Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many people still in the fandom?

~TheStealthyPony~

That's what she said? Lauren Faust said that Hasbro messed up FiM, but she still talks current MLP matters with bronies? I don't know...

Listen, I like everything about the show, such is the life of one being easy to please. And anyway, I thought Lauren did both Seasons 1+2?

She left at the beginning of season 2, she hasn't even watched the rest of Season 2, only up to episode 13, because, it's not what she wanted, and I'll stand by her, because I don't care about the show anymore, I care of what the show could of been.

No, she even refused to be interviewed in the Brony Doc, because she said it's not what she wanted, any of this.

Edited by Pinkazoid!

She left at the beginning of season 2, she hasn't even watched the rest of Season 2, only up to episode 13, because, it's not what she wanted, and I'll stand by her, because I don't care about the show anymore, I care of what the show could of been.

No, she even refused to be interviewed in the Brony Doc, because she said it's not what she wanted, any of this.

Nah. Sorry, but i'm not Lauren Faust. I've liked every episode. Every change, every addition, every subtraction. I love MLP: FiM. And do you know why? Because I don't let things like that get to me.

I respect your thoughts on the matter, but they aren't my thoughts.

• Brohoof 1

Is she aware that her name is still prominently displayed in the title sequence on every episode?  If she's not at all involved in the show anymore and doesn't want to be associated with it, she should probably have them start crediting someone else with its adaptation to TV.

Nah. Sorry, but i'm not Lauren Faust. I've liked every episode. Every change, every addition, every subtraction. I love MLP: FiM. And do you know why? Because I don't let things like that get to me.

I respect your thoughts on the matter, but they aren't my thoughts.

They get to me now more than ever.

My friends are leaving, 

People are fighting, 

and I've grown up for 2 years watching this, and now the fandom is collapsing, it's horrible...

Is she aware that her name is still prominently displayed in the title sequence on every episode?  If she's not at all involved in the show anymore and doesn't want to be associated with it, she should probably have them start crediting someone else with its adaptation to TV.

I'm not sure if she's aware of that, i guess they kept it to honor her original design.

But I hate what's happening, see, the characters had personalities, they're one dimensional now..

I can't say I love Pinkie as much as I used to when I first watched the show, she was something I wanted to be, now she's just a .....laughstock...

They get to me now more than ever.

My friends are leaving, 

People are fighting, 

and I've grown up for 2 years watching this, and now the fandom is collapsing, it's horrible...

I'm not sure if she's aware of that, i guess they kept it to honor her original design.

But I hate what's happening, see, the characters had personalities, they're one dimensional now..

I can't say I love Pinkie as much as I used to when I first watched the show, she was something I wanted to be, now she's just a .....laughstock...

I think you're being too hard on Hasbro. If you feel this strongly, I'm surprised you haven't left the fandom...

Would it be too much for me to ask if you could put aside your feelings and try to enjoy Hasbro's changes, for better or for worse, and rekindle that old flame that brought you to the show in the first place? Or was that flame Lauren Faust?

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I freaked out when I first saw that Twilight was going to become a Alicorn, I even made a video

but honestly later in that day I really was fine after doing some real thinking about it. It all made sense and was obviously planned from previous episodes that I saw coming and hinting along the way but was never fully sure. After watching the episode it was a nice transition to her becoming an Alicorn, and I didn't explode. I love MLP and won't be leaving the fandom for quite some time, but remember all things come to a pass, I know my fandom of it won't be forever like when I was a kid and liked transfromers, Beast Wars, Pokemon, star wars, half-life, mass effect, even to football UCLA, Steelers and Packers, I am not going to be active fan of them forever, maybe on occasions, but they'll always be apart of me in some ways :) Like the Marine Corps, Russia, and my AK rifle series fandom. :)

The eternal things... well, that's a different story.

Edited by Searacole

I think you're being too hard on Hasbro. If you feel this strongly, I'm surprised you haven't left the fandom...

Would it be too much for me to ask if you could put aside your feelings and try to enjoy Hasbro's changes, for better or for worse, and rekindle that old flame that brought you to the show in the first place? Or was that flame Lauren Faust?

For what it's worth, I agree with PoniesPlease on this.  I don't think the characters have lost their personalities or their appeal, and I don't think the show is irretrievably doomed.  I don't see the massive decline in the show's quality that I see people claiming there was as a result of Faust leaving.  If anything, some of the show's best moments have come since she left, but some of its best moments were while she was still there as well.

All it really looks like to me is that things went in a different direction from her original vision, and that this was neither good nor bad.  It's only the most recent developments in the last couple of weeks that have thrown things up in the air.  And even then, the community does not universally agree on whether those developments are bad or good.

Also, remember that the fandom is based on the show - it's not in lockstep with it.

• Brohoof 3

In my opinion its a little early to say if it's a good idea to leave the fandom.

I'm not saying I'm leaving. I had no problem with what happened. I'm staying till the very end.

But

For those who left, I'm sorry that you couldn't work out any problems you may have had with the show. What's done is done. Things may have been better, but you left before this time.

And for those who stayed don't worry.

All will be well

We just have to hope for the best as we always have.

If we apreachiate the show for what it is and what it will be, then we will be better off.

All Will Be Well

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't leave the fandom because I can see that it's growing. Or else, I wouldn't have a best friend, who was the one that brought me to this amazing world that is the MLP fandom. I may have left after the season 2 finale, but now that season 3 ended, I don't seem myself leaving at all. This fandom is the reason why I forget all the messed up crap that's been going on with my life and it's a reminder that I should always keep smiling and that friendship is magic. :D

• Brohoof 1

The people who left weren't bronies at all they were probly just normal people who saw the show a couple times and got caught up in the hipe. If they left over something as silly as that then they didn't deserve to call them selves brownies.

The people who left weren't bronies at all they were probly just normal people who saw the show a couple times and got caught up in the hipe. If they left over something as silly as that then they didn't deserve to call them selves brownies.

I personally have an issue with this.  We're going back to the whole "What defines a brony?" thing, assigning labels to people based on our own judgments.  I disagree that people who joined just to discuss the show and then left when they lost interest in it weren't bronies.  They may not consider themselves such anymore, but to say they weren't to begin with is kinda like breaking up with your girlfriend of two years and saying you never loved her in the first place.

• Brohoof 2

Some fans will but the true Dieheart fans will stay I know I will never give up on MLP just cause of a silly thing that people don't like I think it's dumb if a fan leaves because Twilight became an alicorn

HELLO. WELCOME TO ANY FANDOM EVER. WHERE PEOPLE LEAVE BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE SOMETHING, BUT THE FANDOM IS ALWAYS FINE BECAUSE MORE PEOPLE ARE COMING IN THEN LEAVING.

There's this, and then there's also the fact that most people are full of hot air. The majority of people that you see whining, complaining or otherwise downsizing things and how they don't like something that's been done in the show either don't actually leave, or leave and then come back. Videos like

and
aren't made without good reason.
  • Brohoof 6

I
can't say I love Pinkie as much as I used to when I first watched the
show, she was something I wanted to be, now she's just a
.....laughstock...

My thoughts exactly.  I know the first time I noticed something off was in the season 2 finale.  That weak 'hip-hip-horay!' struck me as extremely cheesy and generalized.  At the time, I didn't take it much into consideration, but when season 3 hit... everything went downhill.

---

@OP

Honestly, if the writers don't pull something good out of their pockets, I probably will leave.  It's not so much the fact that Twilight turned into in alicorn as it is that the show didn't end there.  Perfect series finale, but season finale...?  Not so much.  It doesn't help that it was all rushed in a single episode.  If they can resolve the issue regarding this whole thing, then by all means, I will continue to watch the show, but I don't think I'll be able to handle 26 episodes of Alicorn Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

Soap Box:

It disturbs me how unconsciously callous most of the people in this thread seem to be, despite the fact that many of them would wholeheartedly express a belief in the importance of kindness, tolerance, and friendship. The people who actually leave are not just numbers that can be replaced by incoming members. They are people. They are friends. They should be considered valued members of our community. Imagine if one of your best friends on this site left. Would you be okay with people judging him/her like that? Furthermore, people are treating the people who left as if they were never truly part of our community at all, implicitly claiming some sort of moral superiority, when, in reality, some people are just more emotional and react to things more strongly  than others. That's just how people work.

I'm probably never going to leave this community; not because the show will always be awesome, but instead because of the people, the individuals that make up this wonderful community. I am one of the most apathetic individuals on this forum, but I say all of this proudly.

There's this, and then there's also the fact that most people are full of hot air. The majority of people that you see whining, complaining or otherwise downsizing things and how they don't like something that's been done in the show either don't actually leave, or leave and then come back. Videos like

and
aren't made without good reason.

Thankfully, this is likely true. Most people who are complaining are not actually going to leave.

• Brohoof 3

Every time a Brony leaves the fandom, 2 more take his/her place.

JK, I don't think people are leaving the fandom in numbers as people are saying, in fact, many of the Bronies that had the outcry about Alicorn Twilight where from Derpibooru, ponychan, and Facebook, and I doubt they left because of Alicorn Twilight or Equestria Girls.

I think that we're just in our midage crisis stage and feel like we're losing more and more members when we're actually probably getting more.

I mean c'mon, if trekkies are going strong 40 years later, Bronies should last a while.

• Brohoof 2