it look like Spike was a klutz even though he isn't as because he's seen to be a great handling books in the library. Speaking of which double fail for both him and Twilight when he was trying to talk to her about his devotion to Applejack. First of all Twilight is never that into books she wouldn't listen to what Spike had to say and the fail for Spike was that he kinda gave up too easily he could've either done what Applejack did to get her attention and mess up something or just get right up in her face and talk.

• Brohoof 1

The treatment of the rest of the Mane Cast other than Twilight Sparkle in the Crystal Empire episodes.  It was like, " Twilight, you get the actual story.  Everypony else, you're just the distraction on the side!"

• Brohoof 1

As soon as the guard at the beginning of Crystal Empire said "It has returned" I groaned, knowing this was going to be a dull episode and indeed it was. Next time build up to the conflict instead of just diving straight in to this out-of-nowhere and inadequately explained plot and expecting me to care.

Btw, the few soccer moms that thought it was offensive, were wrong. Even the autistic people loved it because it was about accepting everypony. I mean, I think the moms were trying to protect everyone. Annoying. But now we have a fan service episode coming up. I'm happy about that.

Yes and I am one of those Autistic people that love Derpy, though I could understand why the casual observed might have a concern or two it just blows me away how none of the people that were offended offered any constructive suggestions on how Derpy could be portrayed better they just were so hell bent on giving her the axe that they failed to see the opportunity Derpy had to reach out to those that are disabled or even people that are not disabled but are just seen as different for other reasons. To me Derpy's altered voice is a lot more offensive than her original voice because they made her sound like your stereotypical dumb blonde and that is not who Derpy is.

But what really pisses me off the most is that they have the arrogance to pretend to these heroic white knights protecting everyone by claiming to speak for disabled people when they didn't bother to ask for any of their opinions but just automatically assumed they would all be on board. I can speak for myself thank you very much and if I am offended by something I don't need madam prissy pants to tell me to be offended or why.

I hated the message in Staying Pinkie Keen. It basically was like promoting a religious message while saying that science or logic cannot be applied to things that we currently do not understand. They can, we just have to discover a way around various obstacles through the progression of understanding and technological advancement.

I don't think that was the intent of that episode at all, I think the message was that science is great and we should by all means use but that our knowledge no matter how vast it becomes will always be limited and that though there are certain things we can't fully explain does not mean that they don't exist.

I suppose for me other than Derpy getting the can I would say that the moments I didn't like were the so called "lesson" in Griffon the Brush Off and the disappointing portrayal of King Sombra. We all know that Gilda acted like a jerk, but so did Pinkie Pie acting like a creepy jealousy fueled stalker is going to probably piss off the person you are stalking (Gilda). And who is Twilight to call Gilda a "false friend" anyway? She dosen't know her and Rainbow Dash saw Pinkie Pie stalking them yet Gilda was still the bad guy.

• Brohoof 4

In the Wonderbolt Academy I wasn't al all happy with the ending. Sure Lighting Dust was the antagonist and we all knew in the back of our heads Rainbow Dash would prevail in the end (what a great Dashie moment). But, It appeared to me that Spitfire kicked Lighting Dust out of the academy which I found it to be more than a bit harsh.

I would have liked to see Dashie become the lead pony and have the errors of Lighting's ways pointed out. Then have Lighting “learn her lesson” in a more constrictive and positive way. I think they could have gotten two messages out by doing that.

Additionally, I wasn't all that happy with how they portrayed Spitfire. I realize they were aiming for that drill instructor character but it just seemed off compared to her in the Best Night Ever.

Well that's my two bits worth.

Yes and I am one of those Autistic people that love Derpy, though I could understand why the casual observed might have a concern or two it just blows me away how none of the people that were offended offered any constructive suggestions on how Derpy could be portrayed better they just were so hell bent on giving her the axe that they failed to see the opportunity Derpy had to reach out to those that are disabled or even people that are not disabled but are just seen as different for other reasons. To me Derpy's altered voice is a lot more offensive than her original voice because they made her sound like your stereotypical dumb blonde and that is not who Derpy is.

But what really pisses me off the most is that they have the arrogance to pretend to these heroic white knights protecting everyone by claiming to speak for disabled people when they didn't bother to ask for any of their opinions but just automatically assumed they would all be on board. I can speak for myself thank you very much and if I am offended by something I don't need madam prissy pants to tell me to be offended or why.

I don't think that was the intent of that episode at all, I think the message was that science is great and we should by all means use but that our knowledge no matter how vast it becomes will always be limited and that though there are certain things we can't fully explain does not mean that they don't exist.

I suppose for me other than Derpy getting the can I would say that the moments I didn't like were the so called "lesson" in Griffon the Brush Off and the disappointing portrayal of King Sombra. We all know that Gilda acted like a jerk, but so did Pinkie Pie acting like a creepy jealousy fueled stalker is going to probably piss off the person you are stalking (Gilda). And who is Twilight to call Gilda a "false friend" anyway? She dosen't know her and Rainbow Dash saw Pinkie Pie stalking them yet Gilda was still the bad guy.

I totally agree with you. People these days. Sometimes I dont understand people opinions. I think they believe that their opinion was everyponies opinion. It is annoying

The Crystal Empire episodes were good and all, but I didn't really like how Sombra got maybe about 20 seconds of screen time in total. There should have been more interaction or back story of him.