Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone think more villains will reform in the series?

TheMarkz0ne

Now that discord has reformed, or at least I think he really did. I think he might turn evil again for the sake of the show. But do you think other MLP villains will get the same treatment? It's kid of dark for a kids show. Queen Chysalsis to me is the darkest villain in the series since she is literaly a parasite and would never reform period. What do you think.

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

"reform" is really not the best word here. I doubt either Trixie or Discord are fully institutionalized reformed.

Trixie now has resepect for Twilight, but she is still trixie,  one humbling does not a humble pony make.  Discord will use his magic for good,  most of the time.  But really,  he'll still do it for bad whenever he sees fit,  as he doesn't really see himself doing "Bad" or "good".  He's having fun.    Only now,  whenever he has fun in a way that his DIRE QUEEN OVERLORD, Fluttershy doesn't approve,  he undoes it.

Who do we even have to choose from.

Gilda?   No thanks,  shes a meanie stinky doo doo head.

The Diamond Dogs?  Unless David Bowie himself makes an appearance, I don't wanna see those pooches again.

The Hydra?  I actually wouldn't mind seeing an episode where one of the heads is really really sorry for trying to eat twilight, but the others just totally don't agree.

Flim and Flam?  Well, they never were really evil to begin with.  Just business ponies trying to make a profit on the apples failure to match supply and demand.   Had the apples haggled a bit more, then everypony could have gotten delicious cider.   (more on that later) 

• Brohoof 1

I don't think any of the other ones we have at the moment can really be reformed. Chrysalis is the leader of a race that feeds on love, and King Sombra is probably dead. (Unless he can survive as long as his horn is intact.) And in my opinion, we don't need any more reforms.

Neither of the "reformations" were legit, I believe. Trixie apologized so she wouldn't have to pay for all she did. Discord is... Discord. The  ending to that episode was awful (I mean, what was up with all the disgusted faces at the end? Really? That's horrible.), so I highly doubt it will keep continuity.

I don't want any more of these anyway. Unless we can have 6... then we could have an anti mane 6. Which would be awesome. So yea. Unless that, no want.

I highly doubt there will be any other reforms really..  All of the characters who could be reformed that would make sense really have been reformed. Most of the others I doubt will be reformed ever if even make an appearance again.

I don't think they have to reform everybody though, that wouldn't make much sense anyways.

Chrysalis won't be reformed as she and her subjects need to feed on love, without it they'd starve.  Sombra went and ded.  The other ones were minor antagonists, and actually Trixie really wasn't reformed.

Sorry, but if Celestia is so willing to give Discord a second chance, then her willing to repair relations with Changelings is not in the realm of the impossible. I can imagine an episode based on an early episode of Young Justice, where like the North and South Korea based countries, the Changeling Kingdom and Equestria's leaders gather at a peace summit to try and work out peace, with who else being the arbitrator (in Young Justice, Lex Luthor) than Discord.

Edited by Magic Man

I'm still waiting on the Gilda reform episode mainly due to her past with Rainbow Dash, I honestly think she'd benefit from it more than Trixie did

I suspect they'll be no more reformations. As has been pointed out the Changlings need to feed on love so reforming would lead to starvation (unless they actually feed on emotion and have to learn how to... Digest? Other emotions).

I still don't think Sombra's dead, and I also don't see him reforming. Seeking vengeance maybe but not reforming.

Gilda is the only villain (ish) character left, and I can only really see us running across her if the mane 6 were called to the Griffon Kingdoms for some reason.

Honestly, no I don't. I highly doubt the Changelings will reform, or any other villains that I can't think of right now. We need at least one villain on the show, otherwise it gets boring. I'm not saying I don't want them to reform, I just don't think that they will.

If they reformed Chrysalis in the slightest, we'd just have an unaltered Trixie, as I find they have similar personalities. I don't think they'll reform more villains unless they come up with one that has a personality that most fans like. Discord wasn't really that dark, he was just looking for entertainment suit for him.

The Changelings themselves aren't necesarily evil. Same kind of applies applies to the Queen herself. She just came of as a really asshole-ish b***h. 

But do I see her being "reformed"? No. I think she's to proud of an individual to give up on who she is. Which I feel is fine. She works well in the role of returning villain I think.

Gilda? I never saw her as a villain. Any "reformation" for her could be included during a visit to the Griffon Kingdom. 

Well, I think that the show will sometimes create new villians, and possibly re-show them at certain points. I kinda want to see the return of Queen Chrysalis. But the show kinda has to make more villians, otherwise there would be no plot. However, not all villians can have a second showing, then it'd get predictable. But I think some villians will return, but most likely they will be showing more new ones. But I think King Sombra definitively needs to come back. I need to know more about him!

Just because you are bad guy, does not mean you are....Bad, guy.

I don't think Discord was evil, i think he just didn't know any better.

Chyalysis needs to feeds of off love to live, so you can't blame her for wanting to survive and keep her colony alive.

Nightmare Moon squashed that jealousy bug she had with Celestia and i think she's happy with her current position as second in charge.

Wait what was the question again? Oh well...

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy

Now that discord has reformed, or at least I think he really did. I think he might turn evil again for the sake of the show. But do you think other MLP villains will get the same treatment? It's kid of dark for a kids show. Queen Chysalsis to me is the darkest villain in the series since she is literaly a parasite and would never reform period. What do you think.

Chrysalis is the only villain who is still out there. Nightmare Moon was destroyed when the Mane 6 freed Luna, and Sombra was turned to crystal and shattered.

While I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of the changelings, it's unlikely that they'll ever be "reformed".

There really isn't anything they can do that wouldn't sound super cheesy with some characters like Chrysalis and Sombre. It does seem to be a bit of a theme in this season that they are patching up old rivalries but it's usually characters that are not inherently evil. Discord is a being of Chaos, thus he was never particularly evil so much as he was just doing what he does best. Luna was only evil out of jealousy and spite and those things can be remedied with friendship. 

NMM was just an elter ego. Wich Luna got over when the elements of harmony hit her. Discord was never evil. Just Like alot of people he just wanted attention. Chrysalis on the other hands cant be friends with AnyPony exept for maybe Sombra because she needs to feed off love for her people. Sombra is too cool for reforming

Discord was never evil. He never had bad intentions in mind, he was only more "Fulfilling his own omnipotent crazy selfish desires." Those desires got in the way of everypony's lives and so they sealed him in stone. In comparison, Nightmare moon was not evil, in that she only really really loved the night and wanted to fulfill her own selfish desires. None of these were carried out with the intent of harming anypony. Thus, she was able to be "reformed" back into Luna. 

However, there was also Chrysalis and King Sombra. Chrysalis' goal was to manipulate the Royal Guard of Canterlot to weaken its defenses so she could take over the world and feed off of the love and friendship of the citizens of Equestria. Sombra's was to enslave an entire race. These goals are rather different. Instead of preferring the world to be one way or another, these villains want others to become their slaves, directly hostile towards their everyday lives. These villains are ones that cannot be reformed.

Then there are the antagonists that are not really villains. Trixie, Flim and Flam, and Lightning Dust fall into this category. Trixie was a traveling performer who has to act big and brag to everypony so she could entertain them. Her show was run into the ground when Snips and Snails called her bluff and Twilight Sparkle was the only pony to save the town from being destroyed. She projected this hate onto Twilight, understandably, with the loss of her career, and set out to make everypony think she was the stronger magician again. Flim and Flam were salesponies who had a machine that was genuinely more efficient than the Apple Family, but not more efficient than the Apple Family and friends. I believe that if they were less greedy, they could have come to a good compromise and become business partners. However, since they promised to leave, I don't think they'll be coming back. Lightning Dust is just a pony who tries too hard and disregards her fellow ponies' safety. She's basically a more reckless Rainbow Dash. I don't think she will be reformed, otherwise she just basically becomes a reskinned Rainbow Dash. 

Just my thoughts.

I'm going to list off villains and state my opinion

-Night mare moon. She has. (is now Luna.)

-Trixe "has" (Sidenote on Trixie. Why does everypony hate her, but not Snips and Snails, who brought the Ursa Minor upon the town. True, they thought she could stop it, but at least she tried! Those two purposefully brought the Ursa upon the town!)

-Gilda. I doubt she will even come back.

-Diamond dogs. Probably not.

-Discord "has" (Some say he isn't evil, but I'd have to say he is chaotic evil. It is true that he doesn't mean to harm others intentionally, but he also has no care for the well being of others, and pursues his own goals regardless of how much pain and strife it causes. I would even argue some of this he does to hurt others intentionally, as a lot of his actions are done specifically to cause discord and unrest in others.)

-Silver spoon/Diamond Tiara. They are just brat kids, and will probably stay that way.

-Chrysalis. I don't know about her personally, but I'd say changelings could. (I'm even going to plug a fic I wrote with some such elements in it!) If they feed off of love, couldn't they very well live with the ponies, feeding off of the love in their society? Equestria has an abundance of love, I'm sure the changelings would fit in fine. Chrysallis was doing what she had to to keep her subjects alive, if there was some other way to live mutually off of the love of Equestria, they probably would accept.

-Sombra. Maybe if he actually had some characterization I could form a viewpoint.

-Flim and Flam. They will most likely stay shady businessmen till the end.

-Hydra. Is a hydra. No further comment.

-Timberwolves. See "Hydra," but replace the word Hydra with Timberwolf.

-Any other dragon in the series besides Spike. Unlikely.

-Photo Finish. Not actually a villain, or even the antagonist of her episode.

-Angel Bunny. The most evil being around. Will likely cause utter destruction of the world. The very idea of  "reformation" makes him laugh in sadistic glee.

Edited by Brosparkles