Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Viridian Daybreak

104 users have voted

1. 1. Which pony deserved to accompany Twilight to the Gala most?

• Applejack
    • Rarity
    • Fluttershy
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Pinkie Pie

When watching The Ticket Master, I remember rooting for Rarity, AJ, and Rainbow Dash to go to the Gala. Rarity had the possibility of meeting her true love, AJ would be helping her family, and Rainbow Dash had the possibility of completing her dream of joining the Wonderbolts (and finding true love as well, if you ship > :) ). I found Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy just wanted to have fun, but nothing permanent and life-changing, so I didn't think they really deserved it. (sorry)

So let's say, if you were picking and Princess Celestia only allowed ONE friend to attend. Which would you pick?

In my opinion, I would say that AJ deserved it the most. She was in it for her family. That is a selfless act. Rarity and RD wanted to do something for themselves. Nothing wrong with that, but AJ had a better cause.

• Brohoof 9

If she could only have the two tickets, AJ and Rarity should have gone. I have quite I hard time choosing between them, but AJ is probably a bit more worth it, benefiting more ponies.

I don't see how Dash had a good reason to go though. She was going to crash the performance of her idols, hoping that would impress them. I don't see how that works.

Edited by Firebolt
  • Brohoof 3

Oh, geez, that is actually a hard one, because I know that none of their dreams are actually really fulfilled  and it required the other five to make the night 'theirs'. But if I didn't know how the night would go, it is a tie between AJ and Dash. I would tell Rarity that love can be found in lots of different places.

I would definitely say Applejack, considering she was the only one who wanted to go to the Gala for unselfish reasons. She wanted to help her family, everyone else just wanted to go for selfish reasons mostly.

• Brohoof 3

I was torn between Dashie and AppleJack. While everyone's pretty much gone with AJ, because she wanted to help her family, which is truly admirable, I rooted for Dash as well because it would have given her a chance to get in with the Bolts, which was her life's dream and a potential, stable job for RD. 

Pinkie's was the most trivial reason. She wanted to go because it was a superparty. I facehoofed.

Obviously AJ, she wanted t go to raise money for your family. Can't get any better than that. :)

I would make RD is a close second mainly because if she meets the Wonderbolts she can follow her dreams and possibly become a Wonderbolt herself. So RD is second, and Rarity making third. Rarity needs to find her true love (even if he did turn out to be a snob...)!

Edited by Pixiesong

Applejack's was selfless but very impractical

Rainbow Dash wanted to fulfill her dream but had the wrong idea of making an enterance

Rarity wanted to find her true love but had a very shallow idea(she's probably been watching too much Disney movies)

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie more or less wanted to do a glorified version of what they normally do

Personally Travis Touchdown deserved to go the most

I say Applejack had the best, with Rainbow Dash or Rarity at a close second; though that said it doesn't mean that I would give any of them the tickets right away

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

Applejack. Really, I know that everyone had different reasons, but:

Rainbow Dash: It was mainly just a want. Even though it was her dream, it is really just selfish.

Fluttershy: The same as RD

Rarity: She was trying to get a man she didn't know about, and the other way. It would not have worked out in virtually any case.

Pinkie Pie: Her obsession with partying.

Now for AJ: Her barn was falling apart at the time. Granny Smith was in an unhealthy state. Big Mac's rusty plow made it harder to get apple trees planted, which can result in a cut supply of apples and of money. It's not like she would just go to the gala and beg for money. She used the apples she still had, to sell.

• Brohoof 1

Applejack. First to actually ask for the ticket, reasons to go weren't for personal gain, had the most (if still quite little) subtlety about doing Twilight a favour in hopes of the ticket, and the first to tell Twilight she could give the ticket to somepony else at the end.

Also the other ponies didn't deserve it, reasons being:

- Rainbow Dash was napping instead of helping the two out, and then thinks she deserves the ticket - for personal gain, and also celebrates when the other ponies refuse the ticket. Although she was the first one with the incentive to do Twilight favours hoping to bias her decision
- Pinkie Pie wanted it for personal gain, and was by far the least subtle in her favour even if the song was great. She also inadvertently alerts the whole town to Twilight's ticket, even if by accident.
- Fluttershy also wanted it for personal gain, but at least she was honest about wanting the ticket when doing her favour
- Rarity again wanted it for personal gain, and also wasn't subtle about her favour

• Brohoof 2

i have to go with Rarity since she had been making dresses all these years for it.  Pinkie pie in 2nd because she wanted to attend the parties.  AJ was just interested in making money and RD and FS were interested in things not really having to do with the Gala in the first place.  I think the fact I picked Rarity also says a lot since she is my least favorite of the mane 6.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity. Besides the fact that she would've presumably found her love, she seemed like the one pony that cared the most for Twilight, given the fact that she's the element of generosity. She was also the only one who seemed personally "fit" for the gala (her high standard persona).

• Brohoof 1

Applejack had the most selfless reason so probably her (although one might question how practical it was to expect to strike it rich by selling apples at an event giving away free food XD)

After her then Dashie.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

I did ask myself that after watching both episodes. I feel like listing it.

Did Applejack even need a ticket? If you ask me Applejack really didn't need the ticket. I mean all she wanted to do was sent up a stand and sell food. You don't really need a ticket for that. AJ could have just asked to set something up and that would be that. She wouldn't even need a dress. 

True, Pinkie wanted to go because it's the best party of the year, but it just did not seem like a strong reason to go. She trows parties all the time. Better ones then the Gala. I feel like one of them would have told Pinkie how the party would run. In her mind, it look like a 5 year olds birthday party if they had a lot of money. I feel like she would not have a good time.

All though Rarity just wanted to go just to meet Blue Blood, I feel like she would have the better time. She does want to be more in the Canterlot area. So even if she did not meet Blue Blood, she would still have a better time.

At first I thought Fluttershy wanted to go just to meet the animals. Kinda like with AJ, she could have just asked to go their before the Gala. But after watching it again, it only happens on the night of the Gala, to what I know. So her reason is strong.

As for Rainbow Dash, her reason is good. It's a good plan to try and get closer to the WB and just look better in front of them. Maybe even learn what she needs to do to get in. 

So in the end I would say, Rainbow Dash. Mostly it would help her closer to her dream.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

In all honesty, and I don't really know how to say this without raising eyebrows, but imo AJ's selflessness sorta kills the episode. I can understand the ticket decision being difficult between "I want to fulfill my dreams" vs "I want to find true love" for example, but for Twilight to put "I want to raise money for my family" in the same boat as "I WANT TO ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT, AND PARTY EVERY DAY!" is absolutely asinine.

The entire episode I kept thinking to myself "AJ totally deserves to go, everyone else is just being selfish" whe I should really been feeling "Oh see deserves it, but she also desrves it and, ugh! Can't decide!"

I'm not knocking on any of the mane 6, I'm just expressing why this episode doesn't work for me

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

As far as I'm concerned Sweet Apple Acres is the only Apple business on Ponyville, and while she did say that it was for the farm, it seemed like something that she'd still be able to achieve  over time, instead of some life changing event.

Inner fangirl screams Pinkie should of gotten the ticket, but to be fairly honest, I think Rarity should of gotten it.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm I have to side with Applejack because she is the only one that cared much more about others. Such as she wanted to get her grandmothers hip replaced and stuff. 

I feel like the only person who kinda thought Pinkie should get one becuase her parties are about making all ponies happy, but then again, can't she just go to Canterlot any day and throw a party? 

Fluttershy really wanted to meet animals and smell flowers that only bloom once a year but after seeing The Best Night Ever I feel like I wouldn't of chose Fluttershy because she seemed to have a HORRIBLE time.

Rarity wanted to meet her true love, and that is a once in a life time thing to meet a prince so.... yeah. But she seemed to needy to get the ticket when pressuring Twilight. 

Last is Rainbow Dash who wanted to go to fufill her dreams. Another thing that could only happen at the Gala. But Rainbow Dash was also kinda selfish with the ticket. Like when she was chanting "I got the ticket!" when everypony else said they would give theirs up. But that was her chance to make her dream true..
   In the end I think AJ wins. Followed by Rainbow, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy. 

I think you all know what my answer is going to be, eeeeeeyup it's Applejack. I am not saying that the others reasons are selfish or anything because there is nothing wrong with trying to get close to your crush like Rarity wanted to do or help achieve your dream like Rainbow Dash wanted to do or even just have a good time like Pinkie Pie wanted to do but Applejack was trying to help her family and even then she was the first to offer to give up the ticket.

• Brohoof 1

Well as much as I like Fluttershy I have to say her reason for going wasn't ultra important.

Pinkies wasn't really either, she party's all the time, and to be honest Rainbow Dash's wasn't the smartest idea anyways. Heck Twilight didn't really have a amazing reason to go considering she always talks to the princess in letters, but she was the one with the tickets.

If I had to pick one, I'd have to say AJ, just because it was a selfless act for her family, Rarity's was a more selfish act, not that it was bad(And none of their reasons where really bad.) But hers wasn't quiet as important in my opinion, plus we saw how Prince Blueblood was :P.

So I guess I'd pick AJ. They all had reasons that made sense for themselfs, but I think AJ's was just the most just reason overall.

If I was Twilight in that situation though, I could never pick. :P I hate doing that type of thing.

I'm going to jump onto the Applejack boat and say she deserved to go the most as well. Rarity and Rainbow Dash each had acceptable reasons as to go but for Rarity....They're plenty of other stallions to sway....As for Rainbow Dash she just needed to wait for invitations to the Wonderbolt Academy to impress them or just try to impress them when thy're around like in Hurricane Fluttershy.

Applejack obviously needed money and since Zap Apple Harvest and Apple Cider season seems to be the only times she and her family tend to get a explosion in business they really needed the money.