Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many people still in the fandom?

~TheStealthyPony~

HELLO. WELCOME TO ANY FANDOM EVER. WHERE PEOPLE LEAVE BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE SOMETHING, BUT THE FANDOM IS ALWAYS FINE BECAUSE MORE PEOPLE ARE COMING IN THEN LEAVING.

• Brohoof 26

Everyone who left (I haven't heard of anyone who actually did) didn't deserve to be here in the first place. The whole Princess Twilight thing has been coming since the first episode of Season 1, and to leave because of that is pointless.

Everything will be fine, and has been for ages. 

NOTHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO THE FANDOM WHILST THERE ARE STILL BRONIES TO ADORE IT.

• Brohoof 3

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.<br /><br />This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

The people that left the fandom because, of the Twilight Sparkle alicorn situation and the spin-off I don't think they actually belong here at all. Besides, there will be more people joining to fill the empty blackhole of the people leaving.

Yes. Everything will be just fine. If anything the fandom is growing. I sure some people left the fandom and stopped watching the show. Just as some probably did after Lauren Faust left. But for all those who left more came. Again I will state that many fandoms have been through far worse. My god try being a fan of DC comics. You really think alicorn Twilight is bad..oh man you haven't actually experienced bad. DC makes dozens of decisions a year that are leagues above the horror the MLP fandom will most likely ever get to see. Did Twilight go crazy and kill every major character in the show only so she could be replaced by a new character? No, but thats what happened to Hal Jordan(green lantern a while back. Despite all that the DC comic fanbase is alive and thriving. So I think from history that we will be just fine. 

• Brohoof 2

As people have said before, people who left because they didn't like something doesn't deserve to be here. And I can't think of anyone who actually left. Bluffed that they were, yes, but not actually leave.

Yes. Everything will be just fine. If anything the fandom is growing. I sure some people left the fandom and stopped watching the show. Just as some probably did after Lauren Faust left. But for all those who left more came. Again I will state that many fandoms have been through far worse. My god try being a fan of DC comics. You really think alicorn Twilight is bad..oh man you haven't actually experienced bad. DC makes dozens of decisions a year that are leagues above the horror the MLP fandom will most likely ever get to see. Did Twilight go crazy and kill every major character in the show only so she could be replaced by a new character? No, but thats what happened to Hal Jordan(green lantern a while back. Despite all that the DC comic fanbase is alive and thriving. So I think from history that we will be just fine. 

Now that I think about it, it could have been A LOT worse. Twilicorn doesn't even begin to compare with the tragedy of Marvel Civil War.

HELLO. WELCOME TO ANY FANDOM EVER. WHERE PEOPLE LEAVE BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE SOMETHING, BUT THE FANDOM IS ALWAYS FINE BECAUSE MORE PEOPLE ARE COMING IN THEN LEAVING.

PREACH!

But exactly that. And besides, Alicornified Twilight isn't much of a reason to leave a fandom. It's like when people "renounce their bronyhood" because of fandom issues, thinking that people care.

• Brohoof 2

I feel like its a little early to decide to leave or not really, we haven't seen where Alicorn Twilight has gone, but people do leave fandoms because some people dislike changes that others are fine with, while its kinda heartbreaking in a way to see some people I know just kinda more or less leave for all I know and the fact I may never get to see them again, but I suppose it happens.

People will join and we have plenty of new people joining the fandom as others leave though, and the forums aswell. Its a common cycle, however I think at the moment the amount of new people joining is overall higher then the amount who leave.

So while I'll miss whoever I know who leaves or has left already, the actual overall size of the fandom isn't going to reduce all that much overall in the long run.

• Brohoof 1

If people can completely abandon all hope over a slight aesthetic and status quo change, that fact that there's still a Sonic fandom after all the divisive stuff that ravaged that fandom is a bloody miracle. If they can survive implied beastiality, hedgehogs with handguns and about a thousand other issues, we can survive Twilight with wings.

• Brohoof 3

Now that I think about it, it could have been A LOT worse. Twilicorn doesn't even begin to compare with the tragedy of Marvel Civil War.

Oh yeah Marvel fans do have it pretty much just as bad as DC fans. My god some of the things they did to Spiderman (One More Day). Then there is Ultimatum. Again still alive and thriving,heck that fandom is probably stronger than ever.

Everyone who left (I haven't heard of anyone who actually did) didn't deserve to be here in the first place. The whole Princess Twilight thing has been coming since the first episode of Season 1, and to leave because of that is pointless.

Everything will be fine, and has been for ages. 

NOTHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO THE FANDOM WHILST THERE ARE STILL BRONIES TO ADORE IT.

HAHA NO

YOU GOT NO IDEA THERE BUDDY

Lauren, you know the one who created to do this show

never wanted Twilicorn, or Candence.

HASBRO DID THIS :3

look it up, she quit after she found out what they planned.

Edited by Pinkazoid!
  • Brohoof 2

HAHA NO

YOU GOT NO IDEA THERE BUDDY

Lauren, you know the one who created to do this show

never wanted Twilicorn, or Candence.

look it up, she quit after she found out what they planned.

That's not my point, my friend. As long as we remain with each other, we will through thick and thin survive whatever gets thrown our way!

"Princess Cadence? Cool!" said we.

"Alicorn Twilight? Bring it on!" we said.

That's not my point, my friend. As long as we remain with each other, we will through thick and thin survive whatever gets thrown our way!

"Princess Cadence? Cool!" said we.

"Alicorn Twilight? Bring it on!" we said.

That's not your point? then why did you say that it was planned out from the beginning?

and

No

I've been here and I saw everything.

No one liked either of those things, I tried to be optimistic about saying "hey, trust the writers" and it was pointless, I see why they complain, and I don't care, they have every right to do so.

A pink princess comes out of no where? NOOOO THAT'S HORRIBLE, HASBRO WHAT ARE YOU DOING, 

it's the same stuff all over again :V

I can't speak for anypony else, but...

I was here yesterday.

I am here today.

I will be here tomorrow.

And I will stay here 'til the day I die.

And even if I can't speak for anypony else, I'd like to at least think that's the same attitude most people have. And if that's the case, I think everything's gonna be alright!

• Brohoof 2

I guess I have to have a lot of extra respect for Hasbro then.  Because I happen to like both of the things they did.

I think Lauren Faust was a good showrunner, but that doesn't mean I care that her vision was different, when I like where the show is going.

That's not your point? then why did you say that it was planned out from the beginning?

and

No

I've been here and I saw everything.

No one liked either of those things, I tried to be optimistic about saying "hey, trust the writers" and it was pointless, I see why they complain, and I don't care, they have every right to do so.

A pink princess comes out of no where? NOOOO THAT'S HORRIBLE, HASBRO WHAT ARE YOU DOING, 

it's the same stuff all over again :V

I'm pretty sure Twilicorn was hinted at from he beginning. Enough of your Neigh-saying! we're all still here. That's what matters, surely  ;)

• Brohoof 1

I guess I have to have a lot of extra respect for Hasbro then.  Because I happen to like both of the things they did.   I think Lauren Faust was a good showrunner, but that doesn't mean I care that her vision was different, when I like where the show is going.

It's not bad, but look at what it did to the fandom, it tore it apart, drew a blade, seperated those who have been here for long, have standards for the show, and those new who'll eat

anything up because it has ponies on it.

I'm pretty sure Twilicorn was hinted at from he beginning. Enough of your Neigh-saying! we're all still here. That's what matters, surely  ;)

It wasn't hinted until season 2, after Lauren left. She had a whole series planned out, not a season, she had other adventures. There's a rumor of her returning, she said she wouldn't return, because she doesn't want to look at how Hasbro messed up her vision of a great show, and expect her to fix it all.

• Brohoof 1

Even if the show goes entirely to crap (which it won't), I will never leave this fandom. The people here a some of the most creative, innovative and accepting people I've met. 

Cheers and a brohoof, bronies and pegasisters.  :D

Edited by Maxwell The Damaged
  • Brohoof 4

Well, I just went to the Welcome Plaza and counted the number of new threads started there since 11:00am yesterday.  The final total is 36.  Of course, this may or may not have anything to do with yesterday's episode, but it certainly shows that for the moment, people are still coming.  The fandom should come out of this just fine.

• Brohoof 2

It's not bad, but look at what it did to the fandom, it tore it apart, drew a blade, seperated those who have been here for long, have standards for the show, and those new who'll eat

It wasn't hinted until season 2, after Lauren left. She had a whole series planned out, not a season, she had other adventures. There's a rumor of her returning, she said she wouldn't return, because she doesn't want to look at how Hasbro messed up her vision of a great show, and expect her to fix it all.

That's what she said? Lauren Faust said that Hasbro messed up FiM, but she still talks current MLP matters with bronies? I don't know...

Listen, I like everything about the show, such is the life of one being easy to please. And anyway, I thought Lauren did both Seasons 1+2?

Seven. Seven people. There are exactly seven bronies left. We just have lots and lots of aliases. 

But honestly, I don't see why people would leave because of Twilicorn and Equestria Girls. At least see what is going to be done with it first.

Meh, I don't really have much to say to this.  The fandom seems to go beserk at just about anything (no offense to anyone in particular, btw).

I'm a casual fan who got in it for the show.  I've always sat in the background when it comes to the fandom.

Also, I will kindly like to say that I consider myself part of neither of those two groups you mentioned. :)

Edited by Scales
  • Brohoof 1