Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if MLP dropped Applejack and Rarity?

SuperUltimateBrony

I think that Ashleigh Ball and Tabitha St. Germain would be more than a bit upset, and so would enough fans that Hasbro would regret it (even if it didn't mean the end of the show).  So I think the Mane 6 are safe.

No Rarity?

I'd personally strangle whoever is responsible.  Well, in my head, that is. 

Really, what would be the justification for this?Who would think this is a good idea?  All it would do is piss people off.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity has had a lot of episodes in both seasons prior... she's doing fine.

Have you been watching the same show as the rest of us? Rarity's had the least amount of episodes to herself at 5 (6 if you count Sisterhooves Social, which is more of a Sweetie Belle episode), two of which she shared equally with another pony (Fluttershy in Green isn't Your Color and Applejack in Look Before You Sleep), bringing the number of episodes she's had to herself down to 3.

I'm all for giving other ponies their time in the spotlight, but Rarity has been grossly neglected in comparison to the other ponies (so much so that she was the only pony who was actually cut from appearing in Luna Eclipsed).

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Now, Rarity I would not be completely be fine with, but I could get over it. But Applejack? I would go crazy, because she's my favorite pony. Hey, you down there. Look up here...

Edited by Appleja©k

Well Rarity is sort of forced to be a background character to an extent because of how her character is written. Her element is generosity and people would subconsciously recognize it as being greedy if she were to take a large amount of screen time. Also I don't think anybody cares about Applejack.

Well Rarity is sort of forced to be a background character to an extent because of how her character is written. Her element is generosity and people would subconsciously recognize it as being greedy if she were to take a large amount of screen time. Also I don't think anybody cares about Applejack.

Yes I too have taken issue with how she has been written in many episodes, but when her generous side is shown they do a good job of it. And nobody care about Applejack? Now those are fighting words if I ever heard them, nah but joking aside us Applejack fans are very loyal and dedicated to the charming, loveable underrated cowpony.

• Brohoof 4

Also I don't think anybody cares about Applejack.

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

If this happened, I might continue to watch the show for Rainbow Dash. But I would be unbelievably angry. Applejack and Rarity are amazing characters who were both my favorites at some point and have no right to be dropped out. It would ruin the show's soul if they were.

• Brohoof 4

It would ruin the show's soul if they were.

Hasbro has no soul :D And hasbro owns MLP so by the transitive property of souls, MLP has no soul. And besides, removing these 2 characters would force them to pay closer attention to the other 4, and we might see Rainbow's family, or Fluttershy's

Hasbro has no soul :D And hasbro owns MLP so by the transitive property of souls, MLP has no soul. And besides, removing these 2 characters would force them to pay closer attention to the other 4, and we might see Rainbow's family, or Fluttershy's

It would also be removing some of the best parts (such as Applejack) from the show. Even if these two characters don't have a ton of fans, they do have them. I'm a HUGE Applejack fan, and I for one would be devastated if they removed her. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty sure they don't need to remove the 2 characters just to focus on Rainbow Dash's or Fluttershy's family. There are plenty of people out there who love Applejack and especially Rarity. Even if some people don't, they still might lose the feel of the show because of it considering the show focuses on all 6 manes.

• Brohoof 2

There is no reason why they can't do that and still keep Applejack and Rarity, besides Applejack and Rarity have had an influence on the others characters and are just as important to the story as the other 4.

• Brohoof 2

I would like some proof from all the people in here who claim that either Applejack or Rarity would not be missed if they were scrapped from the show. Really? Do you really think that? -_-

They don't have to be the #1 favorite of the majority in order to be important or missed by fans if removed. Some of the responses in here are just absolutely ridiculous.

• Brohoof 1

if that happened, there would be no main six anymore, nor a unicorn role

hasbro will have fucked up, and lose all viewers for the new episodes

besides, fans will just take over and make there own episodes, with all characters present

HOW DID I JUST GET OVER 20 BROHOOFS FOR THIS ONE POST, THIS IS AMAZING, EVERYONE WHO BROHOOFED THIS IS AMAZING WOOT

CIDER ON ME

(edited)

I think the point being missed by the OP is that regardless of how popular these two characters are, both of them have many possible valid lessons to teach the viewers. It's because of their characters that open up many possibly premises for episodes and I think it would be nothing less than absurd if Hasbro decided to just drop two of the six elements- y'know, the elements that are regularly mentioned and used throughout the entire show?

Edited by fluffpudge

Applejack and Rarity aren't going anywhere.  The most they'd do is get marginalized in future episodes.  If that does prove to be the case, I'm grateful we got an extra helping of AJ in season 3 and PO'd that Rarity didn't get any episodes.  Season 4 will have 26 episodes.  Even if they were to put more emphasis on the other four ponies, they still owe Rarity!  :angry:

Applejack and Rarity aren't going anywhere.  The most they'd do is get marginalized in future episodes.  If that does prove to be the case, I'm grateful we got an extra helping of AJ in season 3 and PO'd that Rarity didn't get any episodes.  Season 4 will have 26 episodes.  Even if they were to put more emphasis on the other four ponies, they still owe Rarity!  :angry:

No worries- writers have confirmed that there's plenty of Rarity episodes to come in the fourth season! c: And I'm glad! She's such an interesting character and her episodes always catch my attention.

• Brohoof 1

Thing is, if you drop these two amazingly developed, important characters, let's just say that the show will capsize. Yeah, that's right. It'll be ruined to the point of no return. Why so?

Applejack is not very popular. We all know that. She holds the title of being the only main six who had a joke made of her, having been called a background pony on numerous occasions. But. Does her popularity matter when seeing how the show will survive without her? Think about it. I don't care how popular she is in the brony fandom, she's vital to the show. In keeping her friends straight (i.e. not crazy), in supporting her friends, in being one of the Elements of Harmony, as many people mentioned before me. Applejack is the anchor of the group that holds them together. Without the anchor, the whole ship is pretty much doomed.

Rarity is not very popular, too. After being called many descriptive names after Sonic Rainboom, in which she tried to "steal" Rainbow Dash's glory, she was shunned to a side by many Rainbow Dash fans (and other fans, as well, but usually RD fans, from what I saw. Obviously, I don't mean most of them, but many of them did criticize Rarity quite a lot). She was also the only one of the main six who had no episode in Season 3. But, again--does popularity matter? I say no. A character who's essential to the plot, no matter what bronies think of them, should stay in the show. Rarity is a character essential to the plot. She inspires some of us to aim for the top. Yes, Rainbow Dash does that, as well. So why should we even look at Rarity? Because she does it in a different way that some bronies can relate to, while others relate to RD's way. I compared RD and Rarity cause the two groups are usually at each other's throats.

Anyway, children. The moral of the story is that you don't remove an anchor from a ship because the crew doesn't like the rust on the iron.

• Brohoof 5

Rarity is not very popular, too. After being called many descriptive names after Sonic Rainboom, in which she tried to "steal" Rainbow Dash's glory, she was shunned to a side by many Rainbow Dash fans (and other fans, as well, but usually RD fans, from what I saw. Obviously, I don't mean most of them, but many of them did criticize Rarity quite a lot). She was also the only one of the main six who had no episode in Season 3. But, again--does popularity matter? I say no. A character who's essential to the plot, no matter what bronies think of them, should stay in the show. Rarity is a character essential to the plot. She inspires some of us to aim for the top. Yes, Rainbow Dash does that, as well. So why should we even look at Rarity? Because she does it in a different way that some bronies can relate to, while others relate to RD's way. I compared RD and Rarity cause the two groups are usually at each other's throats.

I think that what she also provides is a personality that can be played off of the other poniesbetter than most. Her over the top sense of passion plays perfectly off of Twilight's Straight Mare, or against the meek and reserved Fluttershy, or the no-nonsense Applejack. It even works with Rainbow Dash, in a "They're more alike than they think" way. I mean, think about it- they're both ponies with massive egos, striving to be the best in their respective fields, they both think pretty highly of themselves, but they're both defined by an element that's essentially about being selfless and reaching out to others.

You know, I just realized something. Rarity seems to be one of the less popular mane Six, and the reasoning I've heard is that bronies can't relate to her. But look at our fandom, particularly its huge creative and artistic side. Rarity is, at heart, an artist. You'd think that more in the community would connect with her through that.

• Brohoof 3

if hasbro got rid of Applejack, they would be losing alot of fans. Alot of people dont like Applejack and Rarity, but there are even more who DO like them.

If they dropped both ponies from the show people will cry and complain for about a week before someone will tell everyone to calm down, then everyone will start telling everyone to calm down then everyone would "get over it."

If they dropped both ponies from the show people will cry and complain for about a week before someone will tell everyone to calm down, then everyone will start telling everyone to calm down then everyone would "get over it."

Omitting two characters from the show entirely is completely different from, say, making Twilight an alicorn. At least, for the latter, there's a reason for it, however outrageous some people may find it. Removing two characters essential to the plot is simply unreasonable. It'll take a while, longer than just a week, for people to get over it. Rarity and Applejack may be unpopular compared to the rest of the main six, but they still have thousands of fans nonetheless. 

• Brohoof 1

You'd think that more in the community would connect with her through that.

That is actually the main reason why I like her, sure she is not my favorite of the mane 6 and I didn't really like her that much at first because her premadonna side got on my nerves but her creative side is very relatable. Sure I am a writer and a musician and not a fashion designer but I always thought that a creative mind is a strong mind regardless of the medium.