Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Viridian Daybreak

104 users have voted

1. 1. Which pony deserved to accompany Twilight to the Gala most?

• Applejack
    • Rarity
    • Fluttershy
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Pinkie Pie

Ofcourse Spike deserved to go there. He works so hard. He dint even asked for a ticket even tough he wanted to go.

If I had to pick I would Pick none because.

Rarity: BB is for Twilight....and she could meet him anywhere else.

AJ: She was Rude in whole.

RD: Got in the Wonderblot Acadamy later.

Fluttershy: No need for new friends.

PP: Do I even need to explain?

• 8 months later...

Well i'm gonna think outside the box on this one seeing as how the Gala was a blow out you asking me who deserved to be there the most means
"who deserved to have their dreams dashed?"

I would rule out flutter shy cause it's not a lesson she needed about animals.

I don't think Pinkie learned or needed to learn about those kind of ponies.

AJ likely already knew about snobs and high end city folk and could seen that coming.

So it's a toss up between rainbow and rarity.

I'm not sure rainbow became more wiser for going to the G but rarity might have.  it might have been the wake up call for the person who wanted to be at that kind of social event the most.

Pink mist your voice is much easier to take than ANY ponies.

ALOT (LOL).  I'm part german and i'm not hating on the man, i'm just saying.

Edited by FNGRpony

In my opinion, I would say that AJ deserved it the most. She was in it for her family. That is a selfless act. Rarity and RD wanted to do something for themselves. Nothing wrong with that, but AJ had a better cause.

This. I always thought that if Celestia would only really allow Twilight to bring along one person, AJ's reason for going was the most virtuous one seeing as she wanted to make some more income for her family and hopefully even help Granny Smith with her hip. Everyone else seemed to want to go there for themselves (even Twilight I daresay). Not that there's anything wrong with that, the Gala IS a party after all.

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 1

I'd have to say Rainbow Dash, Applejack second.

If you put it into perspective, really, what would be more important, earning a few extra bits for your family, or completely your life time dream.

I'd have to say Rainbow Dash, Applejack second.

If you put it into perspective, really, what would be more important, earning a few extra bits for your family, or completely your life time dream.

There's better ways to go about the latter tho, such as the young fliers competition or the Wonderbolts training camp. Both of which she got into without trouble.

• Brohoof 1

You guys know those old stories about fighting over something you have equal share to, and at the end none get what they want?

I'd pawn the tickets off and give the money to Applejack.

Now no-one gets to go and Granny Smith gets a much needed medical procedure.

Hurray!

Edited by Crocoburger

There's better ways to go about the latter tho, such as the young fliers competition or the Wonderbolts training camp. Both of which she got into without trouble.

I guess that is a rather valid point, but she had to opportunity to see them instantly, without having to go through a training camp or anything, and she seemed to think that she'd defiantly get to fly with them, but really, it does depend how much money Applejack thought she'd make. I don't know, it's a real toss up.

If it's about who had better chances of getting what she wanted, AJ still had more opportunities. First off, The only reason RD was recognized at the Gala was because the young fliers competition had already taken place. Chances of her being invited to hang out with them during the party would've been virtually nonexistent if the young fliers competition took places after the gala. In other words, she'd already seen them before and hung out with them after the competition. Granted, the ticket master took place first but something like the competition would've been on RD's mind even before Twilight got the tickets for the gala. So whatever RD would've liked to conclude at the Gala would've been better resolved outside the gala.

AJ, on the other hand, reasoned her turn-out would've been enormous considering the richest folk of Canterlot would be at the gala, figuring their sense of taste is not too different from normal ponies (how can you not like apple tarts, seriously). Her reason for being there were more important because first off, whatever RD wanted to do at the gala, she'd already done after the competition and secondly, it's a huge chance for her farm to gain recognition even outside of ponyville given that she'd have the chance to show what she's capable of to the upper echelons of pony society, who would've invested quite a lot on her farm if only they had normal taste buds (no really, how can you not like apple tarts).

Edited by Freedan

Applejack had the best reason as she was helping her family's business however, her expectations were also the most outlandish and unachievable, getting rich enough in just one night of sales to fix a new barn roof, fix a hip and commercialize her business, seriously.

Rainbow wanted to fulfil her ambition and this was relatively realistic. Followed by Fluttershy and Pinkie.

Rarity, I don't know, I don't know...

Applejack had the best reason as she was helping her family's business however, her expectations were also the most outlandish and unachievable, getting rich enough in just one night of sales to fix a new barn roof, fix a hip and commercialize her business, seriously.

Rainbow wanted to fulfil her ambition and this was relatively realistic. Followed by Fluttershy and Pinkie.

Rarity, I don't know, I don't know...

I don't think AJ wanted to get rich in one night, but rather showcase her produce so that she'd attract investors. She was probably planning on getting investors for her farm, and Canterlot nobility would have more than enough money. Her views seemed more long term and the Gala was but the first step.

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 1

I'm gonna say that Applejack, and Rainbow Dash should've gotten the tickets. Applejack had the most selfless reason, not just using the money she gets for herself, and then Rainbow Dash wanted the Wonderbolts to notice her, because she wants to be in the Wonderbolts.

Like ShadowPhoenix said, she wanted to fulfill her ambition, and it was realistic. :P

• Brohoof 1

AJ, why don't you ask Celestia to let you cater for the Gala, instead of competing with the caterers?

Rainbow Dash, why don't you just win "The Best Young Fliers Competition"?  Oh wait, you did!

Pinkie Pie...you just want to party?  NEXT!

Rarity, why don't you ask Celestia to introduce you to her nephew?  You did help save all of Equestria.  I think she owes you a favor.

Voted for Fluttershy because I could think of no problem with her reasons for wanting to go.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have the slightest idea why people chose Dashie to go. All she wants to do is see the wonderbolts. I'm sure there is other ways to visit them. Anyway, my obvious choice would be Applejack. Why? First, her reason to go is to raise money for the farm (fix Mac's plough, Granny's hip (well maybe), fix the broken barn) She's doing it for her family. Also, she was the first one to give the ticket up so I definitely think she deserves to go.

Totally Applejack, she deserved to go because she was thinking about others, plus as much as I love Dashie, she butted in; Applejack asked first and Twilight was totally gonna say yes.

Applejack, without a doubt. Her reason for wanting to go was the most selfless. She wanted to help her Granny's nagging hip with the money she would earn, which was a lot more urgent than what the others desired. Despite the fact that Applejack had the best reason to go, she was also the first to give up the ticket once she saw how Twilight was driven crazy by all of the chaos. She even promised that she wouldn't feel bad if Twilight gave it someone else. That says a lot about her character, especially given the fact that Twilight was going to give the ticket to her in the first place until Rainbow Dash piped up. Applejack is usually the bigger pony in any argument, and she almost always looks out for her friends and puts their best interest above her own. Just this once AJ really deserved to have something that meant a lot to her. And if you think about it, her desire to fix up the farm is something that really benefits all of Ponyville.

Even though AJ failed to sell her food at first, I still think that she would have had the best chance of making her goal a reality were it not for the fact that her apple cake got ruined. After all, AJ said it was "highfalutin" enough for their hoity toity taste buds, and AJ does have some experience with high class ponies, so she very well could have been right on the money with that statement. tongue.png

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

Applejack. She was the pretty much the only one who didn't want to go to the Gala for selfish reasons. She wanted to raise money for her family and Sweet Apple Acres which was pretty nice in my opinion.

But, RD was pretty close also. She wanted to get closer to the Wonderbolts which was her dream.

So many hard decisions!

• Brohoof 1

I think the clear answer is Applejack. Her reason outshines the other four by a long shot, though I'm not sure it's a truly "deserving" reason... how would one determine "worthiness" to attend a largely, perhaps completely, unnecessary and frivolous event?