Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP' Sonic Thread

Captain Marvelous

Well I am gearing more to the orriginal games.

Like the 2D? I believe I've played some of them. I can't remember though. Probably on a later game that had them as minigames.

Like the 2D? I believe I've played some of them. I can't remember though. Probably on a later game that had them as minigames.

WellI mean like the 1st game for example. Sonic just moved way too fast, so i had no idea what the hell I was doing. I was so confused.

WellI mean like the 1st game for example. Sonic just moved way too fast, so i had no idea what the hell I was doing. I was so confused.

Well, he does extremely fast. The Flash though... he could move so fast in one show; he could stop time.

I've yet to beat Sonic 3 or Sonic & Knuckles with Sonic. Sonic 3 because the final stage is hard, Sonic and Knuckles because I couldn't beat Sky Temple.

...No wait, maybe I did get to the end of S&K

Also, no, I don't care if they are meant to be the same game. I always have and always will treat Sonic 3 and S&K as two different games. The S3&K thing just seems more like a DLC pack or something.

One thing people seem to think is that because Sonic moves fast that means you have to move fast. That is not the case because taking your time and doing the actual platforming is far more important than doing it faster. Otherwise you get more game overs than you want.

Nope, in the early Sonic games running as fast as you can is only for the pros. Doing so when you first start will only kill you faster. There's only a few parts where you have to run to move onward and that's the loops, twists and in some cases special platforms that only move when you run on top of them like the screws in Metropolis Zone in Sonic 2.

Do yourself a favor and take your time.

The only time limit in the game is you have to beat a stage (note: not zone, just the stage) within ten minutes because if the clock hits the ten minute mark you automatically die.

Trust me on this one, I use to run and run and run and never beat the games. Then I took it slower. Sonic may be the fastest thing alive but that doesn't mean you have to rush. It's like trying to play Mario 1-3 on your first run and rushing through stages, you'll die trying to be fast like the pros.

So... is anyone else like me ever actually beat a sonic game?

I haven't ._.

...Not exactly:

Sonic

Sonic 2 (still best Sonic game)

Sonic 3

Sonic and Knuckles

Sonic CD

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Advance

Sonic Advance 2

Sonic Heroes

Sonic Advance 3

Shadow The Hedgehog

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic Colors

About the Genesis Sonic games, you should take Discordian's advice. There's no way you'll be able to beat something like the Scrap Brain Zone from the first Sonic game if you try to rush things.

Slightly off the current topic, but...

I came upon this fanfic not too long ago, it's a Sonic/MLP crossover.

"A journal recounts a remarkable discovery to Equestria by someone who sought only a little peace."

I feel it is noteworthy because somehow, somehow, it is not terrible. There's a sequel up on the same page that's good as well.

I've played 2 of the one's for the original Xbox and a couple of the classic ones.

The classic are definitely better.

Sonic Heroes and Shadow The Hedgehog? (those are the only Sonic games I can remember also being released for the original Xbox)

Sonic 2 is best Sonic. This is fact.

S3&K doesn't count. They couldn't finish Sonic 3 in time, so they should be considered two separate games.

Sonic Heroes and Shadow The Hedgehog? (those are the only Sonic games I can remember also being released for the original Xbox) Sonic 2 is best Sonic. This is fact. S3&K doesn't count. They couldn't finish Sonic 3 in time, so they should be considered two separate games.

I believe those are the games, I only played 'em because my little brother had 'em :P

I don't know why, but I seem to enjoy the sonic games that most people would not enjoy.

I like Shadow the hedgehog

I like Sonic Unleashed, (even the werehog stages)

I like Sonic Heros, (even though not as hated)

and I even like Sonic riders.

Same here, Raccoon :P

I've always liked the Sonic series and I don't care if games walk me through it because in the case of the Sonic games it's still awesome and they still make you feel awesome when playing through it. I'm not the type of gamer who believes challenge is required for a game to be good and I don't mind if tutorials take up half the game like in Final Fantasy XIII (Another epic game that practically walks you through it. :P)

Slightly off the current topic, but...

I came upon this fanfic not too long ago, it's a Sonic/MLP crossover.

"A journal recounts a remarkable discovery to Equestria by someone who sought only a little peace."

I feel it is noteworthy because somehow, somehow, it is not terrible. There's a sequel up on the same page that's good as well.

Oh my...that's just a mite long. I'll have to take my time with it.

I think the major thing keeping me from beating the first 2 games are the fact that I'm not really that efficient in getting all of the Chaos Emeralds. Even though you don't need them to complete the game, I don't think I'd allow myself to beat them without doing so. =/

that, and I really don't have any significant interest in games anymore other than Doom. Last other game I played was Portal 2, and god knows when I'll ever decide to complete that game.

I've never been able to get the Chaos Emeralds in any of the early Sonic games. Sonic 2 has the worst bonus stages too so I definitely can't do that.

I may be a hardcore gamer but I'm far from a completionist type. I'm more of a "I enjoy everything" type but have no real interest in 100% completion in most games.

Only Sonic game I haven't beaten yet is Chronicles on DS. Though I technically haven't beaten Sonic Unleashed on PS3 but I have beaten the Wii version.

This is of the games I've played, of course, I haven't played all of them. Just quite a few.