Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trixie's Popularity

Reani

47 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like Trixie?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neither

2385_200.png Trixie Lulamoon (Trixious Lulacous)

Trixie Lulamoon, a unicorn pony who's specialty is making spectacular special effects (triple s combo), is mainly portrayed as pretty much a big meany. During season 1, she was nothing more than a loud mouth, but, when she reappeared in season 3, she used her newly bought powers to cause distress among the ponies in Ponyville. Even though she is mean, I can't help but like her. There is something in that, when it's true, innocent smile of hers that I can't help but like. I'm interested to see how many people replying to this topic like or dislike Trixie. I would also like to hear why they like her or why not. Thank you.

• Brohoof 5

*Awaits for firebolt's arival* :P.

Anyways, I have nothing wrong with any of the charactors in the show, i think they're all great in their own lights, I think that even though i'll admit I wasn't a fan or anything before the latest episode with her in it, and now I'm much more fond of her as she feels more developed and in a better place overall.

I certainly won't get on somebody for liking a pony, I see no reason to :P. I love all the characters like I said and have said many times.

Theres plenty of reasons to like Trixie just as theres reasons to like any other character on the show.

• Brohoof 3

Firebolt will descend on this thread like fire from heaven.

Anyway, I do feel sorry for Trixie. I'm not a particularly big fan, but I did like her return in Magic Duel and I think the Great and Apologetic Trixie has potential to be used in interesting ways in future seasons :).

Voted neutral.

• Brohoof 1

I am fairly neutral on Trixie, I am not a huge fan of Trixie but I don't really hate her either. Yeah she is pretty cocky but cocky characters if done right can be pretty interesting.

I was not a fan of Trixie in season 1.

I thought she was a complete bitch, actually ^_^

She redeemed herself a bit in season 3, but I still really don't like her. If she returned again I probably wouldn't watch the episode.

I mean, I feel like she's kind of like Derpy. She's not that important to he show, but everyone still loves her. I personally, now that she's at least somewhat nice, do not love, but like her.

I liked her.  In a strange way, I think her arrogance, while putting ponies off, was part of her charm.  While she's not my favorite, I could totally see the appeal.. Yes she was high and mighty, but she kind of had a twinkle in her eye at the same time, which made her cute rather than obnoxious.

I like her because she never did anything wrong. She was an entertainer. To entertain ponies, you have to show off and brag, even if it isn't true. The strongest man in the world at the circus isn't really the strongest man in the world. But you still have fun watching him lift weights. Trixie is not the most magical unicorn in Equestria, but she makes a living by entertaining people as one. Snips and Snails were the real idiots who believed her, and did something incredibly dangerous, forcing Twilight Sparkle to have to show her own enormous power, making Trixie seem so weak in comparison it ruined her show. 

This was the first time we met Trixie and I couldn't help but feel sorry for her, an entire career has been destroyed because of Snips and Snails' mistakes. 

Then she sought to reclaim her title, and worked hard to purchase a powerful amulet so she could look strong again. I believe at the beginning, her only intent was to publicly defeat Twilight Sparkle in a magical duel so that people would watch her show again, and so she wouldn't need to work on a rock farm. But she didn't know the amulet would corrupt her, so after she won, she became slowly mad with power, ruining whatever remained of the image she tried to salvage. 

It just seems like the world just won't give her a break. 

• Brohoof 3

Don't like her at all. My reasons are varied and I have discussed them at length in other threads similar to this one. I don't feel the need to reiterate. People can go look at my other posts if they want the full breakdown, but the main dislikes I have for Trixie are: 1. She cheats. 2. She blames others for things that are her own fault. 3. She treats other ponies (particularly Snips and Snails) badly. The show-off aspect I can accept, but I don't feel any kind of sympathy for her.

inb4 this turns into a flame war between anti-Trixie and pro-Trixie members.

Edited by Full Spectrum

I really like Trixie.  Trixie is my favorite non-mane 6 pony.  Mostly I like her from her first episode.  I have made my arguments many times in the past and I'll sum them up here.  I see her as a hero, not a villain at all.  She fought hard against that Ursa even though she knew she couldn't do it.  She is a hard worker putting that show together herself.  She is generous to be willing to put on a show like that even if not everypony appreciates it.  On the fan side of things she is great for the fan made music and art.  I could realisticly see Trixie taking Twilights place as the unicorn of the mane 6 while Twilight gets upgraded and is he over all leader, making them the mane 7.  

Personally I have neutral feelings towards Trixie. At the worst she's just misguided and I don't believe that she's truly evil at heart, that was just the Alicorn Amulet at work. She might be mean, yes, but I'm sure all of us have been mean at some point of our life or another.

*Waits for Firebolt to arrive and unleash her wrath on Trixie naysayers  :lol: *

Ever since she came back in Magic Duel, and became the Great and Apologetic Trixie, I absolutely love her.

I've even been considering joining the Friends of Trixie Association.

inb4 Firebolt, Tom and the others praise me to death. :3

Edited by ~Хаотичан Четник~
  • Brohoof 1

I like her because she seems very feisty yet has a soft interior when you get past the whole "egotistical showmare" thing. Not to mention she's rather attractive if you ask me at any rate.

I didn't really like what they did with her in Season 3 although I put it down to the influence of the Alicorn Amulet, although The Great and Apologetic Trixie is adorable.

Hallo!

Firebolt will descend on this thread like fire from heaven.

I knew someone was going to mention this as soon as i saw the vote poll :P

Personally, i like trixie. She seems like a fun character, and really gives some spirit to the show. Trixie has an awesome design/appearance, and i can definately relate to some of her charecteristics. :P

I do like Trixie. I like her when she is good or bad. A true fan would like a pony even if, they are mean and evil or good and apologetic. I do feel sorry for Trixie, but I know a certain person that really does like Trixie : Firebolt. She will come into this topic sooner or later. Trixie really does catch my eye when she appeared in Boast Busters and Magic Duel, she really is a cool unicorn.

The Great and Apologetic, Trixie!

img-1165474-1-Trixie_Stage_S1E06.png

I don't hate Trixie, but she isn't my favorite pony of them all. She was just a loud mouth pony who thought she knew it all in Season 1, but she did come back in Season 3 with a new attitude and a new amulet of course. :)

In Season 1 I didn't like Trixie at all of course, but in Season 3 I started to warm up to her just a bit more then the previous Season. She's way less snobby, but was back to get revenge from Twilight.

I do admit that I like Trixie way better this Season than last Season. She has learned her mistakes and has said sorry for them as well. She has a learned a lesson, and I do hope time see her again later, in a good way instead of bad. :)

Trixie is the classic example of someone seeking friendship but doesn't know how to go about it the right way. Her magical prowess and show boasting is really a cry for help. I'm not entirely  100% on her back story i forget what it was. But if she has never known what having friends is like she only knows that boasting will make a few people like her. I think despite all that happened to her Twilight was able to see that. I like the idea that she is perceived as a "meanie" though. She is a good antagonist for Twilight. People who have been hurt and don't know what friendship is like resort to evil to get what they think is love. A good example of this being the Sith Empire in Star Wars. If you remember Anakin Skywalker turned to evil in the hopes that it would save the one he loved the most.  Reminds me of a Wonder Woman VS Circe scenario. I think that most people that like her can see this also. Not to mention the hat and cape are really nice touches. Trixie also proved that Twilight is not the only unicorn to have Magic as their special talent.