Ninja Derpy

Do you like shipping?  

91 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like shipping?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • I don't care
    • No

Hiya ^.^ I was thinking. Ever since I started writing shipping stories, what everyones views on it all was. I would like your opinions on it. Do you think it's good? Or are you against it? I for one find it immensely cute, and satisfying (major romance fan). What do you all think?

• Brohoof 1

I believe that shipping can be a good or a bad thing. It depends on how it is portrayed, if it stays strictly cute then it is fine. I wouldn't know for myself but I guess you're right romance fans would like it more. To get to the point of what I'm trying to say I believe that shipping can be used to tell an excellent story if you use it right.

• Brohoof 4

Fanfiction: It can be difficult to get it just right so the public likes it rather than feel it's too rushed or it takes up too much of the story. However, if done right, it can be very good and interesting. I, for one, like romance if it's done right, and it's a secondary plotline within the main story.

Fanart: I generally love a lot of shipping fanart.

I am not an MLP shipper, as I don't really have that much interest in MLP shipping, tbh. However, I am a major Advanceshipper (Pokemon). I am planning on writing a fanfiction on it (with it being a secondary plotline) when I'm done with my current MLP ones.

In most cases I find it adorable (I mean what good ship isn't adorable) or honestly don't really care. But I absolutely hate Dashie ship, irritates me beyond belief  

It´s okay for me... as every kind of fan art it can be really nice done, beautiful and/ or romantic. There are borders where it becomes a bit "explicite", but most of the ships are done well, the artists spent time thinking about if it would fir or not, and that is what it takes for a piece of art to be good.

I'm okay with it. Although I hate when people ship characters with eachother 'just because she might be lesbian' or 'well they're good friends, so..'

For example, in a fanfiction it can really improve the story, as long as the reason for the relationship has enough backstory. I don't really care about the more explicit shipping and shipping fanfictions/fanart though, to each their own I always say and if your interest is more explicit stuff, well okay, I'm cool with that.

Honestly,  ill enjoy any type of fimfic,  reguardless of conyent,  if it is at the very least,  well written.  Even the explicit stuff! 

Anything can be beautiful,  when done right.  I love a good shipping story now and then^^

In most cases I find it adorable (I mean what good ship isn't adorable) or honestly don't really care. But I absolutely hate Dashie ship, irritates me beyond belief  

What do you hate about Dashie ships? I do recognize that almost everyone ship Dashie as the token butch lesbian (a bit cliche) but what makes it cute for everyone else but terrible for Dash?

Hello!

I personally am against "Gay" shippings... Though normal shippings don't interest me aswell. It's okay to have simple "Friend like" shippings, but anything farther than that just annoys me...

• Brohoof 1

Depends what kind of shipping, really.

I'm a-okay with nearly every shipping, I'm not bothered by the mane 6 shippings, I tend to get a bit annoyed with the OC x Canon shippings, although, I'm not that into shipping as I was before.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I'm not for it because I feel that it's still a kid's show at heart, and shipping characters just seems odd to me. Granted, some people like it, and they can do so, but my opinion is that why must everything be needlessly sexualized? Just enjoy it for what it is.

• Brohoof 1

What do you hate about Dashie ships?

Thats the thing, I really don't know why it pisses me off so much. 
I think It may be Ive just grown such a huge attachment to Dashie. (Tulpa aside)

I'm okay with most ships, as long as it isn't lesbian. I just hate when people say stuff like 'they're such good friends, why not?'

Ugh. It sickens me. Also, 'Random Oc' x Cannon Pony shippings are very annoying to me.

Otherwise, I think the other ships are cute, and so is the fanwork

e.g:

Soarin'dash (My fav <3)

SpikexSweetieBelle

BigMacXFluttershy

etc... etc...

Edited by Fireball Rush

I think shipping costs too much, but then the people at UPS and FedEx have to get paid somehow tongue.png.

In all seriousness though I have unconciously developed a couple of ships in my mind, and I don't mind that others may or may not agree with them.  Personally I find it one of those things that happens in every series.  A viewer thinks two characters would be perfect for each other and starts viewing practically every interaction between the two as one of affection.  I don't think people should argue over which ship is the best because in the end it is all made up in perception and doesn't truly exist in reality until the writers put it into the show (which will never happen as that was one of the main things Lauren Faust made clear shouldn't be in it).

It is good to know that we grow attached to these characters to the point we want them to find love.  It is a credit to the writing.

Edited by TanktheTortoise

Meh. I ship. 

Spike x Rarity

Rainbow Dash x Soarin

Bearsie x Applejack (:P)

so, yeah. I ship... YAH HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT? 

Gay shippings?

01-how-about-no-bear.jpg?w=800

Lesbian shippings? Anything that doesn't involve Applejack, I'm good. (SHE'S MINE! And Twilight too.)

Shippings between characters is bound to happen in every fandom out there, so I found it quite obvious to see MLP shippings between ponies (and animals...?). Personally, I don't really care for them, unless if it's a really good shipping. The only pair I care right now is Rarity x Spike...which is kinda canon now, I know. xD

I honestly don't like it very much. Mainly cause I find it pointless to do such things. So I tend to avoid it generally, however, I'm not actually bothered by it.

Unless you're talking about DoctorXDerpy ships. I'll become (one of) the most jealous mothabuckas you've ever seen at the slightest mention of that.. X)

I honestly don't like it very much. Mainly cause I find it pointless to do such things. So I tend to avoid it generally, however, I'm not actually bothered by it.Unless you're talking about DoctorXDerpy ships. I'll become (one of) the most jealous mothabuckas you've ever seen at the slightest mention of that.. X)

Really? There is alot of accounts that keeps in charecter with Doctor whooves and derpy. I actually made one myself! DoctorWhoovesandDerpy!

Really? There is alot of accounts that keeps in charecter with Doctor whooves and derpy. I actually made one myself! DoctorWhoovesandDerpy!

Eeyup. X)

Funny thing you should say that...

I saw one account with that name here I think and wherever I saw it I left so freaking fast. I wanna say it was an ask thread, but I don't remember.

Regardless. My jimbobs were really bucking flustered for a while after that. X)

Also, just in case you're talking about having two accounts

Here, that's against the rules, just as a heads up.

Eeyup. X)

Funny thing you should say that...

I saw one account with that name here I think and wherever I saw it I left so freaking fast. I wanna say it was an ask thread, but I don't remember.

Regardless. My jimbobs were really bucking flustered for a while after that. X)

Also, just in case you're talking about having two accounts

Here, that's against the rules, just as a heads up.

Oh, I don't use to anymore! I gave it to my friend. :P

Anyway, I think the most popular shipping is Rainbow dash and Fluttershy because its actually canon! Well, almost canon. You see, in A Canterlot Wedding, during the fight scene, Rainbow Dash kisses Fluttershy on the nose... BOOM! Everypony exploded with joy!

I personally despise it, but if people like it.. 

Heck, they can do whatever they want.

I'm gonna stay with the canon relationships we get from the show.

But I do think one thing may not be shipped any more.

Discord

You cannot ship Discord, he ships you!

25442__safe_animated_discord_fanfic_comp

Edited by Floris

Oh, I don't use to anymore! I gave it to my friend. :P

Anyway, I think the most popular shipping is Rainbow dash and Fluttershy because its actually canon! Well, almost canon. You see, in A Canterlot Wedding, during the fight scene, Rainbow Dash kisses Fluttershy on the nose... BOOM! Everypony exploded with joy!

Ok, good. :P

And as little as I pay attention to small details, I know exaclty what you're on about. However, it was just a sound effect and bad timing of animations, not RD kissing Fluttershy.

And since this Is going off topic, I shall leave it at that and bid you adieu.

Good day, sir

Shipping? I'm okay with it.

I'm REALLY okay with Flutterdash. It is best ship after all.

I really only like the lesbian shippings, though, because I don't care enough about the male characters in the show to ship them. I'm also not in it for the "hawt sexy clop time". I like shipping more when it's just adorable, sweet love.

I'm a guy, by the way. Feels kinda awkward talking about pony romance because it makes me seem all girlish. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but.............you know.

Edited by Bardock