Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite/best Doctor  

143 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite/best Doctor?

• The First Doctor
    • The Second Doctor
    • The Third Doctor
    • The Fourth Doctor
    • The Fifth Doctor
    • The Sixth Doctor
    • The Seventh Doctor
    • The Eighth Doctor
    • The Ninth Doctor
    • The Tenth Doctor
    • The Eleventh Doctor

I watched my first episode what.... Three weeks ago? I think three. I really enjoyed it. I've watched only one other episode since then. (both were the 11th doctor)

I plan on watching it more :D

Relevant story:

Today in Latin someone asked the question "What does 'tardus' mean?" They ended up pronouncing it "tardis" instead of "tardus", so after my teacher answered the question, I told him, "It's also a time traveling device." Only BowlArt64, another member on here, understood the joke.

I enjoy Matt Smith as The Doctor because he's so eccentric and he plays the part incredibly well. However, I'm not too much of a fan of the actual episodes. They've gotten a bit dull for me and the recent finale was a bit meh for me. I have been watching Doctor Who since Christopher Ecclestion, so not too long but I can honestly say that as long as the series continues, I will never stop watching.

I'm not which style I like better. The 10th's episodes included him spouting off about the inter-relationships between planets/races/species and laws where the 11th hasn't at all. Also Smith's episodes seem darker, not in the subject matter, but like literally the episodes are low-lit and dark.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

What would happen if you spray pianted the face (with open eyes), and blinked?

What if one is chasing after you, but currently frozen and you had a buddy tie a rope around its legs?

How long would it take to chisel a happy smile on an angry angel?

What if one was going full tilt after you (but currently frozen), and you and you buddies pushed it to the edge of the stairs?

with the hands so close together covering the face...you could hand cuff them.

If you locked an angel in a room with a hungry lion, and turned out all the lights...who would win? The angel isn't granite without the light for someone to see him...maybe smear some gravy on him?

What if you tilted the angel statue and super-glued him to the floor? Or you could super glue a blindfold over his eyes.

With quick drying cement you could encase his feet or head. and then push him in a pool.

What if you painted his eyes with alchohol and blinked.

Edited by Silverhoof

Question 1) Wouldn't work. They'd be able to tell.

Question 2) Well, don't blink. You'd be ok for a while then.

Question 3) I don't think you can.

Question 4) It wouldn't do a thing. They cannot move while being looked at.

Question 5) They'd break it easily.

Question 6) The Weeping Angel would win because it turns to stone and would be hard to be damaged by a lion so all the Weeping Angel would have to do is wait.

Question 7 part 1) Wouldn't work. The Weeping Angels would get out of the super glue easily.

Question 7 part 2) I dunno about that.

Question 8) Probably would stop it.

Question 9) The Weeping Angel would still be able to tell if you blinked.

Though Christopher Eccleston and his successors were my introduction to the franchise, I hold the first 8 Doctors to be the best, with Tom Baker king among them, though the new series is undeniably better produced and very splendidly acted.

I am probably the biggest fan of Doctor Who in the greater Anchorage Area, and possibly in Alaska. I own the complete revival series (that we've seen thus far), and I've downloaded the classic series in it's entirety (including reconstructions of the lost serials).

I am also an avid collector of the Big Finish dramas, which are superb in the way they bring the classic Doctors and companions in harmony with the Revival's writing style, creating Doctor Who adventures that are not to be missed. I myself have collected over 200 of the Big Finish stories, and also the Target Books novelizations of the classic episodes, as well as newer materials written since then.

I also own a handmade replica of Tom Baker's famous scarf (the season 14 variant).

And I'm always hunting for more.

Because Doctor Who is without a doubt my favorite science fiction franchise, and barring some cataclysm I have not foreseen, it's staying that way!

My opinion on Doctors is the same as my opinion on Ponies. I like them all because of the show they are in and they are all awesome themselves, but I have always liked David and Matt best because they were the first Doctors I ever saw.

my favorite doctor is david tennant, he had epic hair, pimpin shoes, and had a amazing sense of humor as well as being serious

Question 1) Wouldn't work. They'd be able to tell. Question 2) Well, don't blink. You'd be ok for a while then. Question 3) I don't think you can. Question 4) It wouldn't do a thing. They cannot move while being looked at. Question 5) They'd break it easily. Question 6) The Weeping Angel would win because it turns to stone and would be hard to be damaged by a lion so all the Weeping Angel would have to do is wait. Question 7 part 1) Wouldn't work. The Weeping Angels would get out of the super glue easily. Question 7 part 2) I dunno about that. Question 8) Probably would stop it. Question 9) The Weeping Angel would still be able to tell if you blinked.

eeping angels-- one of my favorite episodes! also one of my favorite races of evil alien/demon nemesises

Does anypony know a good spot to watch episodes from all of the incarnations of the Doctor, I would love to see the show from its very start all the way up to the present episodes but I have no idea how?

Does anypony know a good spot to watch episodes from all of the incarnations of the Doctor, I would love to see the show from its very start all the way up to the present episodes but I have no idea how?

There are some episodes which are completely missing, and some episodes which only have the audio recovered. So technically you can never see them all. Unless you owned a TARDIS yourself and went to watch them live.

Edited by Tich

Have actually never seen doctor who, wich is strange since I am a sci-fi buff(have a klingon tatoo for crying out loud). Should give it a go, best to start from the very beginning I suppose?

Had my first full-on Doctor Who dream last night. I had one before but it was just me dressed up and pretending to be the 11th Doctor with my sonic screwdriver toy. In that dream I accidentally ordered the US Government to open fire on friendly aliens lol.

But this dream started out at a fancy hotel that also had a giant banquet hall. I was taken there by the 11th and we looked for seats inside this hall. Well apparently the banquet room was all set up for a comic con-like panel. On the panel was some comedian, a couple voice actresses, and Lauren Faust. So 11 and I sit down and guess who's already sitting next to 11...the 10th Doctor. I begin flipping out and ask questions like "How the hell are both of you together in the same room?" but they wouldn't really answer. So 11 goes off somewhere and 10 tells me to come along with him. Well, 10 wants help breaking and entering into this one house. I was like ooookay? Then a bunch of stuff happened and the 10th Doctor was actually an imposter and by time I could find 11 again, the imposter disappeared.

• 8 months later...

I just finished all of the seasons and I must say I like Matt Smith best. Eccleston and Tennant are equally awesome, I like them all! But Matt Smith just appeals to me a bit more. :3