Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if MLP dropped Applejack and Rarity?

SuperUltimateBrony

Its no secret that these two characters are the least popular among the intended demographics. Would it really be such a big loss if they were to be dropped like how it happened to Rarity in Season 3? I mean you'll see them decorating the background like Derpy, but no more speaking roles for Applejack or Rarity.

The show would drop 2 main characters and the mainstays will be Twilight Sue, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash......with Twilight Sue upstaging the others even further of course.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did that. After all anyone remember how Teen Titans had no seasonal arc for Starfire? I could see Hasbro doing this in a shallow corporate greed driven kind of thing.

• Brohoof 1

What if mlp  made it so ponies regularly burst into flames

what if mlp gave Celestia a talking hand bag that yelled racist slurrs

what if mlp killed the cutie mark crusaders

Aren't questions that will never happen fun?  

• Brohoof 44

if that happened, there would be no main six anymore, nor a unicorn role

hasbro will have fucked up, and lose all viewers for the new episodes

besides, fans will just take over and make there own episodes, with all characters present

• Brohoof 26

No way in hell do they drop any of the Mane 6. They might not have any focused episodes for them, but there's no conceivable way they write them off forever. 

ITT: stealth I hate Applejack and Rarity topic

• Brohoof 2

It has been confirmed that Rarity will have multiple episodes in season 4, so apparently Hasbro doesn't see it the same way. Applejack isn't insanely popular, but she got her own episode basically in season 3, so there is that.

Wait, wouldn't dropping Rarity and Applejack, oh I don't know, destroy the whole 'Elements of Harmony' thing? Yeah, let's see them do that and expect the actual fan base to stay quiet.

• Brohoof 5

Honestly, I'd be pretty sad, because Rarity is my favorite pony, but I still think the show would go on. I'm sure they'd find 2 new ponies to fill in the gap for the Mane 6, but it wouldn't be the same.

If MLP dropped Applejack and Rarity, then the fans of both characters would be so pissed. I would be sad, without Rarity and Applejack. Besides without my 2nd favorite pony in the Mane 6, I would have to pick a pony to fill that empty black hole for #2.

Remove Rarity?

OF ALL THE WORST THINGS THAT COULD HAPPEN. THAT IS

THE.

WORST.

POSSIBLE.

THING.

*faints*

Oh nonononono. Do not remove Rarity. She is my absolute favorite of all the mane 6. Yeah, she was the least appeared during season 3, they can't just "remove" her because she appeared less. The opposite needs to come in: put her in episodes more. That would always work.

Sorry if I was a bit too dramatic...in my post. hehehehehe.

• Brohoof 14

Just because a pony isn't as popular as some pony else doesn't mean you just write them out of the show. If they decide to get rid of any of the Mane Six they will lose some of their fanbase,  Every pony is important to the show, and it really wouldn't be the same without all of them.

raritys my third fav and i like them all and um in teen titans  my fav was star fire lol and somtimes raven and beast boy it would suprise me if they took of main chracters from the show i proably wouldnt watch it for a while...

They better not. They know they would start to lose fans if they do. I LOVE Applejack! She's awesome! And Rarity is great too. They will lose attention rather than get it. So I think it's unlikely that it will happen. They've always been part of the mane six.

Twilight Sue

I dunno why but this made me laugh.

Anyway..

It wouldn't be the same without the two.

Rarity's my 3rd favorite pony so I wouldn't be too fond of her no longer being part of mane six.

Applejack is well kinda bland.....

It's impossible!! each one of the mane6 offers a balance in Ponyville and also between themselves. Also they are the bearers of the elements of Harmory Harmony :o

If Applejack was removed the ponies wouldn't have anything to eat :(

If Rarity was removed,

Twilight would look like this. :(

twilight_sparkle_by_doublevtovka22-d4o40

Pinkie like this :(

untoon_pinkie_pie_by_fire_camel-d3crtjt.

Fluttershy like this :(

my_ugly_pony_fluttershy_by_flippy_desu-d

Applejack like this :(

4c85404b-b5fa-4a0d-a862-6c05cb2fbc37.jpg

And Rainbow Dash like this :(

Rainbow-Dash-my-little-pony-friendship-i

1287666826226.png

As you can see they need a generous friend that can give them advice about their appearances :P

• Brohoof 8

What if mlp  made it so ponies regularly burst into flames

I actually heavily approve of such things. Heavily.

Anyways, if they were to remove best pony of the 6 and other, Hasbro would obviously explode into treats.

That may be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

It makes no sense at all. They are MAIN characters, and are adored by people of all ages. To write them off would be absolutely ridiculous. We have a main six for a reason. Also, what would become of the elements? What about main characters that are unicorns? There is absolutely no logic or reasoning within this thought.

I wouldn't mind if Applejack went from a main character to a side character.  I just don't feel like she has much potential for full episodes about her, and I only really like her banter with Rarity.  Now Rarity I actually like quite well, and I really enjoy some of her epiosdes.

No no a thousand times no, every single mane 6 character is important including Applejack and Rarity and removing either of them would be extremely foolish both because it would change the show for the worst and would alienate the fans of those characters. Applejack and Rarity may not be as popular as the others but they have some of the most loyal fans of any of the characters, though Rarity may not be my favorite I still like her and think she has a great deal of potential as a character and as for Applejack I have loved her from the start.

• Brohoof 2

What if mlp  made it so ponies regularly burst into flames  what if mlp gave Celestia a talking hand bag that yelled racist slurrs  what if mlp killed the cutie mark crusaders    Aren't questions that will never happen fun?  

First post nails it. B)

Rarity not being very prominenet in season 3 was tragic indeed, but straight up cutting her out of the show would make me cry. :(

Unless, of course, she got her own show, which would be alright with me.

And Applejack was on a roll last season, cutting her out would be bad too.

They're part of the Mane 6. They're here to stay whether you like it or not. :P

• Brohoof 1

It'd lose me as a viewer, as Rarity and Applejack are obviously the two best ponies. Seriously though, I can't believe people prefer One-Dimensional Dash, Lemming Pie, and Doormat Shy over them.

lol.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

It's impossible!! each one of the mane6 offers a balance in Ponyville and also between themselves. Also they are the bearers of the elements of Harmory Harmony :o

img-1229265-5-Rainbow-Dash-my-little-pon

As you can see they need a generous friend that can give them advice about their appearances :P

(Whistles) Clearly Dashie can be most attractive pony without Rarity's influence at all. I'm very impressed, although it's to be expected ;)

Are they least popular among the intended demographics? Is there some kind of survey you can link me to? I know that they are probably the least popular here, but we are far from the target demographic. In any case, this thread seems to be something of a reaction against Alicorn Twilight and while there are certainly many utterly stupid and pointless directions that they could go with that, they won't ever cut out a Mane Six, The most I can see them doing is marginalizing them even more relative to Twilight. If they were to do even that I would be very angry, and cutting anyone entirely would undoubtedly change the show for the worse, especially characters as great as Applejack and Rarity. 

Like I said though, it's thankfully not going to happen.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Not happening. The show would NEVER EVER be the same without those two. And what happens to the elements of harmony, and how would the other ponies react? And do you really think that little kids would be fine with two of the main characters getting written off? You don't think they would be sad to see them go? Besides, Rarity is quite popular with female fans of the show, and I take notice little kids usually like Applejack to some degree, usually a lot. EQD posted a survey in which people ranked each of the mane six. Females, who are the target audience might I add, ranked both Applejack and Rarity higher than male fans of the show did.

There is always going to be a least favorite. Does that mean you write them off? That's absurd, silly, and downright stupid. All six of the main characters have a large, dedicated, and passionate fanbase. You don't just say "Hey, AJ and Rarity aren't as popular as the others, let's get rid of them!!" Can you imagine very many shows that HAVE actually done that? I can't think of any. Hasbro wants to make money. By killing off two main characters, they have even less characters to sell toys of.

And I for one would not be watching without Applejack. She's my favorite, and she plays a huge role as part of the Mane Six. Rarity is probably my sixth favorite of the Mane Six, and yet I still would quit watching if they wrote her off, because she adds so many enjoyable moments to the show. By taking out a character, the show loses a whole sixth of its charm in my book.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

no.....not RARITY!!!! I don't care for Applejack but NOT RARITY!!! Not....Rarity...nooooooooo sir.

But actually..both characters are very useful in the story. And too evolved in it to drop them.

(edited)

No one would miss AJ, but you can't get rid of my Wiggle Wawidy ;c;

Rarity fans are Rare (but are some of the best people on the forum I know, Lurp Shankie, that mod guy who I always forget his name, and Sparky), and so are the AJ fans, but in the words of AJ herself:

Edited by Francis Sparkle
  • Brohoof 1