Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash Fan Club

Tomiix

It's really extraordinary; the lengths to which a hater has to go to ignore Rainbow's MANY obvious virtues and appealing personality traits.  That members of the Brony community (comprised of the disparaged, misunderstood, and the ostracized) would even hurl such attacks her way shows that they - quite unlike Rainbow - haven't learned any relevant lessons of their own.  And anyone who claims they wouldn't want a loyal, dazzling, courageous, fun-loving, acts of heroism and Rainboom-performing pegasus as a friend has set their friendship bar impossibly high.

I agree completely!  Not only is she a ton of fun just to watch, and a awesome character, she's the perfect person you'd want to have your back.  Heck, when writing my future fanfic, she's the only one of the mane 6 that i wanted to include the grandchild of (later added pinkie pie's, since she's just so much fun!).  I just HAD to have a Rainbow-style character.   just makes things 20% cooler!

B)

• Brohoof 3

Putting this here because it's too true

awwww..... she looks so sad in that last image.  makes me feel bad....   :( 

here you go RD!  We all luv ya!!!   B) 

rainbow_dash_is_best_pony_wallpaper_by_m

Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate.gif   post-14869-0-90559900-1367658886.jpg

and because I thought it was funny.... 

aefc75d8-0411-3e1e.jpg

• Brohoof 6

Animation spoilered on account of a "bad word."

EhFwaKf.gif

Now that everyone's un-spoilered and enjoyed that anyway... xD

I purchased some Dashie / pony stuff at a local store today:

post-26550-0-98377600-1422654286_thumb.pngpost-26550-0-83940900-1422654296_thumb.png

Rainbow made both the front and back covers! ^ 3 ^

And the Dashie stickers soon found their way onto my video game consoles.

post-26550-0-14365800-1422654308_thumb.png

• Brohoof 5

that clip that you made is just....

That one I actually didn't make; I can't take credit for its awesomeness.  As far as I know, the internet made it lol.

I will not see AppleDash...

post-26550-0-18193400-1422655388_thumb.png

I will not see AppleDash......

post-26550-0-37571500-1422655409_thumb.png

I.........  Is Rainbow licking the mane of a tiny Fluttershy? xD

post-26550-0-78563700-1422655515_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

Anyone else feel like this sometimes?

tumblr_mvb16djyah1shhncpo1_400.gif

So.. lets solve that by adding some awesomeness to the club! B)

tumblr_nivwuiYHOZ1rpb34po1_1280.jpg

Rainbow rocks the armored look!

tumblr_ni0qlt7y2i1tbc4r9o1_1280.png

• Brohoof 6

post-26550-0-90396600-1422663943_thumb.p

now that's funny!  lol  love it!   B)

trolling google for funny pics.  here's a a few that really mad me laugh!

ed5732ce1829db94489df007541db693bacb11b6

inrainbowdashsdefence.jpg

rainbow_dash_meme_1_by_lover246hello-d4r

Edited by nx9100
  • Brohoof 6

Is it me or does Dash get more criticism from fans than the other characters? Like, it might be me, but a lot of fans seem to go nuts whenever Dash does something "bad". Like her knocking Fluttershy in the air in the Crystal Empire episode during the jousting scene, or when she "traded" Fluttershy in Trade Ya. Heck, I remember when Sleepless in Ponyville was going to air soon and it was either a synopsis or a teaser that revealed that Dash would be telling scary stories during the camping trip. And the haters were already judging her for telling scary stories, thinking she was gonna go overboard and traumatize the fillies or something. And now it's one of the more popular episodes.

But I rarely see criticism when "bad" things are done to her. Like Pinkie hogging several cups of cider in the beginning of the cider episode and rubbing it in Dash's face. She could've shared those with her friends like she did in the end. Or when Fluttershy pretty much trampled Dash in Dragon Quest. Instead, I think the haters probably criticized Dash for trying to make Fluttershy go to the dragon migration with her. Because who cares if Dash gets the wind knocked out of her by her best friend w/o an apology, as long as Fluttershy isn't forced into something she doesn't want to do.

That doesn't seem right and makes no sense to me. :(

And another thing that baffles me is when some fans claim she is a bully or that she would be a better antagonist. I'm sorry, what!? Dash hates bullies and bad guys, so she obviously wouldn't want to be one! She may be a bit tough sometimes, but she doesn't take satisfaction in hurting others, especially her friends.

I just don't get it. :/

• Brohoof 5

Is it me or does Dash get more criticism from fans than the other characters? Like, it might be me, but a lot of fans seem to go nuts whenever Dash does something "bad". Like her knocking Fluttershy in the air in the Crystal Empire episode during the jousting scene, or when she "traded" Fluttershy in Trade Ya. Heck, I remember when Sleepless in Ponyville was going to air soon and it was either a synopsis or a teaser that revealed that Dash would be telling scary stories during the camping trip. And the haters were already judging her for telling scary stories, thinking she was gonna go overboard and traumatize the fillies or something. And now it's one of the more popular episodes.

But I rarely see criticism when "bad" things are done to her. Like Pinkie hogging several cups of cider in the beginning of the cider episode and rubbing it in Dash's face. She could've shared those with her friends like she did in the end. Or when Fluttershy pretty much trampled Dash in Dragon Quest. Instead, I think the haters probably criticized Dash for trying to make Fluttershy go to the dragon migration with her. Because who cares if Dash gets the wind knocked out of her by her best friend w/o an apology, as long as Fluttershy isn't forced into something she doesn't want to do.

That doesn't seem right and makes no sense to me. :(

And another thing that baffles me is when some fans claim she is a bully or that she would be a better antagonist. I'm sorry, what!? Dash hates bullies and bad guys, so she obviously wouldn't want to be one! She may be a bit tough sometimes, but she doesn't take satisfaction in hurting others, especially her friends.

I just don't get it. :/

You're definitely not the only one to notice it. It was always infuriating to see some bronies act so judgmental towards RD for every little thing she does, it's really unfair and unreasonable(not to mention their claims are extremely over-the-top and again unreasonable), especially when other characters do the exact same thing and are ignored or for some reason praised for it. 

Though I disagree with the Pinkie Pie part in that while have it as bad as Dash's, she still comes under a lot fire for a lot of things she does(like hogging all of the cider)

• Brohoof 2

I always thought rarity was more of a.... well... 'mean' character then RD.  she just annoys me sometimes.  but Rainbow deff gets more crap then she deserves.  some people just can't take the awesome, i suppose...

f06e1e3c84716decda7a11fdf3c81eceb7947fa6

• Brohoof 4

*snip*

Quick 30 second summary.

What this boils down to is:

1. Her early arrogance in S1

2. The large amount of fans she had in the beginning made her seem 'overrated'.

3. People saw her arrogance and thought it made her a 'simple' or 'shallow' character. 

4. Some may also be reminded of other people they know IRL with a similar personality that were/are jerks, and choose to associate her with said people.

5. Some people view some of her personality traits as undesirable.

6. Or just flat out don't like her character.

Still doesn't give people a reason to hate her. But those who draw the most attention often receive the most scrutiny. (See: Society)

This is by no means an exhaustive list, but at 3 AM, this is the best I could come up with! :P

• Brohoof 1

Thought it'll be nice to join this here club. :3

Rainbow Dash is my favourite pony, and what makes me like her a lot is her personality. She can be impulsive and arrogant, but she is also somebody who wouldn't give up on anything, which is something I can relate to. Not just that, but seeing her develop as a character makes me proud for her, oddly enough. From being a brash athlete to a considerate friend, she is the Mane 6 member I love seeing grow the most. I guess that's part of the reason why Wonderbolts Academy is one of my favourite episodes.

There's also something I like about her design. Normally I tend to gush over male character due to genders and stuff, but for some reason, I find Rainbow to be kind of... hot? It's probably because of the mischievous grins she likes to make, but I also love her mane and colours.

I hope to be a great contribution to this club. Have some Dashie fan art! :D

rainbow_dash_by_nikohl-d3gqjxs.png

• Brohoof 7

Is it me or does Dash get more criticism from fans than the other characters?

It has far more to do with the fans than it will ever have to do with Rainbow.   This fandom is just as inclined to "hate" and disparagement as any other, and some Bronies needlessly put everything and everypony from the show under some judgmental magnifying glass.  Rainbow Dash is a prime target for any wielders of that tool because she isn't perfect.  She's amazing.  An extraordinarily skilled flier.  She's brave and heroic.  Possesses the qualities of a leader; can effectively bring ponies together towards the same goal.  Other ponies listen to her and admire her.  She's quick-thinking and quick-acting.  She's demonstrated that she has integrity.  And she's a loyal friend.  But she's not perfect.  And flaws are simply unforgivable...  Despite the fact that everypony - and everyone - has them.

But flaws are real.  Believable.  Interesting.  And flaws give all of us room to grow.  We've seen Rainbow grow during these past four seasons, and I - for one - think she's capable of anything.  She has no ceiling.  And even if she did, she'd just Rainboom through the damned thing. x3  But she'll never measure up to what "haters" want her to be, and they'll never forgive her for being flawed from the get-go.  She'll never be perfect.

And thank goodness.  Perfect is boring, and Rainbow has certainly never been that.

• Brohoof 6