Ninja Derpy

Do you like shipping?  

91 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like shipping?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • I don't care
    • No

Friendshipping and not-over-the-top-shipping is fine by me. I ship AppleDash, more than TwiJack for some reason, even though Twi's my second favorite, and RD's my least... XD

EDIT: Read Yours Truly. Just read it.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Btw I love AppleDash, it's a pretty cool ship actually.

I don't really have any probs with shipping, but if it's too much than no...

Edited by ~Wubs~
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not like hardcore into it, but I'm capable on enjoying cleanish(PG-13 and below) if it's done well. I like it more for the cuteness and romance part though, ya know, just the general diabetes inducing lovey feelings.

Shipping is like any other genre really. It can be written well or it can be written badly. I like the good ones ;)

But yea, I've always been a sucker for romance and I love a good romantic scene. Problem is that a lot of writers tend to make the scenes either not too intense, way too over-the-top-sugarcoated, awkward or just weird.

So long as Luna is Shipped with me I am perfectly fine with it :P

Joking aside, I like shipping quite a bit

I do enjoy the creative names that come out of shipping such as Octavinyl or Apple Dash or even Twilight Dash to name a few

It depends on what we mean by "shipping".

Not so long ago, I was talking to someone about how my favourite "ship" would be Rarity x Sweetie Belle, and they thought I meant "shipping" as in going to "another level", if you know what I mean. I was actually quite surprised. The term shipping comes from "relationship". You know, relationSHIPPING. I understand that most people hear relationship and assume such things, but really, they went on to say that shipping pretty much HAD to go in that direction, which, I don't agree. I'm all for platonic shipping. Even just "good friend" shipping. The Rarity x Sweetie Belle thing I enjoy is just a sisterly relationship, and nothing really comes out of it. I'm just quite the protective person, and I am actually secretly quite motherly (or sisterly, etc.), so it's just great to think about (+I haven't taken the time to look up fics, same with fanart).

But anyway:

Platonic shipping = Yes.

Sexual shipping = I'll murder you for talking about it near me.

• Brohoof 4

Everything depends on the Shipping, is it a FriendShipping, or normal romantic relationship, or "holy nuts get a room already' shipping.

The first two, I can stand them. Personally I love any shipping arts or fics that put heavy emphasize on the relation parts, not just the bedroom parts

Can't say I'm really for it, though I'm not going to pitchfork riot against it either. And it bothers me less if it's normal romantic, and not at all if just friendshipping. The "holy nuts get a room already" stuff... eh, I'd rather not see that stuff as it isn't something I'm in the fandom for. I know its there, and its there in almost every fandom, so I just basically ignore it. Just don't start claiming it as canon like has been said.

• Brohoof 1

It depends on the characters. MLP shipping is very cute. The only shipping I have seen is between the mane six. CMC shipping is not that bad. VinylScratchXOctavia seems like it could go. Shipping overall is very cute, unless the artists intends sexual activity, then it becomes downright wrong.

Wow, seeing all the people that like Dash shipping is making me facedesk. :/

Well, I don't really care bout shipping in general until I stumble upon Dash shipping, I have know idea why but it really ticks me off.

Posted Image

JK. Because it is a challenge, Rev. Granted, many writers fail it. :P But Rainbow is the most emotionally independent pony of the 6, and they are intrigued by thinking up a situation where she could actually fall in love. So am I, but I haven't tried it yet.

In general, I disapprove of it, but it's okay in the same way. Shipping to me is fine if it isn't clop, if it is, eh, i'll let them do their own thing.

Posted Image

post-6061-0-61186100-1351316412.gif

Yeah, I knew people love shipping her because shes a challenge. It wasn't what i was getting at though, I was saying seeing RD shipping pisses me off.....kinda sad really, and I have no idea why.

post-6061-0-61186100-1351316412.gif

Edited by zRevenantz

Now please do not kill me for this, but here's my honest opinion on shipping.

Shipping is a fun thing to do, and makes for some great stories and art. Sometimes it's even touching, especially if you're in to romance. I sometimes like to see ship-art provided it's SFW.

In fact I have done some shipping myself, whether with central characters, background characters and even OC's. It's a fun little thing to discuss and speculate about.

However some things affect my view on it...

Now I understand that the MLP world is mostly made up of female characters, but I find the concept of shipping two females together as a little strange. Don't get me wrong, I tolerate things like that, but it just is a little bit annoying when almost all shipping with MLP is F/F.

This may be slightly biased as I do somewhat dislike homosexuality in general, but it's just my honest opinion on the matter.

• Brohoof 1

Now please do not kill me for this, but here's my honest opinion on shipping.

Shipping is a fun thing to do, and makes for some great stories and art. Sometimes it's even touching, especially if you're in to romance. I sometimes like to see ship-art provided it's SFW.

In fact I have done some shipping myself, whether with central characters, background characters and even OC's. It's a fun little thing to discuss and speculate about.

However some things affect my view on it...

Now I understand that the MLP world is mostly made up of female characters, but I find the concept of shipping two females together as a little strange. Don't get me wrong, I tolerate things like that, but it just is a little bit annoying when almost all shipping with MLP is F/F.

This may be slightly biased as I do somewhat dislike homosexuality in general, but it's just my honest opinion on the matter.

That's fine, I've never been a fan of Male/Male shipping and I avoid it whenever possible. It's just personal preference. In this fandom though I read almost exclusively F/F shipping, mainly because there are maybe 4 male characters in the entire show and I'm not a huge fan of shipping them.
  • Brohoof 2

Ahh, so the bomb has already been dropped? Okay, I'll play in the crater. :D So long as it's Stallion X Mare I'm fine with it. The reason I don't like the Mare X Mare or Stallion X Stallion is cause I don't like to think that something like that could/would happen in the MLP universe. If you like it, that's fine. Leave me out of it. KTHXBAI But I must admit there are some ships I like. Such as FlutterMac, or Rarity X Fancypants. And the one (Offical) cannon one of Shining armor and Princess Cadenza is pretty cute. :3

I am fairly ambivalent toward it for the most part if a good fanfic happens to have it I will probably read it, but I don't actively seek it out or play armchair matchmaker simply because it is not my thing. If that is your thing though than have at it.

I like looking at Yuri sometimes, but as far as shipping goes, nah. It's just not interesting or, er, pleasant for me to get into. Probably because I just find the whole "sexual tension between ponies" part kind of stupid lol.

I absolutely hate it. How could you like it? I mean does anyone actually enjoy paying extra for stuff you buy from online stores? Now, free shipping. That's something I could go for.

.............oh. That's not the kind of shipping we're talking about? Whoopsie.

• Brohoof 1

I like shipping, pretty much all fanfics i read are shipping but its also because its probably the most popular to do, if i read shipfics then its either Ocyavia x Vinyl Scratch or Twilight x Rainbow Dash

I have a weird thing where if i read a fanfic where two characters are shipped i dont like to read anything if they are paired with any other Pony. Dont ask me why i just dont.