• Homeworld
    • Warhammer 40,000
    • Company of Heroes
    • Halo Wars
    • FTL: Faster Than Light
    • Total War
    • LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth
    • Other

I find that RTS's are the superior strategy games. Although Civilization is fun, I find turn-based strategy games to be way too slow. I've played a couple of RTS's and I think that Starcraft II is the flagship RTS.

@,

OP I can't belive it. You don't have the best RTS game ever on your list.

Lord of The Rings - Battle For Middle-Earth II

That game.

Best game ever. I played it way too much. I was one of the few people who had reached max level.

I did not forget this game, trust me, but as I said previously, I tried to focus on the more "pure" RTS games. However almost the entire game is played in a RTS way, so not adding this was a misstake and it will be added

I'd say Warcraft is my personal fave...well honestly, it's one of the only RTS I've had/played, that and Starcraft. I'm into Warcraft mainly for the custom maps, and if I do say so myself, I'm getting better and better at it every day. I even made a Rainbow Dash-influenced Unit (extremely quick ang agile, gains speed as it continues to attack)...as well as a Pinkie Pie-influenced Unit (Chases you throughout the entire map, relentlessly...Pinkie Promise style)... and I'm currently making on a Discord one... Only problem is, I have no Model Files for the characters, so some Bronies might not get the reference...

Command & Conquer is my favorite RTS series, I grew up playing Tiberium Dawn all the time. But, the games after TW kinda suck.

StarCraft is a very close second,though, particularly Brood War.

Also, I didn't know FTL was considered an RTS.

I liked C&C, Warcraft and Starcraft. But my favorite RTS of all is Dune 2000. A very old one that came out in 1999 as the original sequel to Dune. I love playing as the Ordos and crushing the stereotypical good and evil houses (Atreides and Harkonnen).

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to change my original answer. Upon having a conversation with my father about things we used to do together before I left home we talked about an old series we used to love playing against each other and I have since found and reordered a few of these disks from the hyper-realistic RTS series that is Close Combat! my favorite being Close Combat III: The Russian Front or its Remake, Close Combat: Cross of iron

My favorite RTS is supreme commander

if i need to choose from the list i'd choose the total war series...derpy_emoticon2.png

when is rome 2 total war coming out! derpy_emoticon1.png

(edited)

StarCraft 2 is without doubt the best RTS game out there. It has a great storyline, with characters you can't help but like. Also, who doesn't love the Protoss?

Edited by DJ-BRONI3

I love sc2. It is so much fun. I am loving HotS as i am a die hard zerg player, FOR THE SWARM!

I am not that amazing at it, but I am getting better each time i load up a game.

(edited)

To me: it truly is Starcraft. It has great graphics, challenges, units, factions etc... So other words: i guess i love everything about Starcraft :3 but my first RTS game i have played however before Starcraft II are follows ((and i still own them :3)):

- Age of Empires I, II + The Conquerors and III

- Age of Mythology and The Titans expansion

- Red Alert

- C&C: Red Alert 3 ((My favorite game after Starcraft :3))

- Rise of Nations and Thrones and Patriots version

I really love RTS games! :D

Edited by Thunderlight

• 2 months later...

I really like the RTS genre despite sucking quite badly at it.happy.png

My favorite games are from the Command & Conquer series. They are Red Alert 2, Red Alert 3, Tiberium Wars, Kane's Wrath, and Generals. I also enjoyed Halo Wars and Warcraft 3, but not as much as the C&C series. In fact, I went and bought C&C The Ultimate Collection just so I can play all of those wonderful games.

I really like the RTS genre despite sucking quite badly at it.img-1561502-1-happy.png

My favorite games are from the Command & Conquer series. They are Red Alert 2, Red Alert 3, Tiberium Wars, Kane's Wrath, and Generals. I also enjoyed Halo Wars and Warcraft 3, but not as much as the C&C series. In fact, I went and bought C&C The Ultimate Collection just so I can play all of those wonderful games.

Yep, I too bought the Ultimate Collection to relive the glory days of Command and Conquer. It's funny, because I've owned all the games before but over time just either lost them or gave them away. Luckily, I got to play them all over again, and I played my favorite one, Yuri's Revenge, over and over again.

Truly a great series, although it's sad that it has declined as of late.