Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Twilight Find Love?

100 beasts kaidou

A question I had in mind, do you think before G4 ends will Twilight Sparkles find somepony and fall in love with him(remember its a damn kids show so homosexuality cant be there, atleast for the next five years ir so.). And If so who do you think That Pony will be?

• Brohoof 1

No. It's a kids show. It would not make much sense to have one of the mane characters have a romantic interest. In my opinion at least.

EDIT: A Canterlot Wedding existed to sell toys. But of Cadence more so then Shining Armour. Stallions are hard to sell, so that's another reason it won't happen.

Edited by Firebolt
  • Brohoof 8

Well I dunno, I mean before canterlot wedding I didn't think they'd ever tackle love at all, but after that I dunno. I don't see Twilight as being the type to randomly find love, and if it is it'll be someone who we haven't seen yet.

However Its possible by the end of the series that spike and Rarity would finally get together, thats the only Love that I see happening though.

Guess we'll have to just wait and see

• Brohoof 1

I doubt it. Canterlot wedding was probably there because little girls tend to think weddings are pretty and all that, but boyfriends are probably a bit much.

I highly doubt she will.  I mean, this is a children's show that we're talking about, not a teenage drama.  Plus, Twilight has shown little to no interest in stallions.  The only male she interacts with is Spike, and  he's obviously not a pony.  

No. This isn't a show about dating, so beyond minor subplots that involve different characters, romance doesn't have much of a purpose. The only relationship that could possibly happen is with Rarity and Spike, and Rarity seems to think of Spike as a little kid, not a potential love interest.

• Brohoof 1

In some sort of epilogue perhaps. I doubt that it will be the focus of the finale. She's a great girl so I'm sure she could find somepony if she wanted to, hopefully somepony worthy of her.

As for who it would be, we know so few stallions that I think her eventual spouse will be someone we don't know yet.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

I highly doubt she will.  I mean, this is a children's show that we're talking about, not a teenage drama.  Plus, Twilight has shown little to no interest in stallions.  The only male she interacts with is Spike, and  he's obviously not a pony.  

Clearly she shows no interest in stallions because she is waiting for Trixie......<.<.....Okay maybe not but a fanfilly can dream, right? On a side note though, no I don't think she will. she has to fullfill her destiny and all that jazz.

Edited by Obsidian_Winter
  • Brohoof 1

I think she will find love at some point. Maybe in a future episode, she might have time to find a male unicorn to date. But since well this is a kids show, I think there is a probability of it happening.

• Brohoof 2

Even if it is a show there are still ponies with a special somepony. (Hearts and Hooves Day for an example)

But I don't think one of the main characters should have a relationship. Twi would get sidetracked.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see where it would really fit into the story.  I mean, if there was a good and logical reason that Twilight should meet a special somepony as part of the over-arching main storyline, then I suppose it could happen, but as of now the producers really haven't hinted at such a situation ever occurring for any reason at some point in the future.  In conclusion, as of now, I'd have to say that it's very unlikely.  -_-

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

I highly doubt that they'll include any sort of romantic parts for the mane 6 outside of Spike's crush on Rarity. Could they simply have characters crushing on someone for a split second and never bring it up again? Probably, but if anything they should just stick to very small hints like the ones at the end of the Wedding(the pictures with Rainbow Dash and Soarin, Rarity and Fancy Pants, Sweetie Belle and Spike). Anything outside of that will more than likely cause big s***storms, especially if they have to make an entirely new character. Hell there are still people upset that H&HD was about Big Mac with Cheerilee rather than Fluttershy

It is possible for any of the Mane 6 but I don't think it will happen anytime soon, with the exception of Spike's crush on Rarity, Rarity going gaga over Prince Blueblood who we later find out was a jerk. And of course the Canterlot Wedding two parter romance hasn't really been much a theme of this show. If Twilight finds the stallion of her dreams it will probably be sometime toward the end of the series as for who it will probably either be somepony we haven't met yet or possibly Big Mac (I may be reading too much into because it was a joke but him taking her smarty pants doll even after the want it need it spell wears suggests he might have the hots for her).

• Brohoof 1

Most likely, we'll only see Twi ( or anypony, for that matter) with a special sompony is in some kind of future or epilouge episode, but I doubt we'll see it in the main (or mane HAR HAR HAR) series.

• Brohoof 1

Just like any other character, besides Princess Cadance and Shining Armor, no. Remember that this show is aimed for little girls. Just because we watch the show doesn't mean they will change it to fit us (although some of Season 3 is considerably darker than your typical MLP:FiM). Kids do not care for romance, A Canterlot Wedding was only there for the production of toys and the fact that little girls seem to only like weddings as a form of romance.

You can have Twilight find love in any fanfiction, but it's very unlikely in canon.

• Brohoof 1

If this was an anime then Twilight would find love eventually. Since its a kids show(more or less) that happens to have the name Hasbro on it then she would only find love if it meant more merchandise sales(which it would, cause honestly if the fans voted for who the stallion was merchandise would be selling left and right). For now we have Fan-Fics.

If this was an anime then Twilight would find love eventually. Since its a kids show(more or less) that happens to have the name Hasbro on it then she would only find love if it meant more merchandise sales(which it would, cause honestly if the fans voted for who the stallion was merchandise would be selling left and right). For now we have Fan-Fics.

I seem to disagree with you, If were talking about Dora or Barney then yeah there shouldnt be romance, but you deny the fact that most kids shows that arent for kids who barely walk have romance in them, EX gumball or phineas and ferb

I seem to disagree with you, If were talking about Dora or Barney then yeah there shouldnt be romance, but you deny the fact that most kids shows that arent for kids who barely walk have romance in them, EX gumball or phineas and ferb

well i disagree with you too, lets have a war for no reason lol jk. But in all seriousness i never saw MLP as a show for kids who can barely walk and thers already a clear one sided romance (SpikexRarity). I dont know about Gumball(the wonderful world of Gumball) being for kids who can barley walk. But for Phineas and Ferb they were also going with the reach multiple age groups like MLP and Adventure time do

well i disagree with you too, lets have a war for no reason lol jk. But in all seriousness i never saw MLP as a show for kids who can barely walk and thers already a clear one sided romance (SpikexRarity). I dont know about Gumball(the wonderful world of Gumball) being for kids who can barley walk. But for Phineas and Ferb they were also going with the reach multiple age groups like MLP and Adventure time do

No i meamt it the other way around. They are for kids just like MLP and they have romance, and its not like Twi is going spend all of her time with a pony if she started dating, the Show wont change a bit

No i meamt it the other way around. They are for kids just like MLP and they have romance, and its not like Twi is going spend all of her time with a pony if she started dating, the Show wont change a bit

Yep, even alot of stereotypically manly shows like Dragon Ball/Z/GT have some romance in them though it wasn't the main focus of that show either it was still very much present. And it did not negatively impact the show in any way, there was very little if any effect at all now that I think of it. If more romance was added to MLP so long as it didn't overload us with mushy stuff which I don't think they will do even it did affect the show I don't think it will for the worst.

Hopefully no as i said before adding a love interest to any of the mane 6 would be jumping the shark. I know i wouldn't mind seeing some more stallions but if all they're there for is to be a a love interest to the mane 6 then i wouldn't enjoy that very much.

Hopefully no as i said before adding a love interest to any of the mane 6 would be jumping the shark. I know i wouldn't mind seeing some more stallions but if all they're there for is to be a a love interest to the mane 6 then i wouldn't enjoy that very much.

Can you please explain why do you think so? How would it be like jumpimg with sharks? But I agree that adding male Characters just to fall in love with the main female is just plain sexist

Interestingly, My Little Pony has already gone around this particular bend. G1 was for little girls. G2 was for teens and had dating. In a modern day high school no less. So this kind of thing isn't without precedent for the franchise.

But it would still be a bad idea and they probably wouldn't do it. I would hope that if romance ever did make it into the show, it would be taken seriously and not devolve into shallow catty backstabbing nonsense.