Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many people still in the fandom?

~TheStealthyPony~

Anyone here feel that MLP and the brony fandom is beginning to grow stagnant? I think it's just me, but ponies just haven't been as appealing anymore, especially after the most recent episode. Anyone else here feel this way?

Perhaps, but it's more likely that much of the fandom is going through a phase. With all the controversy surrounding recent Hasbro decisions, it's easy to see why the fandom is so divided. I believe that's a major factor in why the fandom appears to be slowing down. We've definitely been hit hard in recent months, but I think, as a fandom, we'll eventually recover or at least survive.

• Brohoof 6

Stop making these topics. The fandom is not dying, it's losing people at the same time new people join

And I haven't seen that the music production has slowed down. Infant it's the opposite.

I used to go through all music of the day from EqD but now they're so many I can't listen through them all

• Brohoof 6

If I had a bit for every time I've seen a "is the fandom ending?" post, I could buy an (insert expensive Equestrian object here).

No, the fandom is not ending. It ebbs and flows.

Nope. People are just busy with their life. I believe some of them are still working on fan stuff. I'm still working on my pony project even though I'm very busy and can't do it the way more often than I once did. Yet, I'm sill working on concepts, system, etc, so I'm not stopping at the moment. I just need to write (or type) it when I have the time.

The fandom isn't dying. The people are just busy.

It's March, and there are so many things to do in March. For me, it's these two weeks of exam, and once I did the last exam in the next month, I will be free!!!

Raise the stake, burn it down! The fandom shall prevail!

Ahoo! Ahoo! Ahoo!

Yeah there are a lot of these threads going around. There are ups and downs in everything and maybe we are in a "down" state. Does not mean we have to get extra dramatic over it. I think the show has been going pretty strong. But we will just have to see won't we?

It isn't dying. Why would you even think that? From what I see, its just a phase the fandom is going through. The phase will probably end once season 4 starts or something. People are saying that Twilicorn is the. worst. possible. THING! ever, but I personally think she will be actually good for the show. I don't know what will happen, but probably something good.

I don't think it's dying at all. Moments like these are when we band together even stronger.

Just wait for the new season to come out, we are likely to meet new characters,great plot twists and events which will continue our communities love for the ponies :3

Bro hoof to all /)

It isn't dying. Why would you even think that? From what I see, its just a phase the fandom is going through. The phase will probably end once season 4 starts or something. People are saying that Twilicorn is the. worst. possible. THING! ever, but I personally think she will be actually good for the show. I don't know what will happen, but probably something good.

I think Season 3 was a good test run and there wasn't much hype about it. The only thing people obsess over was Twilicorn but that's it. One can say it's because it was only 13 episodes, but bronies used to freak out over one episode.

I don't see how it's dying or how anyone else see's that it dying. If anything, the fandom is still growing bigger. Some people may leave the fandom for certain reasons, but even more people join the fandom almost everyday, even if it's for a little while to see what it's like.

I'd say people are busy making big projects that may take a while to complete, the first fan-made episode took quite a while and it's finally being released this month.

Anyone here feel that MLP and the brony fandom is beginning to grow stagnant? I think it's just me, but ponies just haven't been as appealing anymore, especially after the most recent episode. Anyone else here feel this way?

Your thread has been merged with an already existing thread that serves the same purpose. Please use the search function to check if a suitable thread exists before creating a new one.

Well, me and everyone who still supports the show and everything it has to offer are still here! >;D Alicorn Twilight was coming from S1 and I have mad respect for Twlight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash for setting the standard. I'm sorry if those aren't the characters that you like but is that REALLY something to leave such a great fandom and community for? If so, it's their choice and theirs alone. They're always welcome back in my opinion and there's always fresh faces coming into the mix so don't worry OP the fandom is still VERY much alive ^_~ as for Equestria Girls, personally it has no impact on Friendship Is Magic and I'm glad that's all I'm going to say about that. Keep calm and brony on and continue to spread the message of love and tolerance /) <3

Geeze. DOOOOOOOM! I had enough of that with City of Heroes. Eight years that MMO lived, and right from Beta people were crying DOOOOM over it as if every day was it's last. Some people just aren't happy unless they can constantly tell everyone about how miserable they are and how they're 'leaving the fandom/game/whatever' unless somebody pays attention to them.

When Star Trek was cancelled the first time, did the fans stand around and whine about how everyone was leaving the fandom? Well, some did, but they were left behind and forgotten. Other fans staged a letter-writing campaign (before the internet made such things easy), and convinced NBC to bring it back for a third season, just enough to hit the syndication number of episodes. NBC cut the budget, and rescheduled the show so that it guaranteed that Trek would fail and they would be able to cancel it a second time. And yet the fans kept going, forming clubs and producing their own content in fanfiction, art, music, film, cosplay, culture and history essays, everything. The fans kept the fandom alive, and it continued to grow. They survived changing production companies from Desilu studios to the more tyrannical Paramount studios, they survived years and years of no official content, a rather strange animated series, Star Trek: The Motionless Picture, and more. Reboots, spinoffs, re-imaginings, and yet the fandom still goes strong and continues to gain more fans.

Bronies can do that too. Okay, maybe season 3 was disappointing to many fans for a variety of reasons, but so was season 3 of Star Trek. The fandom is made of fans. If the fandom isn't going in a direction you like, do something about it. Form clubs dedicated to the things in MLP:FiM *you* liked. Make your own fanfiction, art, music. Be active! The fandom will survive without you, but it is a richer place with you.

And finally, you don't have to support everything that happens in the animated series to be a Brony. You can be a fan of the first season alone and still be a Brony. You can be a fan of the comic series alone and still be a Brony. Or the toys. Or the fan-produced works. You are the only one that can say if you are a Brony or not. No one else has the authority to deny your Broniness, unless you give them that authority.

I can't speak for anypony else (even though I hope they share my sentiment :)), but I plan on being here as long as I can. Brony 'til the day I die. 

As long as there are dedicated people, we will trot on into the future. Remember, we are the community.

http://mlpforums.com/blog/407/entry-2831-the-brony-communitys-future/

The people that left the fandom because, of the Twilight Sparkle alicorn situation and the spin-off I don't think they actually belong here at all. Besides, there will be more people joining to fill the empty blackhole of the people leaving.

Well a couple thing to keep in mind is that i doubt people have left simply because of the alicorn business. Many people were griping about the short season and the lack of great storytelling from it. so a general slide in quality. Some also have gotten tired of some of the drama, some of the childishness, and other apsects of the fandom.  

Ultimately i hope season 3 was a temporary lull and that things get better in season 4, that's what i'm betting on. I don't FEEL as good about the show as i did the previous seasons but I'm not quitting yet. If it does continue to slide during season 4, there emerges a different better show, or if the show ends shortly after S4 I'm sure you'll see a much sharper exodus.But the good still outweighs the bad.

Edited by Freewave

• 8 years later...

here to collect my yearly 'mlp fan' stamp hehe :D

but seriously, im pretty sure there's like... thousands of mlp fans, some of them don't have an online presence, some keep it to themselves etc. But there's still a plenty of us left in the fandom 

• 4 weeks later...