What is Cider? Is it alcoholic?

Eenohay

Because Cider Is Alcoholic, Num-

Sorry, Sorry. Joe got hold of the keyboard... In any case, Cider is an alcoholic Beverage. Hence it's referenced as alcoholic.

Or it could be just really awesome cider?

RECOOME REAR NAKED CHOKE!!!!

(edited)

The cider in the show is just Apple cider.  Rainbow dash was going crazy for it because it was good cider.  Though we could just say it's alcoholic  because it kinda makes sense.

Edited by Dusty Soul

Soundcloud-------------------Facebook---------------------------Youtube

Animals love getting drunk! Yup it happens in the wild. Fermentation of wild fruit can occur a number of differant ways and often times the local animals seem to be aware of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5E5TjkDvU0

Just repeat to yourself it's just a show, I should really just relax. -Mystery Science Theater 3000

You're dead if you aim only for kids, adults are just kids grown up anyway. -Walt Disney

Why would it be referred to as alcohol when they serve it once a special day and have to wait in line for it? Obviously for a seasonal day like egg nog. Plus drinking alcohol early in the morning?

l543.gif

• 3 weeks later...

So many people have often disputed the claims that the cider in My Little Pony is hard cider (or normal cider, as none alcoholic cider is a special kind) but there is actually proof that is is alcohol.

Cider only bubbles when it has alcohol. The cider that the Apple family makes bubbles.

Their cider is the alcoholic kind.

Picture proof:

gVaK3Pp.png

• Brohoof 15

Signature.png

That settles it.... Pinkie Pie is defiantly an alcoholic!

Maybe this also proves that they are all over 18 as well? (or maybe even 21) !

I think it's also cool to note i don't think you see fillies having any in the episode :)

• Brohoof 5

CW0AMZO.jpg?1?4895

Have ANY questions about Christianity? INBOX ME!         

It's not alcohol. At least it's not supposed to be. The Hub wouldn't let them show people under 21, and especially fillies and colts for that matter, drinking alcohol. Sure, it bubbles. It's probably fizzy.

My OC

Stay pony my friends

"And ALWAYS remember...to never forget." - Someone who I'm sure has said this before I did

It's not alcohol. At least it's not supposed to be. The Hub wouldn't let them show people under 21, and especially fillies and colts for that matter, drinking alcohol. Sure, it bubbles. It's probably fizzy.

None alcoholic cider does not fizz, and it never shows any fillies or colts drinking it ever, or asking to, which is further support that it's alcohol.

• Brohoof 1

Signature.png

Well I think its been stated before, but yeah it does certainly resemble Alcoholic cider thats for sure.

Now this might be to simply make it more obvious what it is, or for effect or something, however logically speaking this does mean it is alcoholic.

However none of the ponies seem to really get drunk drinking it so yeah :P.

Ru8aWjK.png

Thanks to Gone Airbourne for the awesome sig!

My Oc's,

Ponysona, Bella

So. We are a bit slow on this once, yes?

Anyways; yea. It doesn't really matter. The reason it's drawn like that is so you can see it. Which is nice.

leafeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal        @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

Cider foams because it gets infused with oxygen. Like when it's dispensed through a tap. You know, how it's portrayed in the show?

img-1297716-1-clqS8aW.gif

That's okay though Harmonic; even you can't be a super smart smarty-smart-pants all the time!

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 1

Laxnggg.gif

Yes. That is alcohol. Because. The apple family are all southern. So they only know of alcohol and slavery and incest. Because they do.

"You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!" Solaire of Astora.

Would that make PARTY.MOV uncanny? lol
I mean, if the cider is alcoholic....and the movs introduce pinkie to be an alcoholic...eh? :3

ℓ٥ﻻ  ﻉ√٥υ

You really think that the writers would make an alcoholic drink and have people drink it in a show that's demographic is young children? Yeah...no.

The fact the "Getting Crap Past the Radar" and "What Do You Mean It's For Kids" tropes exist disprove that one(also, some of the staff said that like the idea of Berry Punch being the town drunk)

On topic, it may have been Rule of Fun, or intended to be booze, only the staff know for sure.  

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

The fact the "Getting Crap Past the Radar" and "What Do You Mean It's For Kids" tropes exist disprove that one(also, some of the staff said that like the idea of Berry Punch being the town drunk)

On topic, it may have been Rule of Fun, or intended to be booze, only the staff know for sure.  

Still, do you really think people writing MLP would put such a thing in the show anyways? I seriously doubt it, even if they could get past the filters set in place.

Still, do you really think people writing MLP would put such a thing in the show anyways? I seriously doubt it, even if they could get past the filters set in place.

Yes, yes I would. These are the people who have snuck in a Blazing Saddles shout-out, of all things, and they used salt as a stand-in for booze in "Over a Barrel". 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 3

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

Yes, yes I would. These are the people who have snuck in a Blazing Saddles shout-out, of all things, and they used salt and a stand-in for booze in "Over a Barrel". 

Well, I can't argue with that, I suppose. What you just explained generally makes a lot of sense. You got me. A Brohoof for you, sir. 

Edited by ThePilotGuy
  • Brohoof 1

Also, there's Pinkie's little remark here...

In case you don't get it... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spiked

Also, during Bridle Gossip, while Spike is handing out nicknames for everyone, he calls Applejack "Appletini."

You know, that alcoholic drink?

So, yup. Drunk ponies confirmed.

Edited by SonOfTheNorthe
  • Brohoof 2

Eh, some of the quotes prove that alcohol exists, but the cider? Nah.

Cider itself takes a few days to ferment (and that's on the very short end of the time frame), but we watched the Apple family press it right there on site, meaning that it couldn't have been alcoholic. To get extreme fizz, you'd need a week or two, and perhaps more - and that just didn't happen.

• Brohoof 1

Fresh cider can produce a foam when recently dispensed. Granted, it's not a lot, but when dispensed from a tap as it was, as Circadian mentioned, it will often produce some fizz.

Of course, the demographic would also help determine whether or not it's alcoholic (I don't think it is), but much like in real life, cider is very addictive.

Detroit Tigers- Back to Back AL Central Champs

When in doubt, post ponies!

So many people have often disputed the claims that the cider in My Little Pony is hard cider (or normal cider, as none alcoholic cider is a special kind) but there is actually proof that is is alcohol.

Cider only bubbles when it has alcohol. The cider that the Apple family makes bubbles.

Their cider is the alcoholic kind.

Just a friendly heads up, we had several cider threads floating around and for convenience I consolidated your topic and several others into this one :)