Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite/best Doctor  

143 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite/best Doctor?

• The First Doctor
    • The Second Doctor
    • The Third Doctor
    • The Fourth Doctor
    • The Fifth Doctor
    • The Sixth Doctor
    • The Seventh Doctor
    • The Eighth Doctor
    • The Ninth Doctor
    • The Tenth Doctor
    • The Eleventh Doctor

Out of the newer ones, I would say David Tennant then Christopher Eccleston then Matt Smith. Tennant could really pull of the darker and moodier doctor that the other two in my opinion. Haven't seen much of the old episodes but form what I have seen, I really liked Tom Baker.

Tennant is by far my favourite, he was in 3 great series and the special that he did were also really entertaining.

Eccleston is slightly behind Smith but I like both of them. However for the classic series Peter Davison was my favourite.

Eccleston and Tennant, don't care for Matt Smith at all and I've stopped watching since he became the Doctor basically. Instead I have started watching the classics when I have the time, of which Tom Baker is my favorite so far.

I wish Eccleston had stuck around longer, but Tennant was awesome so I can't complain. What I love most though is that Barrowman got to interact with both of them as Jack Harkness, and it was always a blast. I would give anything to see a Tennant Dr. Who movie.

post-6104-0-37473800-1355271939_thumb.jpg

Doctor Leonard H. McCoy, who never attended Starfleet Academy; Abrams should have checked his transcripts. Crusher and Bashir are good, but McCoy dealt with more devastating diseases and generally found himself in more dangerous situations. Here's a man who knows how to work under pressure.

• Brohoof 3

I perfer Tennant myself, but Eccleston had a good run (seeing how he was the one to restart the series and only stayed for one season), though recently I have jumped back and am watching Tom Baker, who I really like as the doctor.

This guy by far.

pertwee05.jpg

The Doctor who knew karate, reinvented the sonic screwdriver, handled a gun more than any other Doctor and was a total bad ass. He is an action hero of a Doctor.

• Brohoof 3

My favourite's 9. It's a shame Christopher Eccleston left the show so early, but he said he "couldn't get along with the senior people", so it's understandable that he quit.

David Tennant and Matt Smith also did (or are doing, in Smith's case) an absolutely brilliant job. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to watch the old franchise, so I can't say anything about that.

• 1 month later...

I see a lot of people on these forums mention how they love Doctor Who, and I am no exception! While I'm sure there have probably been a dozen topics like this before, I just figured I'd try to strike up some conversation about everypony's favorite Time Lord! What's your favorite episode, who's your favorite companion/villain/etc, what ponies match the characters the best? Go ahead and give the old series some time, if you like. Interestingly enough, I'm watching "Midnight" as I write this!

post-11325-0-74392600-1359340441_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gevarel
  • Brohoof 1

to me the doctor is the doctor no matter what, hes the same crazy timelord no matter what, but the daleks are a classic villain been there from the very start  and they are still here...... sorta like roaches 

The Tenth Doctor was my favorite, both because I found him most entertaining and interesting, and because Tennant played Hamlet, and I am a massive Shakespeare nerd :P

My favorite episode is the one with the werewolf. I believe it was called Tooth and Claw, but I could be wrong.

My favorite companion was Rose Tyler. I don't think it's so much her as much as the episodes she was in though :huh:

My favorite villain is either the Master or the Weeping Angels.

Also, I love that picture! :D

• Brohoof 1

I loved every Donna Episode. Donna could have been any woman off the street by appearances  but then we saw she was the most important woman in the universe! Tate and Tennent also have great dynamics together. I really think I would like Matt Smith better if I liked the storyline of his run better. Something about it is just...not as entertaining as before. 

Edited by bunnybuzki

The Tenth Doctor was my favorite, both because I found him most entertaining and interesting, and because Tennant played Hamlet, and I am a massive Shakespeare nerd :P

My favorite episode is the one with the werewolf. I believe it was called Tooth and Claw, but I could be wrong.

My favorite companion was Rose Tyler. I don't think it's so much her as much as the episodes she was in though :huh:

My favorite villain is either the Master or the Weeping Angels.

Also, I love that picture! :D

I'll never forget when I learned that Tennant played Hamlet! I was in the middle of rehearsals for the play, and having the part of Hamlet, I was looking up movies of the play. I saw his version on YouTube, and sat there for like a half hour drooling in amazement. I loved his take on the "words, words, words" scene with Polonius! After that, I like to follow the logic that since David Tennant is Hamlet and a Time Lord, I could be a Time Lord too! And yeah, I love the pic too; I found it on EQD.

I'll never forget when I learned that Tennant played Hamlet! I was in the middle of rehearsals for the play, and having the part of Hamlet, I was looking up movies of the play. I saw his version on YouTube, and sat there for like a half hour drooling in amazement. I loved his take on the "words, words, words" scene with Polonius! After that, I like to follow the logic that since David Tennant is Hamlet and a Time Lord, I could be a Time Lord too! And yeah, I love the pic too; I found it on EQD.

He did an awesome job with the "Oh, what a piece of work is man," speech as well. His performance was the best in my opinion by far.

Also, I'm going to add you as a friend because someone who likes Doctor Who, played Hamlet, and has an Edgar Allan Poe signature is the pinnacle of awesome in my book :D

To keep this topical, I would just like to point out how incredible awesome it was in "Doomsday" when the Daleks were absolutely slaughtering the Cyberman. I love it when bad guys fight :wub:

Rory is best companion.

^ I say that because Rory is just a derp sometimes, and he makes me laugh. Second to Rory comes Donna, then after that comes Rose.

I believe Tennant to be the best incarnation of The Doctor though, had a certain seriousness mixed with charm that just made him bloody likable.

If I tried to pick a favorite episode, my brain would explode.

I love the concept of Weeping Angels but they are absolutely horrifying. :|

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely love Doctor Who. A friend of mine in high school always went on and on about how she loved it and once I graduated (and had the time) I sat down and checked it out. My first episode was the Adipose one. Then I back tracked and fell in love with it. One of these days I'm going to sit down and watch the classic Doctor Who. 

I will admit that I am a huge Tennant fan. He is my favorite. The Ninth Doctor was a close second. Smith is growing on me slowly. I couldn't stand Amy or Rory so those episodes with them I had issues watching. Although, I freaking loved the Christmas special with Clara. I am looking forward to the new episodes. <3

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely love Doctor Who. A friend of mine in high school always went on and on about how she loved it and once I graduated (and had the time) I sat down and checked it out. My first episode was the Adipose one. Then I back tracked and fell in love with it. One of these days I'm going to sit down and watch the classic Doctor Who. 

I will admit that I am a huge Tennant fan. He is my favorite. The Ninth Doctor was a close second. Smith is growing on me slowly. I couldn't stand Amy or Rory so those episodes with them I had issues watching. Although, I freaking loved the Christmas special with Clara. I am looking forward to the new episodes. <3

Call me cliche, but my favorite companion was Rose, hands down. I loved her backstory and thought she and Tennant had a great dynamic. I actually liked Amy and Rory, but I had a bigger problem getting used to Smith, so they couldn't be properly appreciated at first. The Christmas special WAS pretty awesome, but am I the only one who doesn't like the new TARDIS design? It reminds me if the old series too much...

I'm still stuck between Peter Davidson and David Tennant as my favourite doctors, both of them were brilliant. Donna so far has been my favourite companion, Catherine and David just worked so well together and the Doctor Donna idea was just superb.

I think my favourite episode was "Dalek" I think out of all the modern Dalek episodes it captures how frightening they are compared to some of the other, although I just love the Daleks in general. By far the best quote of the entire show has been "This is now war, this is PEST CONTROL!!"

I like Matt Smith, he is very much his own Doctor but I'm so glad the whole Amy/Rory thing is over now, it was getting really tiresome. 

Tennant, hands down.  I'm going to go with 'Blink' from season 3 (2005) for my favorite episode.  For whatever reason, I never really got into the older ones (don't hate me!).

I actually liked Martha more than any of the other companions.  Amy comes second, Rose third.

I don't know why, but I didn't enjoy Donna as much as the other companions.

The Daleks or the Weeping Angels for favorite villian.  The classic will always be the Daleks.

Edited by IrOnPUdDiNg

Heh. I started watching Doctor Who when it was broadcast on TVOntario in the 70's. In the DW fandom they say you never really get over your 'first' Doctor, and in my case that's correct. Jon Pertwee, the third Doctor, is 'my Doctor'. In the modern series Chris Eccleston did an excellent job of re-introducing everyone to the Doctor, and his portrayal did remind me of Pertwee quite a bit.

In any case, favorite companions? Leela and Ace in the old series, Donna and Rory in the new series.

Favorite villain? Daleks. No contest.

Favorite episode? The Three Doctors in the old series, Blink in the new series.

Comparisons between MLP and DW characters? Oh, this should be fun. Most of these are from the classic series, as the modern one doesn't mesh as well in my mind:

Derpy -> Jo Grant

Octavia -> Romana I

Twilight -> Sara Jane Smith

Rainbow Dash -> Ace

Rarity -> Amy Pond

Fluttershy -> Victoria Waterfield

Shining Armor and Cadance -> Ben Jackson and Polly Wright

Edited by Fhaolan