Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do anti-bronies seek to achieve?

Yes-Man

The title says it all.

What do they seek to achieve in create hate groups, hate videos, hate-art, hate-everything?!

I've asked a few, and here are answers I've gotten:

"To cure the Internet of cancer."

"To stop all rabid-bronies like you."

"To make sure the Internet is safe from people like you."

"Go ____ a horse."

"To kill all bronies"

I received many others which where exactly the same or too insulting.

So I'm asking more experienced bronies than myself; What do they seek to achieve?

• Brohoof 4

Like most people that hate others for falling outside the "norm", they just want the world to bend to their will, and ideas of how things should be. 

Things they don't understand make them nervous, and they rather make those things go away than try and understand them. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 16

They seek to achieve ATTENTION. They're all just haters, and think that they can make fun of other groups who don't lke the same things as them. I told a friend once that I was a brony, and she was all,"What's a brony?" So i showed her a few clips from episodes that I THOUGHT would possibly change her opinion, and she was all, "Mlp?!? my little sisters don't even watch that!" She was laughing then i left her house. and her life. forever. xD

• Brohoof 7

The anti-bronies want to achieve, cleansing the world so to speak of all things brony. They want to get rid of us so badly, that they are jealous of us I find it very ridiculous what haters will do these days.

• Brohoof 5

They don't really have a specific goal. They only try to troll the majority of us for amusement. They will eventually die down from the pony fandom and end up hating something else. It will only continue if people keep giving them reasons to hate it. That being said, not every brony & Pegasister have the same ideals and feelings towards ponies.

Not like they are actually doing anything/have anything in their lives when we have something that motivates & inspires us.

Best to always ignore them! :3

Edited by Claudia

It's a shameful double standard in society where men can't associate themselves with femininity. Yes I know MLP is intended for little girls. But bronies are fans of the show for a multitude of reasons. The art, the clever story lines and the complex characters. I am an art major and I tend to get obsessed over many cartoons. MLP is one of those shows that brings a smile to my face. Everything about it is simply amazing. From the color palette to the simplistic shapes. But these haters aren't accomplishing anything. Because the brony community is growing everyday. I used to hate the show and look at me now. However I hated the show before I even watched it because I thought it would be pitiful if I was watching a little girls show. But there is no shame to be had. The stereotype for all bronies is that we are overweight, unemployed, manchild virgins who live in our parent's basement. They might exist but those aren't all of us. So the hate isn't accomplishing anything.

• Brohoof 6

They seek attention. They want to upset you, and they want you to notice them.

They're getting what they want, obviously, because you're making yet another thread about them. They're making their mark, as they want.

• Brohoof 2

Since we veer from what society has set in place, and considers the norm, they become confused and maybe even scared because it goes against the grain of society and what they believe, 'it's different, so it's automatically bad' is what comes to mind, I find it to be a waste of time, why should they care at all? Immature in my opinion.

• Brohoof 3

Reactions. Attention. Etc. Since we are a deviant group, we are an easy target. Since we react so negatively, they get a lot attention for it. And since some bronies try to force bronydom on people, the haters grow.

There's an anti-everything. Anti-gun controls, Anti-religions, even Anti-matter. They just exist because they have to, for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction, for every opinion, there is an opposing opinion. Simple.

• Brohoof 3

It's hard to say, some have been fans of the show and turned into anti-bronies, saying the current trend is ruining the fandom.  They list various reasons from overindulgence in the show, NSFW images, obsession over fan created material vs canonical material, etc... .

As for some of the anti-bronies out there, I think they are just looking to hate on things.  Whatever crops up, they hate on it to make themselves stand out. 

Worst people are the "true" haters, and i'll never forget that story I read about a mom wanting to buy her son a MLPFIM toy.  That person at Toys-R-Us refused to point the mother to the section the toys were in, believing the kid is a boy and thus should play with "gender appropriate" toys for kids of his age.  It's those ideas, that line of thinking, dark age thinking, that truly disturbs me. 

Some of these people, I can't help but pity them.  They have so much hate in their lives, it seems like all they will ever be is hate-filled individuals.  Both offline and online no matter what comes their. 

• Brohoof 1

Everyone wants the attention, anti-bronies are another way to troll people and in extreme cases the bully and harm people which is the douche-est thing you could do to a person for liking a hobby. That's why next time you see a comment on youtube that's like "OMG DIZ VIDEO SUX AND U SHOULD FEEL BAD" Everyone tends to comment back and start having a flame war, this is what the troll was trying to do in the first place. That's why you just ignore it, thumbs down, flag for spam so no one else has to read that garbage.

Like hundreds of other people have said, they're trolls. They're either trolls or they're socially awkward. They just want to provoke us, and make us mad.

Basically what Kirino said, they want attention because they don't have any.

Or they're just douchebags with nothing else better do to but try to take out a group of people that watch a show.

For the lulz.

Entertainment purposes, what else? Shaming and making fun of your fellow man has been a major source of entertainment, amusement, and distraction for humans for a long time. The worst of enemies do it. The best of friends do it. Coworkers do it. Children. Grandparents. Pressing buttons is how we find out what makes others tick. Perhaps trolls (aka humans) making fun of us is how they try to find out why, or to how much of an extent, normal people can possibly be fanatics of cartoon ponies.

It makes sense to me. Yeah, it gets on our nerves--it would get on anyone's nerves, we're designed that way for societal life. But it makes sense.

• Brohoof 1

I think they are hoping to seek attention because they realize how popular the show is and they crave for that kind of attention.  I believe they are thinking that if they hate enough every brony on the planet will just suddenly realize what they are doing by watching my little pony and will just stop all together.

They're mainly like that because of immaturity, gender insecurity, insecurity with their sexuality (masculinity or femininity), and a bit of homophobia (as in not wanting to appear "gay" to the point of lashing out at anything that could possibly not be seen as manly). It's their way of attempting to strike back against something that makes them uncomfortable and that they can't understand. Just ignore them and pity them because they're wasting so much time in their short lives obsessing over putting so much hate into the internet only for it's main target (us) accept, love, and tolerate the crap out of them XD. It must be infuriating for them...

• Brohoof 1

They see us as a threat to masculinity thats all. We're different an aberration from the norm and so must therefore be purged from existence.

Also they're in it for attention and well... to troll.

back when i was a hater (yes i used to be one :() my hatred stemmed from a few things, at the time i was kind of a homophobe, and seeing that a bunch of dudes liked a show about cartoon ponies seemed wrong to me, that and i had given up hopes cartoons so assumed it was stupid

i wasnt trying to acomplish anything, i didnt like them, i expressed it, and i made fun of them for my own amusement (the reason i started watching the show was so i could use the show against them XD)

but i have noticed that a lot of people take it way too far, even back then i would of avoided those people,

• Brohoof 2

they just want to be"cool" when really there just making themselves look like fucking assholes, which they are. most of the time they dont even know what their hating on, i mean at least watch it before you decide that its not for you.