Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP' Sonic Thread

Captain Marvelous

Well that's probably for two reasons.

1) Sonic was originally Mario's rival business-wise. Sonic was made to basically do the platforming genre better than the king, Mario.

2) Sega and Sonic Team are almost second party to Nintendo and put many of their products on Nintendo consoles since they no longer have their own after the Dreamcast got swept away by the PS2.

Nowadays companies are more about friendship than having enemies so they have them as just sports rivals and such in games nowadays like the Olympic Games games.

Edited by Discordian

Well that's probably for two reasons.

1) Sonic was originally Mario's rival business-wise. Sonic was made to basically do the platforming genre better than the king, Mario.

2) Sega and Sonic Team are almost second party to Nintendo and put many of their products on Nintendo consoles since they no longer have their own after the Dreamcast got swept away by the PS2.

Nowadays companies are more about friendship than having enemies so they have them as just sports rivals and such in games nowadays like the Olympic Games games.

Don't even remind me of the Olympic game series. It was pure fail.

So does anyone here enjoy Sonic Riders series?

Eeyup! I've played all three Sonic Riders games and I liked each of them. Sure, they're fairly tricky with their learning curve, but once you get good at them, they're pretty enjoyable.

Tomorrow the demo reaches PSN. Imma play it at least three or four times probably. xD

;-; I really gotta get money for Sonic Generations.

It does? Looks like i'll have something to look forward to after school (depending on if i'm impressed by the demo, I may or may not buy the game the day it comes out...)

Yup. It's been on LIVE since last week but the PSN version comes tomorrow. (lol Microsoft and their petty attempt to get more sales on their console. I'd still get it on PS3 because I like the controller more if I had a 360)

8D I played the SG demo.

I gotta say, it's amazing.

First off: Omochao's new VA is adorable. I've never really cared one way or another about Omochao but now he has the most adorable voice ever.

Now since the classic was just the stuff we had from the demo I won't say anything new on that, it was just as awesome as before.

Now...the Modern Sonic gameplay...it was amazing. And it plays how Unleashed should have with X button being home attack and Square being the dash. (They did this in Colors too)

Absolutely loved it, it was smooth and the level was so full of content. Plus it's a good thing to see the non-2D parts of the level were more than just a quick dash through a small part. They actually had some platforming, lots of cleverly placed enemies and stuff like that.

<3 I sooo want SG now. I will love it through and through.

Edited by Discordian

I'll say it right now, I've been a fan of Sonic since the days of the Genesis. But the SatAM cartoon is still one of my favorite things connected to Sonic the Hedgehog. I own the box set, and I still watch it pretty frequently.

• Brohoof 1

:D Same here. Been a fan since Genesis era, SatAM continues to be my favorite cartoon. Though I always have been a fan of the Modern Sonic games far more than the Genesis games for the most part.

I am, but unfortunately I can't even get it until a couple weeks after it comes out. Oh well, at least I'll have it. I have it preordered from Gamestop so I just gotta get my first paycheck from my new job and I'll head right on over there (it's like a five minute walk from work)

The demo further solidified my thoughts that it'll be an amazing game. And then I learned...

that Crisis City is one of the levels! I have been saying I wanted that ****ing epic level in SG since the game was first announced! But I doubted it since

the timeline from Sonic 06 was deleted so I didn't think a game about the timeline of the series would include it. But it does and I'm happy!

Edited by Discordian

So... is anyone else like me ever actually beat a sonic game?

I haven't ._.

I've beaten most of the ones I got. The 2 Wii ones though, 1 because it's bad, the other because my Wii is broken.