Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn a good thing?

pleasedontcomeback

357 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think Twilicorn is good or bad news?

• Good!
    • BAD!
    • Idk, as long as the show goes on.

Ya know, taking a closer look at this thread, most of what this is, is people's speculation about if they think it -will- be a good or bad thing, instead of their direct opinion on if it -is- or not. I honestly don't think this topic can truly flourish outside running in circles, until S4 starts. Thus, now that the Twilicorn hype is gone until S4, I don't think this needs pinning anymore at the moment.

• 1 month later...

I feel that her transition slightly imbalances the show. She is now the supreme pony of the show. Even though the theme of the show was about uniqueness and individual talent.

How is Twilight no longer unique and have no more individual talent? Your post seems to contradict itself in my opinion. Please explain.

I don't think it was a bad thing that she became a Princess nor do I think it changed her in anyway other than she has wings and is now a princess. She's still the same old Twilight and will probably not change in personality, but she will have some new challenges to face, I like the change all in all

:wub:

While I'm not saying that Twilicorn was a good or bad thing (I'm neutral on it until Season 4), I will say this.

Twilight Sparkle becoming a alicorn technically makes sense for her talent. She is trying to learn as much magic as possible, and her as an alicorn signifies a sort of graduation for her talent. It's kind of similar to Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash loves to fly, and do tricks. The "graduation" for this talent would be becoming a Wonderbolt. And most people want Rainbow Dash to become a Wonderbolt.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont really think it was a bad thing but, I guess well never know until season 4 comes out. We'll just have to wait and see if the story plots ahed have a good effect or bad effect on Twilights becoming of not only an alicon but, a princess as well. I never really saw Twilights becoming of an alicorn as a bad thing but, it was certainly a crazy plot twist, I never saw it coming... I suppose the worst case would be twilights interaction and relationship with the mane 6 fading, and the show becoming more focused on Twilight than any of the other characters.

I said "No" simply because I have a wait and see attitude about it now.  I'm annoyed because it puts here above the others, and while it shows that individuality is a good thing it could also bring across that you are only super special if you have a super special talent.  I don't know really.

For me I was not sure. Because Twilight Sparkle would probably use her spells more than her wings. But I would like to see how Rainbow Dash teaches Twilight Sparkle how to be a good flyer. Already in Hottopic, she says that RD told her to do about 200 wing-ups (Wing Push Ups) A Day.

~JasperLee93 -RDLoyalty

I think yes because Twilight learn lessons of becoming a princess i think she deserve it. Well Celestia wanted her to become a princess. I think she wanted her to be her successor because she knew she would be one who was right for a princess

• 2 weeks later...

Okay my problem with Twilight becoming an alicorn is aren't they're immortal? so now twilight will live forever with out her friends? and some how her friends are now lesser than her ... to me it would have been better if either they ALL became alicorns orrrr none did ....
the way it is now is like :__

I watch the show a lot, and while I am not involved with the bronie community I do like the show a lot and care about the direction it takes ... I think that the writers are taking a big risk ... Next season needs to be better than expected if they want to keep people like me watching it ... cause right now I'm take it or leave it .... 

I already posted my opinion, but now, my opinion changed.

So, as some of you may know, I used to be totally uncomfortable about the transformation. But now, what happens if she loses her wings? It would be pointless. The writers simply opened another box of opportunities. I really don't love nor hate the Twilicorn transformation. As long as the show maintains its charm, I'm all for it.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

its not all bad you guys, imagine the type of adventures the mane 6 will go on. we may even be able to see  more of equestria. you know with twilight being a princess and all she may have to discuss the future of equestria or something like that.       

• Brohoof 1

The most concerning thing about Twilicorn is whether she is an alicorn like Cadence is an alicorn or like Celestia is an alicorn, and if Celestia did mean for her to succeed her, does that mean that Celestia is actually mortal? Or does Celestia just want to take a day? For what purpose did Celestia create Twilicorn?

Disregarding this, Twilicorn is EPIC. Alicorn Princess Twilight Sparkle is a tier-boost like I've never seen in animated TV. I am so excited about the direction the series is going in, about exploring life as royalty in Equestria! Maybe this means more in terms of character for Shining Armour and Cadence! 

I see so much potential here.

246928__safe_twilight-sparkle_princess-c

This was my reaction! Hasbro is going to lose our trusts, the bouncing of Lauren Faust was an extreme negative event which weakening the My Little Pony's foundation. Equestria Girls is a huge failure to me, the high school cliche is just plain stupid and i don't know who made McCarthy to write such a terrible storyline but i just couldn't stand to see its terrible plot holes. I am starting to doubt that EA may have interfered with the MLP's bussiness because i have learned the Hasbro and EA partnership lately. Whatever you are going to disagree with my post but i can only say one thing:

"Follow whatever your heart wishes; if Season 4 is making its same mistake again, this could the greatest catastrophe in the animated TV history."

I'm about to get hate for this but hay I'm a black hat so bring it,

I think Lauren Faust's useful ness as far as the series has come to an end.

I think she had some neat ideas,

but as the fan base itself has shown you can literally take the show in any number of ways and it would still be awesome.

I think their is such a thing as "pure" intended as far as the series goes, there is no shark to jump (JINX, JINX!)

with in some form of reason as long as the series remains intreaging.

Even if that's based on mistakes more than intent.

I believe Twilight Sparkle deserved to be an alicorn princess, as she is the core and heart of the story, which makes since she was the first character to be introduced to us and has the most development, especially in season one and further developed in season three, after all of the establishment and build up, we got results in the form of her promotion. I like Twilight Sparkle as an alicorn as much as she was an unicorn, she is still Twilight Sparkle with wings and a title, she is still the likeable and charming character we have come to love, she is now unique and we should be happy and proud for her progression, plus it was Princess Twilight Sparkle that moved me so much, that I wanted to join the herd, and be a brony, so her transformation as it were, was a good thing that motivated me to join after watching the show for nearly two years. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm quite neutral on this.

The only thing that bothers me is that Twilight got all the credits. She made plenty of things, saved Equestria with her friends 3 times, but only she got all the credits for this, becoming an Alicorn. And I wouldn't like the others to become Alicorns too, since Applejack wouldn't fit with her family that much.

They could at least get something for their work, for the other 5 ponies.

But well, as long as the show goes on, and is good, I guess I won't mind.

Well, I'm quite neutral on this.

The only thing that bothers me is that Twilight got all the credits. She made plenty of things, saved Equestria with her friends 3 times, but only she got all the credits for this, becoming an Alicorn. And I wouldn't like the others to become Alicorns too, since Applejack wouldn't fit with her family that much.

They could at least get something for their work, for the other 5 ponies.

But well, as long as the show goes on, and is good, I guess I won't mind.

Well to be fair she kinda deserve most of the credit. First time around, nightmare moon, she's the one who figured out the elements of harmony, its location, and she's the one who figured out how to activate it.

Second time around, Discord, everypony got turned into opposite of their element, Twilight found the way to break the spell, and got her friends back to normal one by one.

Third time around, she's the only one who knew something was amiss, found the true Princess Cadence, and saved her brother, granted the final spell was not by her, but without her nobody would knew any different.

Fourth time out... well I am not even going to count Sombra because that episode is dead to me, what a bunch of garbage.

I am not saying rest of the mane6 didn't do jack during these crisis, but Twilight is usually the one bailing everyone out, Also rest of the mane6 don't seem to concern themselves with the well-being of Equestria as much as Twilight, more like they are concerned with the well being of their friend - Twilight and were there to help her.

I'd definitely opens the door for new adventures and opportunities. But I think they should have wined longer. It seemed a bit too soon to be putting it in season three. But still, maybe this transformation has a deep meaning or something. Them feels.

Definitely a good thing in my opinion, though others may not agree. I think it has opened many new doors for the show and I expect big things from season 4. I did kinda expect Twilight to become an alicorn even before I finished the first episode of the first season, it just sat right with me and I was really excited to see her become an alicorn.

img-1850853-1-246928__safe_twilight-spar

This was my reaction! Hasbro is going to lose our trusts, the bouncing of Lauren Faust was an extreme negative event which weakening the My Little Pony's foundation. Equestria Girls is a huge failure to me, the high school cliche is just plain stupid and i don't know who made McCarthy to write such a terrible storyline but i just couldn't stand to see its terrible plot holes. I am starting to doubt that EA may have interfered with the MLP's bussiness because i have learned the Hasbro and EA partnership lately. Whatever you are going to disagree with my post but i can only say one thing:
"Follow whatever your heart wishes; if Season 4 is making its same mistake again, this could the greatest catastrophe in the animated TV history."

Your image is irrelevant as Celestia did not make Twilight an alicorn, rewatch the episode Celestia's horn was not glowing and it was Twilight's magic aura. Also Lauren Faust's original plan was to make Twilight an alicorn eventually. Go watch the BronyDoc if you haven't yet, it is really good and Lauren Faust says what her plan was originally for Twilight.

Edited by Xelphos