Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

-Twilight Sparkle, the rest of the Mane Six, Spike, and the CMC will all make an appearance.

-There will be twenty-six episodes this time.

-Diamond Tiara will be in an episode.

-Nightmare Moon will appear again.

-There will be at least one song.

Hundred bits this season will disappoint me tremendously. >_>

One thing that hope doesn't happen is that I hope the mane 6 don't start calling Twilight princess. That would annoy me so much and it would be pretty much saying "Twilight is approve her friends now."

That being said something I think would funny is if Twilight annoyed RD about something RD just said "Well excuse me princess." Because old jokes from 2006 (or 1989) are still funny. But that's the only way they would get away with that.

Don't know what has been said of this previously...

About this vague bit of info from the SDCC panel: "They are doing something that they have never done on the show before but keeping it the same pony style."  

Sounds to me like they are restructuring the show format somehow. I'm thinking (and hoping): Continuing storylines.

There has been slight continuity before (notably the Grand Galloping Gala story arc from S1), and they have pretty much said that stuff was planted in S3 for continuation into S4.

Twilight adjusting to being an alicorn and "the life of a princess" (whatever that is) is a story that can't be explored realistically within one episode (or even two, assuming the season opener is a two-parter). Character development like that needs to take place over a longer timespan.

The animatics shown at SDCC indicate that the Equestria Games will be a thing in S4, I'm thinking this event will be built up towards throughout the season just like the gala in season 1.

There would be so much potential for deeper character development if the show became less procedural. For example, Scootaloo bonding with Rainbow Dash despite her inability to fly is another story that would benefit from having a longer arc. Perhaps also Fluttershy helping the reformed Discord trying to adapt to normal society.

The thing that argues against this is that the show's airing order and continuity becomes more locked (thus making syndication more of an issue). Perhaps the show becomes a bit more complicated to follow for very young viewers. However, they have already broken the rule of individual episodes being completely isolated and not relying on earlier episodes by having Twilight change her entire form. There will now be a direct, noticeable difference at first glance between episodes before and after Twilight's transformation.

tl;dr: MORE CONTINUITY PLZ

Currently, I'm not quite sure what I want to see, mostly because I want to be surprises. As long as they don't do anything too nuanced, I think I would be happy with anything the writers come up with.

Guys

Meghan McCarthy left a Tweet taking about the animation in a certain episode. Now that's gotten me thinking not many of us considered anything about the animation.

In Magical Mystery Cure the animation was just godly so hopefully they continue to keep up thier epic streak of animation throughout the episodes and at least give out a memorable scene from each episode with that kind of animation.

I hope too that in S4 animation will be amazing like in Magical Mystery Cure.

But in S4 I wanna see more places from the map of Equestria like that place from spoiler video ;x

- Applejack wins the lottery or comes into a large fortune.

- CMC episode split into two 15 min segments. They have the narrator guy from Power Puff Girls narrate the episode. CMC notice the weird pony following and saying what they are doing. Then by the end of the show, they yell at him to go away. Diamond Tiara acts like a super villain. Then one with Discord playing along with the CMC.

- 5 hour magical energy drink that several ponies get hooked on. Zecora is familiar with the maker. Adverse effects of boosting the magical power of Unicorns.

Edited by Singe

So i heard that season 4 is coming on during November this year so i am wondering what evevrpony is expecting in the new adventures. Maybe there will be a connection between the movie and the new episodes ?

so be free to express any of ur expectations or what ur hoping for : D 

, we actually already happened to have a pinned thread for sharing what we think or hope will be in Season 4, so your topic's been merged with that one :). I'd like to see some more little songs out of Pinkie Pie myself, as well as some more of Lightning Dust.

• Brohoof 1

All I'm hoping for is that it's better than season 3, after the second season the quality of the show really dropped, hopefully season 4 can get back to what made MLP a good show.

• Brohoof 2

Another of Celestia's students appears in Season 4 since she should have more than 2. It could be a colt who had a crush on Celestia. That would be something.

I didn't mind season 3 for the most part, there were a couple of gems in there and a decent amount of development.
The finale kinda left a weird taste in the mouth, but after seeing the season 4 animatics my faith has been restored.

Aside from the things already promised in the animatics, i'd love to see:

- A continuation of Discord & Fluttershy's friendship.
Y'know how Rainbow Dash appeared in Twilight's library once, just chilling out with a Daring Do book?
I want to see something like that. I want a casual visit to Fluttershy's house where Discord is sat at the table sipping tea with her.

- Apparently they said that someone who's never sang before is going to get to do so. There is also apparently a full-blown musical episode, just like the S3 finale. In either case, please please please let it be Discord, Luna or Big Mac that gets to sing.

1. Revealing whether Equestria is a planet or just a country
  2. History, the first ponies who existed Adam and Eve kinda thing or Cave-ponies that would do
  3. Starswirl The Bearded history
  4. Medieval pony-age, now how would that be, I wonder...
  5. of course Derpy, more Derpy
  6. Future pony-age where everything is high-tech
  7. Mystery episodes, like the MMMM Investigation episode

mostly everything that is related to the timeline

Big Mac that gets to sing.
Big Mac signs Ol' Man River in season 4. Of course it's cut short because nobody in the world wants to hear Big Mac say "I'm tired of Living, and scared of dying" that wouldn't fly with parents.

1. Revealing whether Equestria is a planet or just a country

It's a country.

The Hearths Warming Eve episode documented the founding of Equestria, which involved travelling from the original country the three tribes lived in. The piece of land they found was dubbed Equestria.

If Equestria is the name of the planet, then that whole episode is retconned in its concept.

Also, think about the different body types of the Saddle Arabian ponies in Magic Duel, which seems to suggest far off and exotic countries that exist outside of Equestria.

And let's not forget the Apple Family's song in the season 4 preview. "We'll sing our song 'cross the pony nation,

From Equestria and beyond."

Surely Equestria is a country, then? Since going 'beyond' the planet itself would be space travel.

• Brohoof 1

It's a country.

The Hearths Warming Eve episode documented the founding of Equestria, which involved travelling from the original country the three tribes lived in. The piece of land they found was dubbed Equestria.

If Equestria is the name of the planet, then that whole episode is retconned in its concept.

Also, think about the different body types of the Saddle Arabian ponies in Magic Duel, which seems to suggest far off and exotic countries that exist outside of Equestria.

And let's not forget the Apple Family's song in the season 4 preview. "We'll sing our song 'cross the pony nation,

From Equestria and beyond."

Surely Equestria is a country, then? Since going 'beyond' the planet itself would be space travel.

Okay, now that answered it.

Space travel, well there's the moon, the sun, stars, comets, asteroid shower mentioned by Twilight. Yeah maybe I would like to see space traveling ponies. Or alien ponies... alright I'm good

Derpy and rainbow dash definetly also vinyl clave arch and Octavia episode would be really cool to see maybe some discord to

Hells to the yes for more Octavia.  And no, the recolor in Apple Family Reunion doesn't count.  I wanna see some base action.  I'd love to see more Vinyl as well, though she has gotten a bit more screen time in comparison to Octavia.  Including Equestria Girls!

I am looking forward to seeing new episodes and maybe new songs.

You're in luck then because season 4 is going to have a lot of them, just like season 2.

I just hope that the 'musical episode' rumor wasn't a false one.

Things I'd like to see:

• Another Luna-centric episode. Actually a Celestia episode would be cool as well.
  • A return of Gilda and/or Blueblood.
  • A least a crumb of background for Scootaloo.
  • Have them do something with Discord, at least some cameos.
  • BRING BACK DERPY!!!

I have the same hopes for the season too, but not much of a Gilda person, but an episode with Blueblood would be cool. I wonder what a Blueblood episode would be like.

Please more Rarity over dramatic freak outs. We can never have enough of those.

I also think this show lacks sarcasm. I think adding more would make it even more funny.

There is a lot I would like to see, but ill just list some ;)

~ More episodes with the Cutiemark Crusaders

~ More on Scootaloo and Dash's relationship

~ Another Discord episode

~ Bring back Derpy!!

~ More on Rainbow Dash and the Wonderbolts

~ There should be a new pony, like a sort of background pony but not really, like Babseed

~ More Babseed :derp: 

~ More with Luna and Celestia

like I said that's just some hehe

oh and more on the background ponies :)  they need some looovveee :wub: hehe also I think fluttershy should get an episode based on her ;)