Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Friendship Express RP

Descant

@@Umbreon,

Flame was just about to enter the opera house when somepony bumped into him almost knocking him over, luckily he managed to keep himself from falling using his wings.

After catching his balance he looked at the pony and chuckle. "You okay there ?" He asked, smiling at the pony.

• Brohoof 1

@@Umbreon,

Flame was just about to enter the opera house when somepony bumped into him almost knocking him over, luckily he managed to keep himself from falling using his wings.

After catching his balance he looked at the pony and chuckle. "You okay there ?" He asked, smiling at the pony.

Great... The first sign of contact ends up horrible with him. He nearly knocks down a pony, and he enters a conversation that he had never wanted to be in. Wasn't this fantastic?

Somber teetered a bit on his hooves, shaking a little from this new pony talking with him. The best he could do was muster a wave and a gulp, trying to also put up a fake smile.

After grabbing her guitar, Star flew out to where Hop, Keeper and Moonbeam waited. "Sorry...I just thought I would get it and busk or something...I haven't played music in a couple days...which is rather rare for me." She said, putting her guitar over her back and smiling.

Hop smiled as Star came back. "You never told me you play music, Star." Hop said as she went to Stars side and nuzzled her. She pulled away smiling at Moonbeam and Star keeper. "So where to? I think the opera house sounds rather fun. What do you all think?" Hop suggested.

• Brohoof 1

@@Marathon,

@,

Star's eyes widened in surprise. "Really ? You guys never knew that ? Music is my special talent." She said, flashing her cutiemark. "I also have my accordion with me. And a few other smaller instruments...like a tin whistle."

Flame's smile faded slightly. He knew that this pony was quite shy...as the pony attempted to smile...which looked rather feeble. "Um...you alright ? My name is Flame Dancer." He said, hoping to break the awkward silence.

Melody's eyes widened when she heard Tag's statement. "Oh that's sooo cool you and your sister are the conductors of the train." Melody was giddy with excitement. "That's better than what I do. I'm just a singer for a small band that happened to be here in town on tour. Plus we just finished our tour so I thought why not take a vacation on the Friendship Express." Melody turned and smiled at Tag hoping to get to know him better.

"Eh, it's not as great as you'd think," Tag said, although he smiled feebly. "We're getting paid barely above minimum wage at the moment, although I guess it's exciting enough, getting to travel everywhere."

Accent shook her head a bit, but quickly calmed from Encore giving her a hug. "I hope so...", she could only say.

Encore smiled faintly, and kindly, and stood up, extending his hoof for Accent to take. "Come on. Let's go to the Opera House and look around, 'kay?" 

He was more interested in the idea of walking. They'd feel like they were walking away from the dread news, and would literally be walking into a safe haven, since Cent said she could get them in areas usually off-limits. Right?

@@Umbreon,

Flame's smile faded slightly. He knew that this pony was quite shy...as the pony attempted to smile...which looked rather feeble. "Um...you alright ? My name is Flame Dancer." He said, hoping to break the awkward silence.

Somber gulped again. This pony seemed to love to try and make him explode in fear and nervousness, wasn't he? "S-Somber...", he quietly said, trying to at least sound like a whisper.

@@Glaceon

Accent took his hoof, sighing, but regaining her happy composure yet again, heading off towards the opera house.

@@Marathon,

@,

@@The-Master,

Star's eyes widened in surprise. "Really ? You guys never knew that ? Music is my special talent." She said, flashing her cutiemark. "I also have my accordion with me. And a few other smaller instruments...like a tin whistle."

@@Umbreon,

Flame's smile faded slightly. He knew that this pony was quite shy...as the pony attempted to smile...which looked rather feeble. "Um...you alright ? My name is Flame Dancer." He said, hoping to break the awkward silence.

Hop couldn't help but stare at Stars flank whike she showed off her cutie mark. "Thats, uhh, a lot of instruments. You should play for us sometime." Hop pulled her eyes away from Star's flank realizin she had been staring for a little too long and her face turned a deep crimson.

@@Umbreon,

Flame's smile never faded...he was going to get this pony to open up...it was a challenge...that he would probably fail...but he was gonna try none the less. "Its nice to meet you Somber...so are you from Sydneigh ? It really is a wonderful city. I was traveling here with the Circus I am part of and right now I have two weeks off...so I got a ticket on board the Friendship Express." He said, looking up at the Opera House.

@@Marathon,

@,

Star did notice this and blushed but did her best to hide it...she had also noticed Hop's blush so she quickly changed the subject. "So...where do you guys want to go now ? Lunch...the Opera house ?" She asked, still blushing ever so slightly.

@@Umbreon,

Flame's smile never faded...he was going to get this pony to open up...it was a challenge...that he would probably fail...but he was gonna try none the less. "Its nice to meet you Somber...so are you from Sydneigh ? It really is a wonderful city. I was traveling here with the Circus I am part of and right now I have two weeks off...so I got a ticket on board the Friendship Express." He said, looking up at the Opera House.

Great... More conversation that he needed to deal with... The last thing he needed was for a conversation to drag... At this response, Somber had gulped down any pride he was about to show, and he just simply shook his head, denying the location of where he was from.

Great... More conversation that he needed to deal with... The last thing he needed was for a conversation to drag... At this response, Somber had gulped down any pride he was about to show, and he just simply shook his head, denying the location of where he was from.

Flame chuckled. "You're not very talkative are ya...so are you here on vacation or...work...or something ?" He asked. He was starting to feel really interested in the pony...even though all he knew about him was the fact that his name was Somber. "If you have places to go, don't let me keep you."

Accent took his hoof, sighing, but regaining her happy composure yet again, heading off towards the opera house.

Encore lead Accent for a short ways, wandering blindly around the city. Then he laughed. "Okay, Cent. Um... I don't really know where I'm going, remember? Where... Where do we go?" 

He tried to allow Accent to take the lead. 

Elsewhere, Rag wandered throughout the city, having gotten lost. ((Good opportunity, if you want to talk to Rag.))

Flame chuckled. "You're not very talkative are ya...so are you here on vacation or...work...or something ?" He asked. He was starting to feel really interested in the pony...even though all he knew about him was the fact that his name was Somber. "If you have places to go, don't let me keep you."

More torture for Somber... How perfect. Why was Flame Dancer doing this? He's been ripping him with words... He shook his head again, and was about two seconds away from bolting unless he did something else.

Encore lead Accent for a short ways, wandering blindly around the city. Then he laughed. "Okay, Cent. Um... I don't really know where I'm going, remember? Where... Where do we go?" 

He tried to allow Accent to take the lead. 

Elsewhere, Rag wandered throughout the city, having gotten lost. ((Good opportunity, if you want to talk to Rag.))

Accent laughed a bit, looking around the city. "Well, silly, you just past it. I was just seeing how it took you to notice it.", she said, giggling from his mistake.

More torture for Somber... How perfect. Why was Flame Dancer doing this? He's been ripping him with words... He shook his head again, and was about two seconds away from bolting unless he did something else.

Flame waited a moment...then he opened his mouth as if he was about to speak...then he closed it. What was he supposed to say...this pony wasn't speaking...and Flame couldn't just tell him to leave...or just walk away. So Flame just stayed quiet and shuffled his hooves...also feeling unsure of what to do...

Flame waited a moment...then he opened his mouth as if he was about to speak...then he closed it. What was he supposed to say...this pony wasn't speaking...and Flame couldn't just tell him to leave...or just walk away. So Flame just stayed quiet and shuffled his hooves...also feeling unsure of what to do...

This wasn't good... Somber had made Flame uneasy as well, and this has turned into a awkward silence contest.. He had to think of something to break the silence.. Or something in general. So, he had tried something extremely bold, something he had never done before...

*extremely quiet but audible* "Hi..."

This wasn't good... Somber had made Flame uneasy as well, and this has turned into a awkward silence contest.. He had to think of something to break the silence.. Or something in general. So, he had tried something extremely bold, something he had never done before...

*extremely quiet but audible* "Hi..."

Flame chuckled...which slowly grew to a laugh. After catching his breath he smiled. "Hello." He said. The awkwardness he was just feeling had vanished into thin air.

He chuckled again before looking at the opera house...then back at Somber. "Wanna go in ?" He asked.

Accent laughed a bit, looking around the city. "Well, silly, you just past it. I was just seeing how it took you to notice it.", she said, giggling from his mistake.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." He took that moment to look up, and saw the iconic sails of the building they stood in the shadow of. How had he failed to notice? "Oh, you got me, Cent. You little trickster, you." Laughing now, he gave her a gentle, playful shove, and pecked her on the cheek.

Flame chuckled...which slowly grew to a laugh. After catching his breath he smiled. "Hello." He said. The awkwardness he was just feeling had vanished into thin air.

He chuckled again before looking at the opera house...then back at Somber. "Wanna go in ?" He asked.

That didn't work so much... But... Somber felt a little better about himself. He nodded to Flame with his same, worried and depressed look, and walked inside the opera house.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." He took that moment to look up, and saw the iconic sails of the building they stood in the shadow of. How had he failed to notice? "Oh, you got me, Cent. You little trickster, you." Laughing now, he gave her a gentle, playful shove, and pecked her on the cheek.

((... You know? I swear, one day, you're gonna slip up and replace Cent with a certain vowel.))

Accent couldn't help but laugh at his folly, returning his peck on the cheek back, and intertwined her tail with his. They both began to walk inside the opera house, already seeing two pegasi walk in, black and blue.

• Brohoof 1

((... You know? I swear, one day, you're gonna slip up and replace Cent with a certain vowel.))

(BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.)

That didn't work so much... But... Somber felt a little better about himself. He nodded to Flame with his same, worried and depressed look, and walked inside the opera house.

Flame followed Somber into the Opera house and his jaw dropped. It was enormous, the ceiling went high high up and the floors were all made of shiny marble.

Pictures of ponies flame assumed were opera singers hung all around the walls. "Wow."

(BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.)

Flame followed Somber into the Opera house and his jaw dropped. It was enormous, the ceiling went high high up and the floors were all made of shiny marble.

Pictures of ponies flame assumed were opera singers hung all around the walls. "Wow."

Somber quivered in fear at the sight of the large building, It was all so pretty, but the entire place was just entirely too big... Maybe it was his fear from falling from Cloudsdale and seeing the altitude of his home ascend higher and higher... He gulped, shaking a little.

(edited)

Accent couldn't help but laugh at his folly, returning his peck on the cheek back, and intertwined her tail with his. They both began to walk inside the opera house, already seeing two pegasi walk in, black and blue.

((I doubt it. But I can start calling her Taps if it would make you feel better about yourself.))

Encore craned his neck as he looked around the entryway to the opera house, which was grand enough, but when they walked into the Auditorium his jaw dropped. It was just so well designed... phonically perfect... and it looked fantastic to boot. He gazed at Accent and the room around them in open-mouthed wonder. To perform here... Would quite possibly be the greatest single moment of any life.

((I'm gonna go with no performance today, but that the house is open to visitors and tourists at the time being. There's also a bar at both ends of the House, btw. One behind the stage and one behind the seating in the Auditorium.

opera_house_wideweb__470x356,0.jpg

Sydney-Opera-House-indoor.jpeg 

))

Edited by Glaceon

Encore craned his neck as he looked around the entryway to the opera house, which was grand enough, but when they walked into the Auditorium his jaw dropped. It was just so well designed... phonically perfect... and it looked fantastic to boot. He gazed at Accent and the room around them in open-mouthed wonder. To perform here... Would quite possibly be the greatest single moment of any life.

Accent had turned for a split moment, seeing Encore's expression, which had caused her to burst out in a giggle again. "You know, if there was an award for the best reactions, you would be thanking the Academy.", she joked, looking back to the stage. "Oh man, does this place bring back memories... I miss this place."

@,

Max noticed that when Unholy leaned against the tree he resided under, she sat pretty close to him. About 6 inches separated them.

"Well, if you want, we can go look for some other ponies from the train. I imagine you have a lot of friends from the Friendship Express." Max said. Without thinking, he moved over an inch to get closer to Unholy

"lots of friends..." Unholy echoed in almost a whisper.

yeah... i wish i had lots of friends... but nopony wants to be friends with me... she thought as she let out a deep sigh.

"I only have two friends from the Friendship Express... if i count you, i now have three... I've never been good at making friends... everypony just sees me as a burden..." Unholy trailed off.

@@Umbreon,

((Percussive doesn't giggle nearly this much. Bahaha.))

"Well, I can't help it if this place is amazing," he said, taking in as much of the room as his eyes would see. "I'd love to be able to perform here. And you got to!" He seemed to quiver with excitement as he looked around at her, the conspiracy of his death stored somewhere in the depths of his mind at the moment. "What was it like?" 

@,

Max couldn't help but feel a pang of sorrow when he heard that. He fluttered over to Unholy so that they were sitting next to each other. He put his hoof on her shoulder.

"You are anything but a burden. I have had an amazing time today. And for that, I thank you." Max said.

"How anypony could consider you a burden is beyond me."

Somber quivered in fear at the sight of the large building, It was all so pretty, but the entire place was just entirely too big... Maybe it was his fear from falling from Cloudsdale and seeing the altitude of his home ascend higher and higher... He gulped, shaking a little.

Flame noticed a map of the Opera House by the door.

He trotted over and looked at it for a moment before walking back over to Somber. "So there's a bar we could go check out...i'm not much of a drinker...but I don't mind a beer now and again." He said, smiling and moving towards the stairs that would take them up to the bar.