Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many people still in the fandom?

~TheStealthyPony~

OP, nobody has ever been in the fandom. This entire site and all it encompasses is actually just a product of your Schizophrenia.

Actually, it's been discussed before that I'm in an irreversible comma, and that everything that happens is merely part of my creative imagination.

No one is real, nothing is real, as far as I know, I'm not real :V

I think you're being too hard on Hasbro. If you feel this strongly, I'm surprised you haven't left the fandom...

Would it be too much for me to ask if you could put aside your feelings and try to enjoy Hasbro's changes, for better or for worse, and rekindle that old flame that brought you to the show in the first place? Or was that flame Lauren Faust?

Put my feelings behind this? Why? it's people's feelings that drive them into loving the show, if i tell myself I love the show, I know it's not real. I haven't left because something tells me things will go back to normal, it's all I hope for now.

The thing that got me to watch the show was how in depth they went into the characters, I cried the first time I saw Pinkie's backstory, and now nothing of that, she's one-dimensional, I pretend she's not, she's still the same Pinkie I loved from the beginning of the show, but she's not, and even another great Pinkie fan, we're both known for our endless arguments of who's the best fan, said he saw what they did to her character. I pay close attention to every detail. I got expectations I want the show to meet only because I expect the same quality material from season 1.

Edited by Pinkazoid!

Is this Twilicorn thing that big a deal? Look, I'll happily nitpick the concept to death. It's certainly not I would've handled things. It's silly and unnecessary. But it hardly seems like some sort of horrible apocalypse. We can't really judge just how bad a decision it is until we've gotten a ways into Season 4 and can see how it works out. We may well be debating the merits of it all the way to the end.

• Brohoof 1

Is this Twilicorn thing that big a deal? Look, I'll happily nitpick the concept to death. It's certainly not I would've handled things. It's silly and unnecessary. But it hardly seems like some sort of horrible apocalypse. We can't really judge just how bad a decision it is until we've gotten a ways into Season 4 and can see how it works out. We may well be debating the merits of it all the way to the end.

Honestly, some mature, logical conversation about the opporunities Twilicorn could bring to the show would actually be quite fun.  I actually have several ideas myself of stories they could write that would take advantage of it.

Actually, it's been discussed before that I'm in an irreversible comma, and that everything that happens is merely part of my creative imagination.

No one is real, nothing is real, as far as I know, I'm not real :V

Put my feelings behind this? Why? it's people's feelings that drive them into loving the show, if i tell myself I love the show, I know it's not real. I haven't left because something tells me things will go back to normal, it's all I hope for now.

The thing that got me to watch the show was how in depth they went into the characters, I cried the first time I saw Pinkie's backstory, and now nothing of that, she's one-dimensional, I pretend she's not, she's still the same Pinkie I loved from the beginning of the show, but she's not, and even another great Pinkie fan, we're both known for our endless arguments of who's the best fan, said he saw what they did to her character. I pay close attention to every detail. I got expectations I want the show to meet only because I expect the same quality material from season 1.

Something tells me quite honestly that it's not Pinkie that's changed, but you. You use the term "I" a lot in these posts. I'm not trying to tell you that all bronies should think in the same, uniform way. 

I don't know, I'm no psychiatrist. This conversation doesn't even require a psychiatrist!

Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to start any fires. On the contrary, I just want these flames of war to be put out.

Honestly, some mature, logical conversation about the opporunities Twilicorn could bring to the show would actually be quite fun.  I actually have several ideas myself of stories they could write that would take advantage of it.

I started a thread to talk about the same thing you want to. Simple ideas about what will happen in S4, and how Alicorn Twilight would figure. 

http://mlpforums.com/topic/50037-everything-is-going-to-be-just-fine-or-is-it/

I'm not gonna leave, but I really hope she changes back. The idea seems cool, and the episode was good, but it wouldn't feel right if she stayed that way. 

Just personal opinion, but I still like the show.

As for the anyone who says that people who dislike the idea didn't deserve to be here, then maybe you don't deserve to be here either.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not gonna leave, but I really hope she changes back. The idea seems cool, and the episode was good, but it wouldn't feel right if she stayed that way. 

Just personal opinion, but I still like the show.

As for the anyone who says that people who dislike the idea didn't deserve to be here, then maybe you don't deserve to be here either.

I think you deserve to be here as much as anyone else with an opinion.

The only people I'd even SLIGHTLY think shouldn't be here...are the ones who's prerogative it is to whine and complain about how "Ha$bro" is ruining thier show, how nothing can ever be right again, etc, etc.

All that ever accomplishes is creating even more depression and chaos.  (Oh well, at least Discord would be proud. :P)

Edited by Scales

So...who's actually left? ^_^

I have not seen one person say they were leaving the fandom because of Alicorn Twilight. A few have said the show will never be the same for them, but that's it. If no one can come with a decent amount of evidence here, I'll have to call this one of the most unnecessary arguments I've seen in a long time. xD

Oh hay, it would be pointless even if anyone was leaving. MelancholicMemory couldn't be more right; some of the posts in this thread are quite insensitive and beneath the unspoken standards of our community.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 2

Fandoms come and they go. And unfortunately so do fans of that fandom. Some people may have left because of Alicorn Twilight. Some people may have even left because Hasbro are kinda being Douche Bags about that Fighting Is Magic game dilemma. (All though I don't really know too much about it, and don't know anybody that left) .But, that's the thing, there are probably a bunch of people who are into Friendship Is Magic. Some may denounce their Bronydom because of issues of Season 3, some may abandon Bronydom in season 4, when the explanation for the finale of season 3, isn't a good one. And some may leave just because they didn't feel the same love, pride, and joy they had for it before. But, there will always be more. As long as there is Friendship Is Magic. There will always be Friendship Is Magic fans.

• Brohoof 1

So...who's actually left? ^_^

I have not seen one person say they were leaving then fandom because of Alicorn Twilight. A few have said the show will never be the same for them, but that's it. If no one can come with a decent amount of evidence here, I'll have to call this one of the most unnecessary arguments I've seen in a long time. xD

Oh hay, it would be pointless even if anyone was leaving. MelancholicMemory couldn't be more right; some of the posts in this thread are quite insensitive and beneath the unspoken standards of our community.

In my experience, people who call a lot of attention to "quitting" a fandom usually just want attention more than they actually feel like quitting is the right thing to do.  (If you haven't seen the kind of "ragequit" drama that happens in the furry fandom ALL THE BLOODY TIME, consider yourself lucky.)  People who genuinely want to leave usually just leave quietly.

[EDIT] Actually, I'm going to elaborate on what I just said a little more: People who stand at the exit going "OKAY, I'M REALLY LEAVING NOW!" are usually mentally adding on: "DOES ANYONE WANT TO STOP ME?"  They're usually looking for people to talk them away from the edge and reaffirm that they're important people and all that.  If they don't get this reaffirmation, they either decide to stick around looking for more opportunities to get that sort of attention, or they decide they really do want to leave and we never hear from them again.

I hate to say it, but it's not a whole lot unlike people who constantly threaten to commit suicide (except that you NEVER dismiss a suicide threat no matter how dramatic someone is being about it).

Edited by Harvan
  • Brohoof 2

Everytime someone posts about leaving the fandom, I am reminded of this video:

Yup that pretty much sums it up right there! lol

Haha! That's exactly what I think when I hear this. They'll be back after a day or two. :P

I'll be a fan until all the seasons come to a complete end, and I'll buy the seasons likely. Spreading Bronism

In my experience, people who call a lot of attention to "quitting" a fandom usually just want attention more than they actually feel like quitting is the right thing to do.  (If you haven't seen the kind of "ragequit" drama that happens in the furry fandom ALL THE BLOODY TIME, consider yourself lucky.)  People who genuinely want to leave usually just leave quietly.

True enough. I've been surfing forums for 8 years and left many of them. But I never made a post or blog to say I was quitting. I just stopped posting.

Haha! That's exactly what I think when I hear this. They'll be back after a day or two. :P

I'll be a fan until all the seasons come to a complete end, and I'll buy the seasons likely. Spreading Bronism

I will do the same. I will continue buying the shirts and seasons DVD'S. And most likely I will even start watching their next generation of My Little Pony as long as they put as much heart as they did into Friendship Is Magic, as they put into this new generation. And plus when Friendship Is Magic ends maybe they'll work on getting a community for LPS.

There was definently people who left the fandom, but for the most part die-hards like me stayed because of curiosity, and because maybe the Spin-off wont be that bad... Personally if you leave just because of a single episode, were you even a fan to begin with?..... or just swimming with the crowd.

• Brohoof 1

There was definently people who left the fandom, but for the most part die-hards like me stayed because of curiosity, and because maybe the Spin-off wont be that bad... Personally if you leave just because of a single episode, were you even a fan to begin with?..... or just swimming with the crowd.

What about leaving 'coz of a whole season?

Not that I'm leaving the fandom myself. Just curious. Season 3 wasn't that bad, just not my cup of tea

I'm defiantly not leaving the fandom, I only just started to write fanfics! Anyway something similar like this whole alicorn thing happened In the bionicle fandom, I don't expect anyone to get this, In 2010 when the 'glatorian ' came. They were 'rebooting the toy line' as lego said. And then when hero factory came........ Well I don't wanna go into that. The point is, we still have all the Community who deserve to be here

Even if the show goes entirely to crap (which it won't), I will never leave this fandom. The people here a some of the most creative, innovative and accepting people I've met.

Cheers and a brohoof, bronies and pegasisters. :D

Well said my good sir

• Brohoof 1

I will always be a Brony, Just like I love my Star Wars. So what if Disney bucks up the new movies. I still have my original trilogy that I love so much.

Same with MLP:FiM. If Hasbro takes over two far, we still have our classic episodes to fall back on and love. If Equestia Girls sucks, we still have FiM. 

Love and Tolerate!

• Brohoof 1

I left months ago, mostly because of the way I was seeing season 3 heading. The plotlines of the episode were becoming less and less creative, and seeming to become just catering to the fans. The latest news of Twilight becoming an alicorn and the new spin-off just gave me no more reason to watch the rest of the season, and some people no reason to watch the show. I'm not saying the Brony fandom is dead, but I know for sure a good amount of people just don't care for it anymore.

People tend to freak out over everything, so yes some people lost their faith in the show and decided to leave it's fandom, that's just how it is.

I felt myself losing trust in the show, so to solve that I spent most of yesterday re-watching season 2, and I remembered why I joined in the first place. Re-watching also reminded me that what we saw at the finale was not the writers, it was Hasbro's dumb decisions animated over 10 minutes.

I will always be a Brony, Just like I love my Star Wars. So what if Disney bucks up the new movies. I still have my original trilogy that I love so much. Same with MLP:FiM. If Hasbro takes over two far, we still have our classic episodes to fall back on and love. If Equestia Girls sucks, we still have FiM. Love and Tolerate!

Oh dear don't remind me of the Star Wars thing.. It was hard enough when disney bought Marvel..

Anyways, those who get mad about things being changed so much are the ones that fell in love with the show cause they liked it the way it was and are now disappointed cause there has been so many changes which, in their eyes lowers the quality of the show. I can see the changes and I guess I am a little bit sad it's not as good as it used to be but guys, this happens to about 80% of all TV shows. Have anypony here seen Heroes? Yeah you probably know what I mean if you have.

But I think it's a bit annoying with all people whining about how the show isn't as great and how there's a bunch of stuff they don't like. Well sad. We can't do shit about it and your complaining affects other people. I think it's bad that the show isn't as good anymore, I do. But I still enjoy to watch it and I'll continue doing so as long as it makes me happy and gives me a laugh. Though, I haven't seen the newest episode which apparently starts a bunch of flamewars all over the place.

And guys, remember what the fandom used to be like. Love and tolerate. Now it's turning into a group of nerdy people talking shit around eachother's back and the show uuhhh the fandom is like..

img-1185507-1-graph-down.jpg

No.

That's what you people who are way too easily affected thinks.

There are still many people in the fandom who are here not just cause they love the show but also cause the community is amazing. Stop saying it's like the end of the brony era just cause some/alot of people are being bitchy or 'cause the show doesn't have the same quality. Guys have you forgotten how much amazing things our community has done? Have you guys forgotten all kind things we've done for the society? Have you forgotten that we upload like 5+ totally amazing fanmade songs a day? All amazing videos and games? They're still being made. It's not like people have stopped making fanmade media because they are disappointed at the community or they see a negative curve. They're making it cause they like it, people listens to it and they get love from the community.

Guys,

Bronycon.

People had a fun time there with eachother.

Over 4000 people.

That isn't something a broken community would achieve.

Why are you saying the community is broken? There are soooo many people who are bronies that you haven't even met but still you're judging them.

tl;dr

Just because you think the quality of the show is getting worse doesn't mean that the whole community is dying.

Friggin' stop listening to other people and think after yourself what you feel about the community as whole.

Is she

aware that her name is still prominently displayed in the title sequence

on every episode? If she's not at all involved in the show anymore and

doesn't want to be associated with it, she should probably have them

start crediting someone else with its adaptation to TV.

I'm not sure if

she's aware of that, i guess they kept it to honor her original design.

She is aware of that. Though if you guys didn't know, in season 1 she was in the credits as executive producer

dnIgaCB.pngScreenshot from the credits in season 1

And in season 2 and 3 she is written as consulting producer

5VXnmYQ.png

Screenshot from the credits in season 2

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 3

As mentioned above, change is inevitable and it always turns some fans off enough to give up on whatever they are reading or watching. Marvel and DC regularly reboot their comic books and sometimes their whole universe. They've lost readers due to that. And a number of people were sickened by the number of major Transformers killed in the 1986 movie. If my roommate had the money to buy Hasbro, she would personally order the G1 canon revised so that all those fallen Autobots and Decepticons live.

And yes, Twilicorn will be enough incentive for some Bronies to head for the exits. The incredibly popular website Jump The Shark has been defunct for years. But if it were still going, Twilicorn would be by far the number one reason given for MLP:FiM jumping the shark. And that's a damn shame because this show honestly has yet to show a marked sign of decline.

Twilight become an alicorn is nothing. Sure, she's a princess now and all, but she won't abandon her friends. Probably once all of her friends are Alicorns there will be trouble. My prediction, is that after season four, if the whole group has been made into an alicorn, we will se almost nothing of twilight, and we will see maybe some more cmc episodes or new mane characters. But most likely My little pony will simply end. That's when there will be trouble, not necessarily with the fandom, but season 5 is going to be very hard to make for producers, and slowly like all fandoms, this fandom will probably fall... Intill g5. (If there ever is one)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone here feel that MLP and the brony fandom is beginning to grow stagnant? I think it's just me, but ponies just haven't been as appealing anymore, especially after the most recent episode. Anyone else here feel this way?

I find the show has lost some luster and I don't look for pony fanworks these days (because most of them are about background ponies I don't care about). I kind of feel like the biggest explosion of ponies was due to season 1 and 2 and because of the anti-bronies/haters. Yes our enemies actually took part in making us band even stronger nowadays the haters don't care anymore. Also I miss Lauren Faust, her new projects aren't the same (I checked them out). :/

Lauren Faust was a true OB, the original brony.

Edited by poniesforfun

It's slowly fading out since it's between seasons, Hasbro is C&Ding all the popular projects, and just drama attack after drama attack is turning people and the fringe off. Either I'm not as active myself or it seems all the art, fiction, and music is slowing down too.