Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you really 100% brony? Ex-brony

Expired delta

So iv been around some blogs lately and I though this was just me at first.

But then I started to see it little by little, increasing as the show continued.

So as Iv said before I'm starting to feel less like a brony and more like a ex-brony. (ex-brony/ex-pegasisster/ Is when you don't feel as you once did about mlp or Maybe you see the crowds differently much like I am now.

Now this doesint mean you hate the show but you just feel distenced from the croweds or show you watch.

It's pretty much hard to explain it seems to happen with furrys and animes to as iv seen. But ya just was wondering if anyone els feels the same. It may just be because I have not seen a episode one moment in a wile. You know that moment when you first where like :0 oh snap I like this show not heeeeyyy a new mlp:/

But ya.

Edited by ᵑ̰ᵅ͞ᵐ̳⅀⁶͢͢²

Nope, I joined the fandom back in early 2011 and have loved it ever since. I feel just as excited when a new episode comes out now as I did then, nothing has changed, except for my love of the show and the fandom growing and growing. Ex-Brony? Hardly.

Also, I think it's important to note that you can feel distanced from the show and fandom if you actually ARE if you participate in the fandom and keep up with the show, it stays a huge part of your life every day... Plus Dashie is my waifu, so I can't leave ;P

Also, also, yes I am a 100% brony

Edited by Sturdy Wing
  • Brohoof 7

I wouldn't call myself a 100% Brony.

I like the show, and I like hanging out on the forums. I'm also obsessed with a particular character on the show.

Other than that though, I really don't find myself associating with the show or the fanbase very much anymore.

Edited by UrdiePie
  • Brohoof 2

I know what you mean. Don't feel obligated to watch it. I don't really consider myself a "brony." I just consider myself someone who watches every once in awhile. In my opinion, it sounds silly to be given a name according to what you watch. 

Edited by ~Vallo~
  • Brohoof 3

I became distant a little when the 3rd season wasn't coming out. But, it's up to you as a person to continue in the fanbase. If you feel distant, you have to actually take place in the community (i.e. Post in the forums, talk to other people in the community.) I was growing distant because I wasn't talking to other Bronies/Pegasisters.

In my opinion, there's no '100% Brony'. You're a Brony or you aren't.

Edited by A Glimpse of Everything
  • Brohoof 1

To be completely honest I do not feel that way currently. But I do expect to become an Ex-brony at some time. 

I kind of see the show, and perhaps the fandom as a crutch. A crutch I need currently to get through the day without becoming depressed. but I hope that someday I won't need it and I can stand on my own. I wont ever forget MLP. but eventually I will leave the fandom

I wouldn't call myself a 100% Brony.

I like the show, and I like hanging out on the forums. I'm also obsessed with a particular character on the show.

Other than that though, I really don't find myself associating with the show or the fanbase very much anymore.

Basically thats how I feel now I use to love all the mlp show had to offer but now it seems that its getting some what just like a show you watch I mean I'm cool with the forums and stuff and some fan art but not as much like going to bronycon or running around and that stuff.

Basically thats how I feel now I use to love all the mlp show had to offer but now it seems that its getting some what just like a show you watch I mean I'm cool with the forums and stuff and some fan art but not as much like going to bronycon or running around and that stuff.

"Going to bronycon or running around and that stuff" 

Not gonna lie, made me laugh, that was funny as hell XD

Anyway man, you should come to bronycon! My group is doing a Wonderbolt's cosplay and it will be great.

• Brohoof 1

On the contrary actually, I felt like that during the summer, but that changed when season three started. Before season three I wasn't an active brony while the show had episodes coming out. I mean before the season started I never experienced the fandom while a season was going on, because I joined the fandom after season 2 ended.

I don't think there's really any sort of scale or measurement for being 100% brony, because to be a brony all you have to do is think of yourself as one, nothing more to it. You don't even have to like the show, you could just like the concept and the fandom, and vice-versa, you could just like the nice people in the fandom, it doesn't really matter.

As to if I consider myself 100% brony, well, I don't know, I really can't determine something like that. Don't get me wrong I love the show and the fandom and everything that happened to me since I became a brony as a brony, but there's just no way of saying if someone is "100%" brony or not. You could say that because I don't make any contributions to the fandom, that makes me less than 100% brony, or because I watch other things than just ponies, then I'm not 100%. There's no actual way to say if someone is "100%" brony, but that's not really the point. Oh wow I just realized I went off topic there.

If you feel distant, then perhaps you're not as much involved in the fandom as much as you used to be, that doesn't make you any less of a brony, that is, if you still want to be one. The only case where you would stop being a brony is where you stop considering yourself as one, so, there you go, there's a sure-fire way of telling if someone is a brony or not, if they think themselves as a brony or not, that's your scale.

Edited by Brook
  • Brohoof 7

It really depends on what one defines as a brony.  If it has to do with immension with the online community than in the last two years I've been 0% brony.

I tend to go by the definition of anyone who likes the show so yeah.  It 'varies' I guess.

There's something I learned from being in the James Cameron's Avatar fandom, and that is this: If you need a "spark" to stay in a fandom, you need to find a new source of inspiration. The "spark" of new discovery can only last so long. Eventually you'll need to find a new way to incorporate the fandom into your life that can be on a more sustained, long-term basis. It's like a relationship - the rush can only last for so long, eventually you need a way to go steady.

Being part of an online community is the best way. So is finding a way to give back given your own skills. Make being a brony something in your own way.

As for me, I consider myself a brony. I can't put a percentage on it, because I really don't know. I watch new episodes as they come (plan on going back and rewatching the old ones one of these days), I wear merch, I come on here and chat with you guys, and that's pretty much the extent of what I do at the moment. I'd like to do more, but I don't have the capacity at the moment. Hopefully soon, but not now.

But really, what it comes down to is not what you do on the outside, but what you feel on the inside. You don't have to pony-out 24/7 on the outside to be a brony...all you need to do is keep ponies in your heart. Cheesy sounding, I know, but it's true. :P

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 8

I don't think that I've been here long enough to reach that sort of stage.  By the time that I finished watching season 2, there was only a few weeks left until season 3.  Obviously, I can't expect to be a brony forever, which isn't really a bad thing.  It's just change.

• Brohoof 2

There's something I learned from being in the James Cameron's Avatar fandom, and that is this: If you need a "spark" to stay in a fandom, you need to find a new source of inspiration. The "spark" of new discovery can only last so long. Eventually you'll need to find a new way to incorporate the fandom into your life that can be on a more sustained, long-term basis. It's like a relationship - the rush can only last for so long, eventually you need a way to go steady.

Being part of an online community is the best way. So is finding a way to give back given your own skills. Make being a brony something in your own way.

As for me, I consider myself a brony. I can't put a percentage on it, because I really don't know. I watch new episodes as they come (plan on going back and rewatching the old ones one of these days), I wear merch, I come on here and chat with you guys, and that's pretty much the extent of what I do at the moment. I'd like to do more, but I don't have the capacity at the moment. Hopefully soon, but not now.

But really, what it comes down to is not what you do on the outside, but what you feel on the inside. You don't have to pony-out 24/7 on the outside to be a brony...all you need to do is keep ponies in your heart. Cheesy sounding, I know, but it's true. :P

Except for, you know... Dat Waifu ;P for many bronies I know Rainbow Flank is more than a good enough source of inspiration ;) I rewatch episodes all the freaking time, I love it >.<

So iv been around some blogs lately and I though this was just me at first.

But then I started to see it little by little, increasing as the show continued.

So as Iv said before I'm starting to feel less like a brony and more like a ex-brony. (ex-brony/ex-pegasisster/ Is when you don't feel as you once did about mlp or Maybe you see the crowds differently much like I am now.

Now this doesint mean you hate the show but you just feel distenced from the croweds or show you watch.

It's pretty much hard to explain it seems to happen with furrys and animes to as iv seen. But ya just was wondering if anyone els feels the same. It may just be because I have not seen a episode one moment in a wile. You know that moment when you first where like :0 oh snap I like this show not heeeeyyy a new mlp:/

But ya.

You're far from the only one. I'm still brony 100%, but I know of several others who haven't watched a new episode in quite some time. I think some may have just burned out on it.

Honestly people just don't all have the same definition of brony, so this question can have many answers depending on exactly what your asking.

For me anypony who watches MLP and likes it is a brony, thats just kinda been my definition of it, as far as I know there isn't a 100% perfect widely accepted by all definition of bronies though.

If your definition of a brony is more of someone who goes around wearing MLP shirts and going to bronycon and stuff, then I'm not really a brony in that sense. I'm a closet brony, I don't really reveal my love of MLP to anyone besides the people of this fandom.

I do however love the show, I've watched it over many times, I've also watched many fan videos and series's, Read a few fanfics here and there, looked at art made by bronies on here and a few other places, I associate with the community here, Discuss the show, have an OC, And have even created some(Kinda bleh) Artwork of ponys. And I in my eyes consider myself a brony, but by others definitions of the word I may not be.

So really for me there isn't a 100% brony, you either like the show or you don't and in my opinion if you like the show your just as brony as anypony else, if you don't your not a brony, simple as that.

But like I said everypony's definition of brony is different, the definition hasn't really been laid down in stone or anything :P.

• Brohoof 1

More or less, all it is is loss of interest, eventually, it happens to everyone with........everything. Just human nature there. Might do you well to take a break from bronydom or something.

People obsess over the term 'brony' too much. Why does it matter? Why do we need a special label for ourselves with alleged requirements and limitations set upon it in order to qualify for it?

Do you still like the show? If so, you're a fan. That's fine. If not, you're not a fan. That's also fine. 

Honestly, I find myself disliking 'brony' as much as I do 'love and tolerate'

• Brohoof 4

It depends on how one looks at themselves as a brony and also how others see them as a brony. I guess the only way that we'll ever be 100% brony is if we contribute to the fandom. Take Mando. He's a music badass. But his talent was focused on ponies so much, that he's a music badass on the show. I guess we'll be 100% brony once we contribute,

People obsess over the term 'brony' too much. Why does it matter? Why do we need a special label for ourselves with alleged requirements and limitations set upon it in order to qualify for it?

Do you still like the show? If so, you're a fan. That's fine. If not, you're not a fan. That's also fine. 

Honestly, I find myself disliking 'brony' as much as I do 'love and tolerate'

The definition of brony "any fan outside the target demographic", so it's more a problem with people trying to add things to the nature of the label it never had in the first place. 

I'd like to say I never saw the point in "leaving a fandom" I bounce around between things all the time(granted, ponies have kinda become a part of me at this point, like Video Games). I even add new fandoms all the time, like getting into Highlander recently over the last few months. 

The definition of brony "any fan outside the target demographic", so it's more a problem with people trying to add things to the nature of the label it never had in the first place. 

I'd like to say I never saw the point in "leaving a fandom" I bounce around between things all the time(granted, ponies have kinda become a part of me at this point, like Video Games). I even add new fandoms all the time, like getting into Highlander recently over the last few months. 

Since the writers say the show is partially geared towards the brony community as well as the little girls, doesn't that make us part of the demographic and thus not bronies?

Identity crisis. D:

• Brohoof 1

Well after Season 2 final epicness I didn't watch show for a long and my internet was cut. I really missed to watch random pony videos on youtube and even when the 3rd season started I didn't have internet. I was excited though. But because of being so busy and can't watch episodes for a long time it lost it's excitement for me. I mean I usually don't even watch the episodes if friends of mine tell me to D:

Soo yeah, that's what happened, it is not so exciting for me anymore. After waiting for 6 months I lost my enthusiasm. It may come back again sometime though :P

• Brohoof 1

Hey, I just started watching the show... it was everyone else who started calling me a Brony. I didn't even know what the Hell a Brony was until after I started watching it.

I also draw fan art, read fanfics, collect Pony merch, and cosplay, but that's completely besides the point. UwGCn.png

[rant]

I honestly never saw the point in these types of labels. Loads of fandoms seem to have them now, and it seems impossible for me to just enjoy a show/ music genre/ product without someone sticking a label to my forehead. 

But it looks like these days I'm just your every day Brony/Avatard/Fantern/Whovian/Goth/Cybergoth/Metalhead.

Argh. LxdwA.png

On a more related note; seeing as I enjoy the show, take part in the fandom, and consume the both official and fan-made products, yeah, I'm a Brony. However, I do wish people would stop getting so worked up about the title. I see people getting so caught up over the definition of "Brony", who it applies to,  and who's a "tr00 brony". Seriously guys, just enjoy the bucking show/fandom and stop worrying about it so much.

I miss 2011.

[/rant]

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 2

I don't really call myself a brony/pegasister.

I watch the show.. I have some merch.

I get excited when I meet someone who likes the show.

But I just don't like getting into something too much?

Then again.. here I am posting in the forums.

:blink: 

Edited by Peach Petal
  • Brohoof 1

Well after Season 2 final epicness I didn't watch show for a long and my internet was cut. I really missed to watch random pony videos on youtube and even when the 3rd season started I didn't have internet. I was excited though. But because of being so busy and can't watch episodes for a long time it lost it's excitement for me. I mean I usually don't even watch the episodes if friends of mine tell me to D:

Soo yeah, that's what happened, it is not so exciting for me anymore. After waiting for 6 months I lost my enthusiasm. It may come back again sometime though :P

Ya I think being busy had some play in it to since iv been getting downed with work so much lately. But then again the waiting seasons they put in some of these times makes it impossible to make time for it. So I goes il just play it as it go's and what not

I wouldn't call myself even near 100% brony. I have no pony merch, I have no desire to go to bronycon, and I keep the show to myself IRL. Though I do a lot of brony stuff online, like the forums for example.